• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody: What do you think about extra-terrestrials?

What do you think about extra-terrestrials?

• Total voters

Smoke

Done here.
What do you think about extra-terrestrial, intelligent life forms? Do they exist? Have they visited earth? Can we hope to visit them?
Note that you can check as many answers as you like.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
The universe is a pretty damn big place, so I have a hard time believing there is no intelligent life anywhere but earth. Whether or not we will ever see such life is questionable, and I don't believe we have yet.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The universe is a pretty damn big place, so I have a hard time believing there is no intelligent life anywhere but earth. Whether or not we will ever see such life is questionable, and I don't believe we have yet.
This is my answer too. I don't rule it out, but I am not on my roof most nights in a deck chair waiting for the first landing team.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
What do you think about extra-terrestrial, intelligent life forms? Do they exist? Have they visited earth? Can we hope to visit them?
I believe they exist, but not as little green men with weird features and antenae coming out of their heads. I believe God populated many worlds other than ours. (I highly doubt they exist anywhere within our solar system, though.)

lunamoth

Will to love
Oh, to answer the OP, I think the odds are high there there is life elsewhere in the universe. Whether identifiable 'contact' will ever be made with intelligent life elsewhere, I don't know. I'm in the same camp as Carl Sagen. It would be really cool to detect sign of intelligent life from another galaxy.

FFH

Veteran Member
ET's, as currently and/or generally defined, don't exist...

Another deceptive lie of our adversary.

The rapture/first resurrection of the saints will be explained away as an ET abduction.

Human intelligences and human spirits obviously exist outside our world, but not in the distorted human form our society portrays them to be..

No space ships and funny looking little men or any other distorted human form, this is obviously a deceptive lie of our adversary...

"ET phone home"

The rapture/first resurrection of the saints will be explained away as an ET abduction.

Human intelligences and human spirits obviously exist outside our world, but not in the distorted human form our society portrays them to be..

No space ships and funny looking little men or any other distorted human form, this is obviously a deceptive lie of our adversary...

"ET phone home"

So Roswell was a weather balloon, as far as you are concerned. And you are convinced that in the entire universe has no other life forms are intelligent enough to travel to our tiny little blue world. After all it was only 400 years ago Nicolaus Copernicus figured out we were not the center of the solar system let alone the universe.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice

"ET phone home"

What benefit does satan get by convinging people that aliens exist?

arthra

Baha'i
My idea is that the likelihood of actual extra terrestrials visiting earth via rocket ships is less likely than inter dimensional beings... that is that there are parallel universes that occasionally intersect and meet and our normal everyday space-time coordinates can get blurred also.. so this would explain some psychic phenomena...

Is it possible we will be in contact though with intelligent life in the universe? Like other beings ... I think so. If they are like us we should be very careful though because we don't have a good track record in dealing with other civilizations. So maybe we're still too primitive...

- Art:cool:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I love forum questions like this.

Let me give you a nutsy coo-coo view.......From a bible stand point of aliens

Exodus
13:21 And The Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

13:22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people

14:19 And the angel of Elohim, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

14:20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

19:18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.

Sounds like a spaceship to me. I guess this is where Close Encounters Of The Third
Kind got its story.....

24:18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

Numbers
10:12 And the children of Israel took their journeys out of the wilderness of Sinai; and the cloud rested in the wilderness of Paran.

2 Kings
2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Genesis

2:21 And The Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

2:22 And the rib, which The Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Ahhhhhh......nothing like a little organ harvesting and gene manipulation. Sounds like a medical proceedure from highly intelleigent beings (eloheem) to me.:cover:

28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

Ezekiel
1:4 And I looked, and behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it (Make you thing of 2 Kings 2:11 Where Elijah was taken up by a whirlwind), and from the midst of it as the color of amber, from the midst of the fire.

1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

I know....I know......I may be reading way too much into this and maybe quoting it as if it is leteral instead of symbolic......BUT I"M JUST SAYIN'....!!!!!!!......:p

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I believe it is possible for life to evolve on other worlds but I do not believe that extra terrestrials have visited our planet yet. It could be that the science fiction stories we hear about wormholes and traveling at the speed of light might not ever work, and there may not be any practical way to travel great distances accross the galaxy. I don't believe in the alien abduction stories any more than the stories of angels and demons. The universe is a very big place and distances are very far. We still don't have a shred of evidence that they exist, only speculation. It could be that we are all alone in the universe.

FFH

Veteran Member
So Roswell was a weather balloon, as far as you are concerned. And you are convinced that in the entire universe has no other life forms are intelligent enough to travel to our tiny little blue world. After all it was only 400 years ago Nicolaus Copernicus figured out we were not the center of the solar system let alone the universe.
Right, but to travel that kind of distances, you're talking about, for example, from universe to universe, to those worlds, where there is human life like ours, is out of the question...

There are other worlds, patterned after this world, with the same life forms and human beings, created in God's image, but not within feesable traveling distance...

FFH

Veteran Member
What benefit does satan get by convinging people that aliens exist?
It's a distraction from the truth that all human beings, in all of the infinite universes, are all going to look like us, being patterned after God's image..

Creating little grey men, with distorted horrid human-like features, mocks God and his beautiful creations..

Satan distorts and distracts, that's his job, and he's doing it well...

shadow_fire

I am 100% certain they exist. I am at least 90% certain we will never visit or see them.

The fact that we developed and grew through evolution to the point we are at now accompanied by the fact that space is endless proves to me that there must be MANY MANY extra terrestrials.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I'm doubtful of the existence of ET's but would like to be proven wrong.

If ET's exist and know about us, it's fairly obvious we don't interest them much. Or, perhaps they are so advanced they have made contact but we have no clue they've even been here.