• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
To miss the mark, to err. Everything is part of God, you me, the lot. There is only one right and wrong and then mankind messing it all up and looking for excuses not to do it.
Except for the fact that there are literally hundreds of proposed deities...
Like I said, better hope you chose the right one

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
It's a good thing I don't believe in your "sin" then.

In no way can you possibly believe that if a man beats the **** out of his wife and treats her like she's less than the muck on his boots that she should be restricted to never find any love or happiness for the rest of her life. If she is lucky enough to get out of that marriage and away from her abuser you would actually hold that she should never love again? Because that is what you are saying when you seem to think that being with anyone unmarried is a "sin" and daring to remarry is a "sin" as well. You are punishing a victim for the rest of their life. You honestly believe that your god holds such standards? If so do you really wonder why anyone would think your god cruel and spiteful?
Never said it was easy.
EDIT
though saying that, in the lord it is.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
And just because something is "unlawful" doesn't mean it may be the "wrong" thing to do at the time either. It may be "wrong" according to the law but it may not be personally for the person doing the killing depending on the situation they are in.
I completely agree.
Thus the reason I intentionally left out any mention of highly subjective terms "right" or "wrong".

Robert.Evans

Yes, you repeat the above bold empty claim ad nauseum with nothing to support it except your belief it is true.
Not very convincing outside your choir.
plenty to back it up... even common sense. But to those who choose to ingore, they ignore.

Robert.Evans

Tell me what you mean by murder.
We probably will disagree. It is an extremely subjective term. Usually people just mean "homicide I think is wrong".
Tom
Wow! I didn't think for one moment, that you could into a debate about what murder was. You learn something new every day.
The scripture in depth says, do not inflict violence, kill, or murder. Will that do?

Robert.Evans

And just because something is "unlawful" doesn't mean it may be the "wrong" thing to do at the time either. It may be "wrong" according to the law but it may not be personally for the person doing the killing depending on the situation they are in.
Killing is wrong.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Wow! I didn't think for one moment, that you could into a debate about what murder was. You learn something new every day.
The scripture in depth says, do not inflict violence, kill, or murder. Will that do?
You just demonstrated why he flat out asked you to define what you mean by murder.
Now the question is if you are actually going to define what you mean by murder.
Thus far you have not.

Robert.Evans

ouch.
"common sense" is a last ditch effort when you have nothing to present.
And you started with it this time...
Well there doesn't seem any point does there. You won't agree and I am sure you have looked into the subject as far as you want to.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Killing is wrong.
Is killing a killer wrong? Is killing someone trying to kill you wrong? Trying to kill your spouse or child? I suppose that if you had the full capability to take out the guy about to rip open your child's neck with a knife you would stop, think to yourself, "killing is wrong" and just watch them kill your child? That would be best right? Because then they will have the "sin" of killing and not you. Sure, your child had to die to keep your soul clean, but hey, it's worth it right?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Scriptures are not very pasimonous. Do not inflict violence would have been sufficient. Were the authors payed by the number of words they write? ;)

Forgetting for a second that God does exactly that most of the time in the Bible.

Ciao

- viole

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well there doesn't seem any point does there. You won't agree and I am sure you have looked into the subject as far as you want to.
Good idea to back out of this particular tangent.
You have always in the past had your arse handed to you.

Robert.Evans

Is killing a killer wrong? Is killing someone trying to kill you wrong? Trying to kill your spouse or child? I suppose that if you had the full capability to take out the guy about to rip open your child's neck with a knife you would stop, think to yourself, "killing is wrong" and just watch them kill your child? That would be best right? Because then they will have the "sin" of killing and not you. Sure, your child had to die to keep your soul clean, but hey, it's worth it right?
Defend or kill?

Robert.Evans

Scriptures are not very pasimonous. Do not inflict violence would have been sufficient. Were the authors payed by the number of words they write? ;)

Forgetting for a second that God does exactly that most of the time in the Bible.

Ciao

- viole
Its a long answer, oh cute one. ;)
But who then is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.