• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anyone ever wanted to be a moviestar

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I am perfectly content with stage acting and only a few people recognizing me, and those are typically only people who habitually go to theatre performances.

I mean why would you not want to become a moviestar, all the perks that come with it, it is my dream and i am well on my way to pursing it.better to be a movie star instead of just working at kfc or living your life through a celebrity, instead of actually becoming one, money comes and go's i think it would be better to leave something behind instead of being a nobody.
To me, there are no perks. Your privacy is not existent, everything you do and say is under a microscope for public scrutiny, people hounding you day and night with cameras (even in your own back yard), and I tend to get irate when people are more concerned about my life than their own. Moreover, I absolutely hate the celebrity worship in our society. LA and Hollywood are the lands of broken dreams and shattered self-esteems and a lake of debt that many drown in, both of them an entirely different worlds once the fakeness of the glitz and glam are removed. There is nothing I find appealing about the movie-star celebrity status. I wouldn't mind acting in film and movies, but I'm much more likely to grab cameras and smash them (can't rip the film out anymore or I would do that) than pose for the paparazzi. I would be a celebrity with a pages long list of assault, battery, aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, and other acts of violence towards those who jobs it is to pester me at all hours of the day. I would also take up Maynard James Keenan's practice of shooting trespassers with a paintball gun, except I would use pepper-spray balls.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, a famous person could always have a fake life created by a PR + Security company that they paid to hide their actual real relationships. You could have a public popular life and a secret life, too.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, a famous person could always have a fake life created by a PR + Security company that they paid to hide their actual real relationships. You could have a public popular life and a secret life, too.
I don't think that would be possible today.

Me Myself

Back to my username
My control freakness is bigger than my attention whoreness, soI would prefer not to be famous, so crazy paparazziss dont follow me and I can have private life :cover:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have a fantasy of making movies, rather than particularly being in them. Specifically, writing screenplays and directing. Though, i'm not dedicated to the idea. I'm pursuing it as if it was a hobby, alongside my primary pursuits. The chances of that fantasy happening are pretty low with my current dedication to it, but i might increase that dedication if i feel more confident about the decision to pursue it (as i'm hesitant) and after i'm done with the tasks which are taking a primary seat.

Overall, i'm not allowing myself to get too invested in it until i'm more sure of what i want to do with my life.

Titanic

I have a fantasy of making movies, rather than particularly being in them. Specifically, writing screenplays and directing. Though, i'm not dedicated to the idea. I'm pursuing it as if it was a hobby, alongside my primary pursuits. The chances of that fantasy happening are pretty low with my current dedication to it, but i might increase that dedication if i feel more confident about the decision to pursue it (as i'm hesitant) and after i'm done with the tasks which are taking a primary seat.

Overall, i'm not allowing myself to get too invested in it until i'm more sure of what i want to do with my life.

I would go for it man.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would go for it man.

Thanks man, i appreciate the support. I'm just hesitant because i'm conflicted about what i want to do. But i'm still pursuing it as a hobby, so if and when i decide to be more dedicated to it, i won't start from square one at all. I'm already studying about it and doing some activities that maintain the wheels running, so to speak. Both in regards to directing and screenwriting.

I might decide to take it more seriously though if you agree to appear in my first movie. I'll get you a fancy role and all. :D

Titanic

Thanks man, i appreciate the support. I'm just hesitant because i'm conflicted about what i want to do. But i'm still pursuing it as a hobby, so if and when i decide to be more dedicated to it, i won't start from square one at all. I'm already studying about it and doing some activities that maintain the wheels running, so to speak. Both in regards to directing and screenwriting.

I might decide to take it more seriously though if you agree to appear in my first movie. I'll get you a fancy role and all. :D

I accept the offer! screenwriting and directing is a cool thing. Without it us actors would be nothing. If you do decide to make it a full time thing I support you and I hope you make it man. Good luck!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I don't think that would be possible today.

Actually, I know a few people in the biz who are very good friends with a-listers who are nothing like the media portrays them. Some folks who many think are shallow and naive are actually extremely down-to-earth. I was surprised to hear some of the stories relating actual people rather than scripted caricatures.

But, I understand the hesitancy to believe it.