• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Are you scientifically literate? Take our quiz"

Skwim

Veteran Member
OK, I will admit to being the slow kid in class. I got 58%, most of which had nothing to do with science and everything to do with the being able to parse the definitions of science-y words. But in my defense, I didn't cheat, despite the fact that it is an internet test and all the answers are on the internet.
Well, I figure that anyone who did better than I must have cheated. :cool:

Levite

Higher and Higher
45/50 (90%). But I freely admit there were four questions that I guessed on, and happened to guess correctly. Damn test was a head-scratcher, though.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Quiz results

Correct
Wrong
You answered 34 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 68%.

silvermoon383

44 correct, 6 incorrect for 88%. Could've done better if they didn't have the non-physics questions, though I did get 2 of the physics ones wrong (couldn't remember how many zeros a nano- has, and another was worded in a way that there're 2 possible answers.)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Man, I am stupid! I've always known that I sucked at science, but this was humuliating.

(21)
I've got to find a similar test on English grammar.

Inthedark

That was tough! Its been a while since school.

29/50 for 58%.

Luckily my vocation does lie in the field of any of the sciences.

:facepalm:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
LOL I scored 52%!

Obviously I'm secure about my intellectual abilities and skills or I wouldn't have been comfortable posting my score here. I'm no scientist and never was all that interested in science, and I haven't been to school (other than earning professional certifications) since 1982.

I was always a B or C student in my science classes and that was fine by me since I had no desire or plan to have any sort of career in science and was never big into GPA for the sake of GPA, if you know what I mean. I've just never been very motivated to bust my butt trying to learn something that has few applications in my life.

Wait - I take that back. I am a huge history buff. But then - that's really the study of human nature, and human nature impacts my life every living, breathing moment.

The only reason I even got 52% of this test right is because I've studied a bit of Latin!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
LOL I scored 52%!

Obviously I'm secure about my intellectual abilities and skills or I wouldn't have been comfortable posting my score here. I'm no scientist and never was all that interested in science, and I haven't been to school (other than earning professional certifications) since 1982.

I was always a B or C student in my science classes and that was fine by me since I had no desire or plan to have any sort of career in science and was never big into GPA for the sake of GPA, if you know what I mean. I've just never been very motivated to bust my butt trying to learn something that has few applications in my life.

Wait - I take that back. I am a huge history buff. But then - that's really the study of human nature, and human nature impacts my life every living, breathing moment.

The only reason I even got 52% of this test right is because I've studied a bit of Latin!
Feel no shame!
At the outset, I figgered that 50% or better showed pretty good familiarity with science.
I speculate that the average voter would be far below that level.
Let's not forget that 95% of people are below average.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
LOL I scored 52%!

FYI - I've posted a different quiz that's more in your area of expertise... though beneath your level of knowledge. You'd better get 100% on this one. ;)

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-debates/127494-financial-knowledge-quiz.html

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
42 of 50.

Who in the world knew the "Thunder Lizard" one?

I was umm...10 years old back then. I have no idea.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
In the middle of taking it right now. Just found it hilarious that one of the answers for the age of the Earth was 6015 years. Bet that one slips up a lot of people.