• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any miniaturists here?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I recently created a compact, old-timey kitchen out of a small wooden box. For a bit of fun, I included the Great Dane figure in the scene. He chooses to drink from the kitchen sink because he's not only tall enough to do pretty much whatever he wants to do, he's also much too dignified and noble a dog to drink from a toilet bowl.

Kitchen with Great Dane.jpg

I absolutely adore Great Danes, which probably sounds odd for someone who is into everything else in miniature.

Tagging those who seem to have been enjoying and commenting on my little escapist world of miniatures. You're welcome to escape into them with me! @Eddi @Little Dragon @Debater Slayer @JDMS @ChristineM @JustGeorge @Callisto @syo @Harel13 @Sand Dancer @The Hammer @VoidCat

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I recently created a compact, old-timey kitchen out of a small wooden box. For a bit of fun, I included the Great Dane figure in the scene. He chooses to drink from the kitchen sink because he's not only tall enough to do pretty much whatever he wants to do, he's also much too dignified and noble a dog to drink from a toilet bowl.

View attachment 84501

I absolutely adore Great Danes, which probably sounds odd for someone who is into everything else in miniature.

Tagging those who seem to have been enjoying and commenting on my little escapist world of miniatures. You're welcome to escape into them with me! @Eddi @Little Dragon @Debater Slayer @JDMS @ChristineM @JustGeorge @Callisto @syo @Harel13 @Sand Dancer @The Hammer @VoidCat

That is very good work, i particularly like the old Aga.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

View attachment 84501

I love it

The Great Dane reminds me a lot of my labrador, who is also black

Little Dragon

View attachment 84501

That gives me flash back memories of my childhood, my grandmother had a doll's house with copper pans and kettle. I love the wallpaper, and the doggo. Did you sculpt him/her too?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
That gives me flash back memories of my childhood, my grandmother had a doll's house with copper pans and kettle. I love the wallpaper, and the doggo. Did you sculpt him/her too?

I'm not at all good with sculpting, as my attempts with polymer clay (that you bake in the oven after sculpting) have been less than satisfactory. The doggo is one of a collection of animal figures made by a company called Safari.

There are other international companies that make realistic animal figures (including dinosaurs!) such as Schleich (German), Mojo (U.K.), Papo (French), etc. I chose Safari (U.S.) only because their Great Dane was of the best scale size for my kitchen scene. I found the other companies' Great Danes to be much smaller.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Here is yet another form of the art of miniatures that you may enjoy as much as I do. It's the annual Holiday Train Show presented by The New York Botanical Garden.

Miniature trains rattle through botanical settings that include replicas of New York historic buildings constructed entirely out of natural materials such as bark, twigs, leaves, acorns, etc.

It's an incredible fantasy world -- with trains that run on time!

Below are some pictures I took during my recent visit. You can learn more about the art of the annual NYBG Holiday Train Show at this link:

PXL_20231125_220205386.jpg

PXL_20231125_220137468.jpg

PXL_20231125_220413155.MP.jpg

PXL_20231125_220002111.jpg

PXL_20231125_220634492.MP.jpg

PXL_20231125_220730801.MP.jpg

Little Dragon

I am a Warhammer 40k fan of old. Miniature modelling and painting, is a massive part of the game. This thread is inspiring me to post images of some of my creations and paint jobs. I also make scenery for table top battle fields. Buildings, cover, foliage, bubbling pits of acid and craters full of lava, using silicone gels and inks and all sorts.
I am in the process of painting a new Tyranid army for a friend, I may post one or two models on here, later, when they are complete.
In the meantime I might post an image of my pride and joy. My Tau* Stormsurge Lord of War unit. When I can dig it out of my expansive collection.

Miniaturists rule!

*For the information of other 40k players out there, I primarily play the Tau Empire, and my gaming circle doesn't bother with 10th edition. We play 9th edition. GW can keep 10th, it's terrible.

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I am a Warhammer 40k fan of old. Miniature modelling and painting, is a massive part of the game. This thread is inspiring me to post images of some of my creations and paint jobs. I also make scenery for table top battle fields. Buildings, cover, foliage, bubbling pits of acid and craters full of lava, using silicone gels and inks and all sorts.
I am in the process of painting a new Tyranid army for a friend, I may post one or two models on here, later, when they are complete.
In the meantime I might post an image of my pride and joy. My Tau* Stormsurge Lord of War unit. When I can dig it out of my expansive collection.

Miniaturists rule!

*For the information of other 40k players out there, I primarily play the Tau Empire, and my gaming circle doesn't bother with 10th edition. We play 9th edition. GW can keep 10th, it's terrible.
I've always wanted to play Warhammer 40k but am rubbish at making and painting models and have nobody to play with :(

I am however familiar with most of the factions and my favourite is the Tau Empire!

I once tried gluing together a model U-Boat but it came out all wonky, I did it as a gift to my sister who likes submarines

Little Dragon

I've always wanted to play Warhammer 40k but am rubbish at making and painting models and have nobody to play with :(

I am however familiar with most of the factions and my favourite is the Tau Empire!

I once tried gluing together a model U-Boat but it came out all wonky, I did it as a gift to my sister who likes submarines
You can buy them 2nd hand and pre painted. However I was rubbish when I started too. Years ago. The Tau Empire is a fun faction, noone likes fighting the Tau. Too many guns!

We play every week. However it took years to get to this stage, since all of us had other commitments for a long time!

Little Dragon

If you lived anywhere near Cambridge UK. You would be welcome to join in!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
You would be welcome. I know Trumpington well, used to work in the area.
I love Trumpington I miss visiting my sister there

They have a most excellent mobile kebab vendor who sets up on the main road not far from Waitrose

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
My sister used to live in Trumpington, near the hospital

I'm up in Yorkshire but if I lived down there I would most certainly take you up on that offer, thanks!

I'm a New York girl, but my man is from Nottingham. Every year we travel back to England to see friends and family. Cheers to you, @Eddi and @Little Dragon!

Did you see my post in this thread about Bourton-on-the-Water and their model village? Have either of you been there?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I'm a New York girl, but my man is from Nottingham. Every year we travel back to England to see friends and family. Cheers to you, @Eddi and @Little Dragon!

Did you see my post in this thread about Bourton-on-the-Water and their model village? Have either of you been there?
I don't think I've been but I remember going to a model village when I was a kid, I remember they had some captive birds of prey there, owls and eagles, that sort of thing, there was a man there who gave a demonstration