• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you superstitious?

Are you superstitious?

• Total voters

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Yes. Unfortunately. Though within some reason: I know they're not true, I just don't like to do them. Does that count?

Even though I know it doesn't affect anything. I have OCD so it's easy for me to have magical thinking in places like this. I've invented some of my own superstitions, as well:
  • not naming characters after myself or loved ones in games (e.g., The Sims) is one of them.
  • not having divination readings of myself or loved ones told to us
These are two. The reason being not because I believe it will affect us directly, but that knowing the readings of the latter may influence us on a subconscious level, for example. The former, well, I don't want to watch someone with a name I know die from making an omelette. Unless I don't like that person, in which case, screw them.

Another one is I feel unlucky if I shave on the day of an important meeting, so I prefer not to. I did this a few times and the meetings were a complete **** up. I know this has absolutely zero effect on it, but I still can't shake that feeling.

Unlike, say, one person I know who won't drive the same way to and from a destination because it brings bad luck and he's adamant about this, and other things similar. (He's an atheist. I've met a lot of atheists who're superstitious and I've never understood it.)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
All big houses and/or long hallways are haunted.
Jinxing is real.
Certain Gods and Elves really love to screw with me and my life.

So... pretty much, yeah. Granted, these are more what I experience than believe, but experiences can easily override beliefs, and my emotions, when strong, easily overpower my intellect.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I broke my rotator cuff roller skating tothe tune of "living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi . Now whenthe song comes on the radio while I am driving I am extra careful as though bad things accompany the song.

Gambit

Unlike, say, one person I know who won't drive the same way to and from a destination because it brings bad luck and he's adamant about this, and other things similar. (He's an atheist. I've met a lot of atheists who're superstitious and I've never understood it.)

That's interesting.