• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anyone ever wanted to be a moviestar

Titanic

Sir Patrick Stewart is a better example of that argument, since he didn't get into TV/Film until he was in his late 40s.

not really cause Brad Pitt is more famous in the eye's of the fan's and he started at 24 and became one of the most famous actor's ever so my point has been made.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Instead of hell for me it would be heaven for me, acting in movies and being a movie star. IT is my dream.

Good for you, and don't let my comments get you down. Pursue your dream regardless of what anyone says, or regardless of what happens.

But for me, both would involve too much interaction with people.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
not really cause Brad Pitt is more famous in the eye's of the fan's and he started at 24 and became one of the most famous actor's ever so my point has been made.

Just sayin', you can be come famous overnight at any age, and I think older actors are better examples.

'Sides, Brad Pitt is a pretty boy who never impressed me as an actor(granted I only saw him in Troy, which I felt was boring as all heck). Sir Patrick Stewart is a knight. :D

Titanic

You do realize that there's about a million other kids trotting off to Hollywood with that exact same dream, right?

So what, I am not one of those people that let's other people take them down. I know i can do it, if all the other one's that made it can do it, I know i can.[the way i look at it all them other one's will not last forever, so someone has to take over, why not me, that is the way i look at it].

Titanic

BTW, if you've never seen it, go watch Ed Wood. I know it's about a director, not an actor, but it will still have a lot of guidance and wisdom for anyone wishing to pursue their dreams.

As a game designer/developer, it's been EXTREMELY great to have that movie to help bring me down to earth to make my dreams a reality IN reality, rather than in my dreams. ... if that made sense.

thank's.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
So what, I am not one of those people that let's other people take them down. I know i can do it, if all the other one's that made it can do it, I know i can.[the way i look at it all them other one's will not last forever, so someone has to take over, why not me, that is the way i look at it].

My point is that to directors and producers, you're going to be just another kid.

Unless, of course, you do something to stand out. Or if Lady Luck is on your side like it was for most of the big name actors.

Titanic

As I said before, you only live once in this world so you might as well at least try to make your dream's happen.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
As I said before, you only live once in this world so you might as well at least try to make your dream's happen.

Good philosophy.

But a word of warning: don't follow Cinderella as your role model for making dreams come true.

And if someone offers you a theater role TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT!!! Film directors and producers are far more likely to cast someone with theater experience than some random shmuck off the streets.

Titanic

Acting is not as hard as people make it out to be, I understand that there is no guarantees I will actually become a moviestar but it is not impossible and i have practically studied acting since before i was a teenager, so who know's i might actually make it.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Acting is not as hard as people make it out to be, I understand that there is no guarantees I will actually become a moviestar but it is not impossible and i have practically studied acting since before i was a teenager, so who know's i might actually make it.

I know. I did a bit of acting (theater) for a year in college, and for my final in-class performance, I actually did so well that my girlfriend (who was also in the class) hardly recognized me.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Studied theatre? Cool. How do you prepare for a role?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
sorry this reply is so late, but two word's as how i prepare for a role, METHOD ACTING. Simple as that.

Go Strasberg and Stanislavski! :D

It's utilized by many a film star...Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Heath Ledger all are/were method actors. Keep your head in the game and have fun with auditioning! :)

Titanic

Go Strasberg and Stanislavski! :D

It's utilized by many a film star...Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Heath Ledger all are/were method actors. Keep your head in the game and have fun with auditioning! :)

Maybe I will become the next great moviestar, I have got the Psychopath villain and the romantic acting part down pat, two very different acting genre's, now if i can get the comedy aspect down I could become a very very very versatile actor. Maybe land a movie role that will make me a moviestar, ah the beauty of method acting. I wish good luck to anyone in trying to purse their dream, I know i am trying

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Maybe I will become the next great moviestar, I have got the Psychopath villain and the romantic acting part down pat, two very different acting genre's, now if i can get the comedy aspect down I could become a very very very versatile actor. Maybe land a movie role that will make me a moviestar, ah the beauty of method acting. I wish good luck to anyone in trying to purse their dream, I know i am trying

Comedy is the toughest, I think. You have to be so completely stripped of all pretense and not trying in the least to be "likable." It's also one of the reasons why some of the funniest stories and people are the ones who are the weirdest real-life ones. Actors who are able to - once again - strip themselves of any masks they put forth and seamlessly weave in motivations of desperation with their character in specific timing of the script, blocking with other actors, and phrasing in the dialogue are the ones who are most successful.

Depp is a perfect example of someone who can take on a comedic role and not be "trying too hard." That's where method acting can be of help, since you're internalizing the character.

Titanic

Comedy is the toughest, I think. You have to be so completely stripped of all pretense and not trying in the least to be "likable." It's also one of the reasons why some of the funniest stories and people are the ones who are the weirdest real-life ones. Actors who are able to - once again - strip themselves of any masks they put forth and seamlessly weave in motivations of desperation with their character in specific timing of the script, blocking with other actors, and phrasing in the dialogue are the ones who are most successful.

Depp is a perfect example of someone who can take on a comedic role and not be "trying too hard." That's where method acting can be of help, since you're internalizing the character.

yes you are 100% correct, that is why i love method acting, I know i am trying my best so i guess we will see what happen's. Weird thing though about Johnny Depp he really wanted to be a rockstar instead of a moviestar, then his band broke up and he turned to acting. But he has said music was alway's his first love. Funny how life turn's out eh?

Wirey

Fartist
Well has anyone? I know I do. p.s sorry about the spam posts.

I've been in several films. Here in Canada, I'm actually pretty famous. I've been in:

Sleds Ho!

A gripping tale about a prostitute during the Yukon Gold Rush. I was Sled Dog #5. My big line:

"Grrrr! Ruff!"

The Ballad of Peter Puck

A documentary about a failed dentist who earns a living by pre-chewing food for toothless defensemen. I played Pierre LaPoo, centerman and team captain. My big line:

"Mon dieu! Je ve un tapat grande avec les crepe Suzette!" ("I'm open, pass the puck, crepe Suzette!")

Can't Wait For Winter

A hilarious romp about three brothers from Newfoundland who shovel their driveways for 11 months a year, until it rains. I played Steve the Newfie, shovel salesman at Canadian Tire. My big line:

"Jeez, by', that ain't covered by the guarantee. Well, time to get loaded."

Autographs are $10 each, and I do sign body parts.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
William B. Davis, "Cancer man" on the X-files was a client of mine for a few years when the X-files was in its hay day. I remember chatting to him while we were driving up the computer store I managed at the time, and was explaining what I was going through and how I had to put a "brave face" on to carry on. He said, with a smile, "You might make a good actor". I didn't know if he was pulling my leg or was being serious. He certainly never called me to come on to the set and get my feet wet. :)