• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you with UN "global" law prohibition the provocation "mock/insult/lie", about all religions ?

are you with UN "global" law prohibition the "mock/insult/lie" about all religio

• Total voters

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
i don't lie about him , he don't agree to use the verse to abuse the women , and i agree with him about that ,if he said so , that other problem .
He said clearly (again) that he doesn't agree with your stance on beating 'softly,' either, and that he considers that abuse. Why do you continue to lie about his position?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
He said clearly (again) that he doesn't agree with your stance on beating 'softly,' either, and that he considers that abuse. Why do you continue to lie about his position?

you speak instead of him ?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
i know that you don't agree with wife-beating for any reason , but i am indeed with soft beating wife ,for the reason what the verse of Quran and Hadith said .
Are you okay with the idea of a woman softly beating her husband?

If I have a husband and he doesn't act accordingly, can I hit him a little bit to put him in his place?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Are you okay with the idea of a woman softly beating her husband?

If I have a husband and he doesn't act accordingly, can I hit him a little bit to put him in his place?
wife beating or husband beating, i guess it's very sensitive matter , there is many opinions ,

please just skipp this issuee because we are discuss it too much enough in other thread

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
wife beating or husband beating, i guess it's very sensitive matter , there is many opinions ,

please just skipp this issuee because we are discuss it too much enough in other thread
We're not going to skip it because you find its relevance inconvenient.

You frequently offend people here, yet you say it should be illegal to offend you. This is hypocrisy on its face.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

It is highly relevant to this thread because the teaching you subscribe to about wife beating is incredibly insulting and offensive to women (and as pointed out earlier, incredibly insulting to men, too).

Should the U.N. prohibit those teachings you ascribe to because they ARE so offensive and insulting?

This is the third time I've asked this without any answer from you one way or another. I respectfully request you consider my question carefully given what you are proposing about offending religions or provocations against whole groups of people.

Well?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
i know that you don't agree with wife-beating for any reason , but i am indeed with soft beating wife ,for the reason what the verse of Quran and Hadith said .

I sincerely hope that you realize how potentially damaging the implications of your above statement are.

I don't think ''mocking, insults, or lying'' are much worse than what you said there, to be honest.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I sincerely hope that you realize how potentially damaging the implications of your above statement are.

I don't think ''mocking, insults, or lying'' are much worse than whay you said there, honestly.

And it's a gross misrepresentation of your position. It seems Godobeyer thinks that "abusing" the wife is what you and he agree on. What doesn't seem apparent to him is that wife-beating IS abusive. *sigh*

Draka

Wonder Woman
Why is it okay for Godobeyer to lie about the beliefs and positions of someone else but not okay for someone else to do the same? In fact, he wants others to be prosecuted for such acts that he, himself, seems to be doing right now.

Do you see yet Godobeyer how "misunderstanding" and "miscommunication" can attribute towards those "lies" and "provocation" that you so want too talk about? Here you want a law to make illegal what you, yourself, are guilty of. And why are you guilty of it? Because you simply do not understand what it is that DS truly believes. You ASSUME you know and so you speak for him and presume you understand him when you don't. You therefore insult him with your lies about his stance and his beliefs. How is what you are doing any better than what it is you are railing against? Let me clue you in...it isn't.

The difference is here, no one is calling for your arrest, your banning, or trying to physically harm you either. Wrap your mind around that for a second.

jazzymom

Just Jewish

I find your belief that beating a woman even softly to be repulsive and offensive. More offensive then the Muhammad cartoons or the trailer of a movie that insulted Muhammad.

To denigrate, and humiliate a human being which is what happens. To say it is ok to hurt another because they happen to be female or a wife.

A/RES/48/104. Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women
48/104. Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women

So your soft beating of a women goes against the declaration of the UN.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I find your belief that beating a woman even softly to be repulsive and offensive. More offensive then the Muhammad cartoons or the trailer of a movie that insulted Muhammad.

To denigrate, and humiliate a human being which is what happens. To say it is ok to hurt another because they happen to be female or a wife.

... and therefore should be banned. Honestly, can anyone give me any acceptable reason for beating one's wife, softly or otherwise?

McBell

Admiral Obvious

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

There is a UN thingy, like what Godobeyer wants to protect his feelings, that is against beating your wife, yet Godobeyer beats his wife regardless of the UN thingy?

I seem to be a bit confused here....

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Well...ummm....well...ST Andrew's Cross:run:

This has to be the most convincing pro-wife-beating argument I've ever seen. You might have just changed my stance. :cool:

(Wait... unless it also involves husband-beating, then I'm still not buying it. Please tell me that it does. :drool: :p)

jazzymom

Just Jewish
... and therefore should be banned. Honestly, can anyone give me any acceptable reason for beating one's wife, softly or otherwise?

Yes! It should be banned!!

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

There is a UN thingy, like what Godobeyer wants to protect his feelings, that is against beating your wife, yet Godobeyer beats his wife regardless of the UN thingy?

I seem to be a bit confused here....

Yes sireeeeeee there is such a resolution......

I look forward to his response........ :D

idav

Being
Premium Member

Please slap some sense into any husband that doesn't realize his proper place wearing the pants and hogging the remote! Amirite?:)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Please slap some sense into any husband that doesn't realize his proper place wearing the pants and hogging the remote! Amirite?:)

Those remotes...grrrrrr! Don't.Get.Me.Started.

:slap:

Rakhel

This has to be the most convincing pro-wife-beating argument I've ever seen. You might have just changed my stance. :cool:

(Wait... unless it also involves husband-beating, then I'm still not buying it. Please tell me that it does. :drool: :p)

What? You want me to lie and invoke to power of the UN to silence me for said lie?
Why the nerve!!:flirt::cool: