• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you with UN "global" law prohibition the provocation "mock/insult/lie", about all religions ?

are you with UN "global" law prohibition the "mock/insult/lie" about all religio

• Total voters

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
The thing is, supporting this legislation is an attempt to force your moral sensibilties on us.

If it's not right for Western countries to force you to abandon your moral stance on homosexuality, why is it ok for Islamic (or any other faith) nations to force us to abandon the moral principle of freedom of conscience? (Speech being a mere expression of a free conscience.)
homosex is forbiden in Islam, that why it's not allowed .

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's fascinating that after 20 pages you've failed to grasp the very simple concept that people differentiate between their religious teachings/personal opinions/preferences/beliefs and so forth, and between what should and should not be legal.

What's more fascinating is the implication you're making by not being surprised that non-religious people are against the law, putting in mind why you think people in general should be supporting the law.

for religious , for my understand whom vote against the law , which mean they could lie about their religion or other religion?

let's suppose that there is a law against killing the innocent , i will suprise that i will find some one with "killing the innocents "

for me ,it's moral and honor and way of living , issue more than it's just a LAW

You're surprised that religious people are against the law, since, for example, lying or insulting others is wrong according to most religions, and as such, religious people should be against those things, including wanting to make such things illegal (thus failing to understand a very simple concept).

Then of course, you're not surprised that non-religious folks are against the law, since, they have no religion to start with. So, it's normal that they're okay with lying, insulting others etc..

yes i suprised :) , i don't have very good info about religions teaching , but if a religion allow to lie and mock , that's will be very intersting .,that's why i asked why the religious vote against the provocation/lie

i repect the atheist point of view , but they don't have religion teaching , they had human backround .

did you get why i separate between the two poll options ?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
for religious , for my understand whom vote against the law , which mean they could lie about their religion or other religion?

let's suppose that there is a law against killing the innocent , i will suprise that i will find some one with "killing the innocents "

for me ,it's moral and honor and way of living , issue more than it's just a LAW

yes i suprised :) , i don't have very good info about religions teaching , but if a religion allow to lie and mock , that's will be very intersting .,that's why i asked why the religious vote against the provocation/lie

i repect the atheist point of view , but they don't have religion teaching , they had human backround .

did you get why i separate between the two poll options ?

A Human background seems so much more attractive than what you present so far.

Photonic

Ad astra!
he is my friend , i will not angry for him if he get angry about my opinion .
i am not shocked about the result of the poll , i expect that in the two last poll options many atheist against the law , and ZERO atheist with the law , but what i did not expect is the religious people whom vote with provocation !!!!!

Well, the one vote from an atheist FOR the law was on accident. Oh well.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Coll. I honestly didn't think you could do that.

See, otokage (again, I love your name)? I should not randomly push buttons!

Me Myself

Back to my username
I said I am "religious" cause it´s the closes to what I am I think.

In any case, for those that want the law approved I can only say them they should make their religions so to not be offensive.

Striking out insults to nonbelievers on your holy scriptures as a very bare minimal.

If you cannot do this, you are supporting inequality and injustice

Me Myself

Back to my username
If this law is approved, then we should make "secularism" into a inclusive religion, so when we want to take out books mocking other religions we would be as protected as the religions are when they have their books gravely insult those who do not follow them. And "insult" here is a very mild connotation of what they actually do.

All of these is incredibly ridiculous. This would make religions to have the privilege to say we all should go to hell if we are not with them, but we gotta respect them or we are being illegal.

Eff that view.