• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you with UN "global" law prohibition the provocation "mock/insult/lie", about all religions ?

are you with UN "global" law prohibition the "mock/insult/lie" about all religio

• Total voters

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm pretty sure that the answer to "Who should be in charge of deciding?"...

... is "Someone who thinks exactly like I do about everything. In other words, an Imam from my sect of Islam, preferably my own Imam."

Just my best guess about why we can't get an answer.
My top three suggestions, in no particular order:

1. Richard Dawkins
  2. Fred Phelps
  3. Peter H Gilmore

AmbiguousGuy

My top three suggestions, in no particular order:

1. Richard Dawkins
  2. Fred Phelps
  3. Peter H Gilmore

Madalyn Murray O'Hair... back when she was alive and in fighting trim.

I'm guessing she might have not only judged this film as non-offensive but probably would have negotiated for a worldwide distribution deal.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
What does "soft beat" mean, as you understand it?

Besides, I don't think all Muslims agree on only one interpretation of the Qur'an. There are many scholars and a diversity of opinion inside Islam. It's not as black-&-white as you make it seem to be.

And I don't see what the "West" has to do with this. It seems to me that you keep bringing it up instead of presenting coherent arguments for your position. What you appear to be doing here — assuming that what you say about "the women in the west" is true, and I think it is more of an over-generalization — is merely presenting a tu quoque argument in order to justify your position. Even if what you are claiming about "the western women" is true (and again, I don't think it is), two wrongs don't make a right anyway.

we are talking about soft beat hadiths and Verse too much enough , and we are agree with it .

i agree with about women in the west ,you two wrongs don't make right :)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
we are talking about soft beat hadiths and Verse too much enough , and we are agree with it .

i agree with about women in the west ,you two wrongs don't make right :)
I'm pretty sure DS doesn't agree with you that it's ok to beat your wife, "softly" or otherwise.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I don't need to ask him again, as he's made his opinion quite clear.
i considerate this avoid to ask him, :p
i have big story with him about this story,i know he had confuse opinion in that time.
if he change his opinion that other problem .

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
i have big story with him about this story,i know he had confuse opinion in that time.
I don't recall any confusion on his part. Yours, perhaps. Why don't YOU ask him if he agrees, rather than simply telling him he does?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I don't recall any confusion on his part. Yours, perhaps. Why don't YOU ask him if he agrees, rather than simply telling him he does?

why i ask him if i know his opinion , if he change it as i told you that other issue .

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
why i ask him if i know his opinion , if he change it as i told you that other issue .
because he didn't change it, you're just lying about him. Isn't this whole thread about how you think it should be illegal to lie about people?

Kerr

we are talking about beating-wife , and we agree that it's soft beat , i don't know if the western people beat their wife more than muslims , but i am sure their is humilation against the women in the west (for my opinion )

i see that the women in the west are just used their "body" like trade in publication and movies. more then mind .
There is a problem with the law that you might not see. Many people consider something you consider normal, in this case soft-beating, to be extremely immoral and offensive. If this law would pass then by that law, soft-beating is punishable. I would absolutely support using the law to ban it on a global level, if that would be possible.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

No, I don't agree with wife-beating, actually. I don't think the main issue is how physically harming (or lack thereof) it may be; the main issue is how degrading and insulting beating would be to a woman. I do not agree with that, and I think I've made that very clear every time the issue was brought up.

Unless you think that I used to accept wife-beating for whatever reason, then no, nothing has really changed about my opinion. I still find it every bit as repellent as I have in the past.

I believe we might be diverting off topic here, though. Getting back to the main point: Do you think you should be banned from expressing your views just because many people disagree with them and find them provocative?

Rakhel

I believe we might be diverting off topic here, though. Getting back to the main point: Do you think you should be banned from expressing your views just because many people disagree with them and find them provocative?
Actually, I think it proved a provided an excellent example for the OP.

Godobeyer lied about your position on wife-beating. You have just stated as much.

So now the question of the OP comes in to play.

Should Godobeyer be banned for lying, and thereby insulting you about your beliefs?

Me Myself

Back to my username
we are talking about beating-wife , and we agree that it's soft beat , i don't know if the western people beat their wife more than muslims , but i am sure their is humilation against the women in the west (for my opinion )

i see that the women in the west are just used their "body" like trade in publication and movies. more then mind .

I still felt the view as very offensive.

So we should have the right to ban it, right? I don´t mean just in a forum, but you shouldn´t even be able to express your thoughts about it in any internationally viewed media because it´s offensive, right?

gnostic

The Lost One
There are gulf of differences between that of what people think, say or write, and that of people who commit acts of destruction, violence or murders.

I don't understand why you the former is the same or worse than the later, Godobeyer.

Though, you may not like what other may think, say or write, but you may disagree with them, but violences and murders are the ones that should be banned.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
No, I don't agree with wife-beating, actually. I don't think the main issue is how physically harming (or lack thereof) it may be; the main issue is how degrading and insulting beating would be to a woman. I do not agree with that, and I think I've made that very clear every time the issue was brought up.
i know that you don't agree with wife-beating for any reason , but i am indeed with soft beating wife ,for the reason what the verse of Quran and Hadith said .

Unless you think that I used to accept wife-beating for whatever reason, then no, nothing has really changed about my opinion. I still find it every bit as repellent as I have in the past.
indeed you correct , it's not whatever reaon use to wif-ebeat .

edited
no , we have different opinion , and i said i respect all the opinion .

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Actually, I think it proved a provided an excellent example for the OP.

Godobeyer lied about your position on wife-beating. You have just stated as much.

So now the question of the OP comes in to play.

Should Godobeyer be banned for lying, and thereby insulting you about your beliefs?

i don't lie about him , he don't agree to use the verse to abuse the women , and i agree with him about that ,if he said so , that other problem .