• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you with UN "global" law prohibition the provocation "mock/insult/lie", about all religions ?

are you with UN "global" law prohibition the "mock/insult/lie" about all religio

• Total voters

jazzymom

Just Jewish
wife beating or husband beating, i guess it's very sensitive matter , there is many opinions ,

please just skipp this issuee because we are discuss it too much enough in other thread

Yes the beating of women is discussed to much...... :facepalm::no: But if you want to be taken seriously about the UN putting in place a law so you and every other Muslim won't be insulted then you need to also respect and work towards ending physical abuse of all women.

Putting your hands on another person with the intent of causing harm is assault and it is against the law in much of the world because most of the world understands assault.

It does not matter if it is hard or soft. It is assault.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Yes the beating of women is discussed to much...... :facepalm::no: But if you want to be taken seriously about the UN putting in place a law so you and every other Muslim won't be insulted then you need to also respect and work towards ending physical abuse of all women.

Putting your hands on another person with the intent of causing harm is assault and it is against the law in much of the world because most of the world understands assault.

It does not matter if it is hard or soft. It is assault.
i am with ban abuse the women in first place Islamic world (where i living)
second of all i don't considerate the verse of Quran or Hadith as abuse to women .
i believe it's just mariage solution for such problem .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I sincerely hope that you realize how potentially damaging the implications of your above statement are.

I don't think ''mocking, insults, or lying'' are much worse than what you said there, to be honest.
i considerate this as unresponsible accusation .
if you want me to be honest with you , i will be , but i need your green light , and let's the people here judge .(without avoidence or nervese )

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Why are you evading the question?
i don't evading , and i acussed by lying here and that's too much and i would not accept that , i have the right to defend for my self ,i just need the green light to cover the double stand here .
in that time you will judge .

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
second of all i don't considerate the verse of Quran or Hadith as abuse to women .
So you choose to ignore the UN thingy because your Holy Book says it is ok?
Then why should anyone else even consider a UN thingy?

F0uad

Well if the people want a President who is not corrupt and lies then they should impose a law in there country where you are forbidden to publicly lie. I am for openly insulting but the people should realize that you can get consequences by doing so.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Well if the people want a President who is not corrupt and lies then they should impose a law in there country where you are forbidden to publicly lie. I am for openly insulting but the people should realize that you can get consequences by doing so.
And exactly how would that be enforced? How do you prove beyond reasonable doubt that a person is lying and not misinformed when they say something like "trickle down economics works?"

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

What you consider is incredibly offensive to women. A LOT of women.

Should the U.N. prohibit your views?

*this is the fourth time I've asked this*

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

How is striking a person ever a "solution" for anything (except for instances of self-defense)?

Hitting your spouse is abuse, period. It's very shameful and far, far worse than silly cartoons of Mohammad. No real man hits a woman.

I find your Koran and hadiths to be highly offensive. Therefore by your logic they should be banned, right? If not, why should an exception be made?

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Godobeyer, again:

Why is it okay for Godobeyer to lie about the beliefs and positions of someone else but not okay for someone else to do the same? In fact, he wants others to be prosecuted for such acts that he, himself, seems to be doing right now.

Do you see yet Godobeyer how "misunderstanding" and "miscommunication" can attribute towards those "lies" and "provocation" that you so want too talk about? Here you want a law to make illegal what you, yourself, are guilty of. And why are you guilty of it? Because you simply do not understand what it is that DS truly believes. You ASSUME you know and so you speak for him and presume you understand him when you don't. You therefore insult him with your lies about his stance and his beliefs. How is what you are doing any better than what it is you are railing against? Let me clue you in...it isn't.

The difference is here, no one is calling for your arrest, your banning, or trying to physically harm you either. Wrap your mind around that for a second.

Stop, think, address.

jazzymom

Just Jewish

Hitting, beating, laying a hand on a woman in a manner that intends to punish, correct is abusive.

The UN bans abuse of women. The UN wants to abolish all abuse of women even soft beating which is abuse towards women.

