• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you saved?

idav

Being
Premium Member
"And if the resurrection be not, our faith is in vain."
Anyone who believes that misses the point. Faith isn't about living eternally, at least it shouldn't be. You don't have to physically die to reconcile with the father. Jesus taught how, while he was alive.

Shuddhasattva

"And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept."--1 Cor. 15:17-20

My point in paraphrasing it was that this is the hallmark of Christianity as we know it, and yet it is the prime falsity.

kjw47

How can you claim to know this, when Jesus himself said that no one, not even himself nor the angels in Heaven, but only the Father knows the time, and it shall come unexpectedly like a thief in the night? I may be wrong, but I believe he even warned against looking for signs of it.

Good day to you Shadow Wolf-- All of the prophecys leading up to-- whenever they are saying peace and security, sudden destruction will be upon them( babylon the great) have allready been fullfilled.
It says that only God knows the day and hour( Harmageddon) it also advised to keep on the watch.

kjw47

Endure what, and to the end of what?
(The reason I ask is that, depending on which Christian one talks to, the answer may vary).

-

Endure living in this system of things where satan is the ruler of this world as a righteous person all the way to ones death( end) or until Harmageddon strikes.

idav

Being
Premium Member
"And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept."--1 Cor. 15:17-20

My point in paraphrasing it was that this is the hallmark of Christianity as we know it, and yet it is the prime falsity.
It is interesting that they believed that death meant the end but with god being spirit I can't really see what he needs with our physical bodies. Jesus says to be reborn of spirit.

John 3
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Reverend Richard

New Thought Minister
It could be, I'm not sure though.

-

I think the fall of Jerusalem was only one reason, but that was decades after Christ's crucifixion. I believe there were MANY other Old Testament prophesies that Jesus left unfulfilled. Perhaps one our Jewish brothers or sisters could elaborate.

Flankerl

Don't you want to be 'saved, delivered, rescued' through the coming 'great tribulation' into Messiah's 1000-year reign over earth ?

Oh great another 1000 years with all those christians in power. What could possibly go wrong?

No i dont need to be saved. Its called life. Sometimes its nice and sometimes it isnt. Deal with it.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Don't you want to be 'saved, delivered, rescued' through the coming 'great tribulation' into Messiah's 1000-year reign over earth ?

What coming tribulation? You mean the one Christians have been predicting for centuries and keep predicting and getting wrong like May 21, 2011?

What about the many failed predictions of the Watchtower Society?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Revelation [ 7 v 14,16,17 ] mentions coming out of a great tribulation on earth.
To come out would mean to be saved, delivered or rescued through that tribulation into the start of Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.

We are nearing the time of 1st Thess. [5 vs 2,3] when they [the powers that be] will be saying 'Peace and Safety' or 'Peace and Security' before the start of that great tribulation.

As mentioned above, you guys have been claiming this stuff for 2 millennia. Not a good track record...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Does one really believe that they are in a saved position because a mortal tells you so? Isnt God the one who writes the names in the book of life? Is mortal man elevating themselves into Gods position by telling another that they are saved?

I believe no one has a real answer for that. Some people like to believe they do by being in the "right" religion.

I suspect if there is anything to this salvation thing, that God will set the circumstances to gather up everyone intended regardless of what they think.

So I think believe whatever seems right to you because I don't think it makes a difference. Why believe in something that doesn't seem right to you? Probably just a waste of time.

kjw47

I believe no one has a real answer for that. Some people like to believe they do by being in the "right" religion.

I suspect if there is anything to this salvation thing, that God will set the circumstances to gather up everyone intended regardless of what they think.

So I think believe whatever seems right to you because I don't think it makes a difference. Why believe in something that doesn't seem right to you? Probably just a waste of time.

Yes God has allready set the way to salvation up. Its in his written word. It does make a difference.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yes God has allready set the way to salvation up. Its in his written word. It does make a difference.

I don't think so. I think Christians ended up convincing themselves they got a get out of jail free card. Like God has to listen to what some particular religion says because they said it.

It may already be set up I just don't think you can do anything to get yourself picked. Alter your destiny. Do you think anyone claiming to be a Christian is going to heaven.

"Hey, I'm a Christian"... "Alright, your in". "Do you have faith in Jesus?"... "Sure, why not if it'll get me into heaven".

You think that is the way it works?

The plan is what? What action do you need to take to make God allow you into heaven?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Nope.

I can say with confidence that I am not save in the Christian sense. In fact, some Christians will tell you that I'm damned to hell for leaving that religion.

Damned for sure but not guaranteed hell since the judgement has not come yet.

Muffled

Jesus in me
How can you claim to know this, when Jesus himself said that no one, not even himself nor the angels in Heaven, but only the Father knows the time, and it shall come unexpectedly like a thief in the night? I may be wrong, but I believe he even warned against looking for signs of it.

That seems counter intuitive since Jesus gave us signs.

kjw47

I don't think so. I think Christians ended up convincing themselves they got a get out of jail free card. Like God has to listen to what some particular religion says because they said it.

It may already be set up I just don't think you can do anything to get yourself picked. Alter your destiny. Do you think anyone claiming to be a Christian is going to heaven.

"Hey, I'm a Christian"... "Alright, your in". "Do you have faith in Jesus?"... "Sure, why not if it'll get me into heaven".

You think that is the way it works?

The plan is what? What action do you need to take to make God allow you into heaven?

The religions that teach by just believing or calling on Jesus name is refuted by Jesus himself at Matt 7:21-23

These are told they are christian, they obviously believe very strongly and will be calling on Jesus name-- i would say everyone of them were told they were saved as well. But their jaws will drop when they hear Jesus tell them that he never even knew them. Why will this occur? Because the teachers reside in darkness,they neither know God or his son. There is a test to see if one is in the light or in the darkness-- 1 cor 1:10-- this proves that the one single religion that Jesus started is unified in love and peace worldwide--one with God and his son.
There is no destiny involved, it requires many aspects on the mortals part to truly be a follower of Jesus.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

Please put in mind rule 8 while posting:

8. Proselytizing
The forums were set up for the purpose of sharing and understanding other religions and faiths, by discussion and debate. It is not to be used for converting others to your own faith. Or to place links or copy material from elsewhere, intended for this purpose. Such posts will be edited or removed and subject to moderation.

*More about Rule 8; There are ways to deliver a message without proselytizing. Often, simply adding something like, "I believe..." or "My religion teaches..." to a statement removes the proselytizing element. Sometimes the difference is specifically stating it as a belief rather than asserting it as objective fact. Calls to religious action are also considered proselytizing.*

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think the fall of Jerusalem was only one reason, but that was decades after Christ's crucifixion. I believe there were MANY other Old Testament prophesies that Jesus left unfulfilled.

What is unfulfilled by Luke 19 vs 43,44 and Luke 21 vs 20,21 ?____________
Wasn't Jerusalem destroyed in the year 70 by the Roman armies ?

Isn't there both a minor and a MAJOR fulfillment of Matthew 24 and Luke 21 ?