So if your Qur'an or hadith say abuse of women is ok then your books are not worthy any respect. Until those Muslims who view that it is ok to beat women can respect the rights of others and especially women they do not have the right to ask the UN to respect their rights not to be provoked.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In the geographic areas where people in this thread are generally responding from, any type of hitting a spouse against their will is considered abuse. One spouse hitting another spouse as some sort of 'solution' for anything implies superiority of one spouse over the other. There's no distinction, in other words, between abuse of women and hitting a woman, because in most of these countries, hitting a woman is 100% abuse.

So from the perspectives of many people, what they see in this thread is a guy on the internet defending the abuse of women, repeatedly. So things like UN articles against abuse of women would apply.

I find your views offensive and your culture's texts offensive but I have no desire to bar the free speech of it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Your interpretation of certain verses leads you to believe that wife-beating is okay, correct?

If that's so, and you are "with banning abuse of women," then is it incorrect to assume that you don't view wife-beating as abuse? Because many would argue that such stance is indeed offensive and insulting to both men and women. Do you think you should be banned from expressing your support for said stance because of that?

i considerate this as unresponsible accusation .
if you want me to be honest with you , i will be , but i need your green light , and let's the people here judge .(without avoidence or nervese )

I didn't accuse you of anything. I really believe that post has potentially severely damaging implications, and I was hoping you were aware of that when you made it.

What do you need my "green light" for?

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Your interpretation of certain verses leads you to believe that wife-beating is okay, correct?

He seems to do a lot of double-talking here on this point. He won't view what he finds acceptable as "wife-beating", he labels it differently as "soft-beating" and "marital correction" so as to justify it in his mind as something completely different and therefore not abusive. That way he can think himself as not guilty of an abusive mindset.

I had an ex-husband like that. He had a clear idea of what was abuse in his head, which was beating with fists like he would another man. To him, as long as he wasn't doing that then he wasn't abusing me. It left a lot open, which included slapping, throwing, grabbing, strangling, and threatening with weapons.

Roping something off in one's mind as "this is what is abuse and only this" and locking other things out to excuse yourself those things is highly dangerous and setting oneself up as a dangerous person. This is something Godobeyer, and obviously others, must learn.

This is beside the point of the thread though. I'd really love him to address my former post.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
What "problem" would that be?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
What you consider is incredibly offensive to women. A LOT of women.

Should the U.N. prohibit your views?

*this is the fourth time I've asked this*
I believe in every religion had laws looks like extrem for other people , if we ban a law islamic religion that mean we could ban islam too ,in this case all religions will be ban .

Godobeyer

Premium Member

If that's so, and you are "with banning abuse of women," then is it incorrect to assume that you don't view wife-beating as abuse? Because many would argue that such stance is indeed offensive and insulting to both men and women. Do you think you should be banned from expressing your support for said stance because of that?

I didn't accuse you of anything. I really believe that post has potentially severely damaging implications, and I was hoping you were aware of that when you made it.

What do you need my "green light" for?
i hate to repeat my opinion , i am with what verse and hadith said about beating-wife, not using the verse to abuse the women ,ok ?

the green light ;is show some of our dialogues in PM , to proof that i am not lying .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
He seems to do a lot of double-talking here on this point. He won't view what he finds acceptable as "wife-beating", he labels it differently as "soft-beating" and "marital correction" so as to justify it in his mind as something completely different and therefore not abusive. That way he can think himself as not guilty of an abusive mindset.

I had an ex-husband like that. He had a clear idea of what was abuse in his head, which was beating with fists like he would another man. To him, as long as he wasn't doing that then he wasn't abusing me. It left a lot open, which included slapping, throwing, grabbing, strangling, and threatening with weapons.

Roping something off in one's mind as "this is what is abuse and only this" and locking other things out to excuse yourself those things is highly dangerous and setting oneself up as a dangerous person. This is something Godobeyer, and obviously others, must learn.

This is beside the point of the thread though. I'd really love him to address my former post.

i am not double talk ,if i said something in PM or thread ,i will not shy to show the people about it , i don't have anything to hide in my PM, and i don't have double stand,my opinion in PM is NOT different than what i post in threads.

yes i admit that i got angry sometimes(over reaction) from some people , and i had the courage to said "i am sorry".

Last edited: