• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
What's that?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
And one that many of us objected to as being too tied to Christianity and requiring the one using it to know the religion or lack thereof of the recipient.
And one that all of me pointed out that this wasn't necessarily the case.

Anyway, it's a moot point. The "noes" won the day.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
And one that many of us objected to as being too tied to Christianity and requiring the one using it to know the religion or lack thereof of the recipient.
Which is exactly why I suggested a Monty Burns style "steepled fingers" rating as a compromise.

1722903308381.png

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Is the "optimistic" sunflower used as a "caring" frugal? Or the "friendly" heart more of a "I feel ya" tag? That's pretty much the only confirmation tag I would use regularly but am unsure of a choice from the current options.

What's RF tradition, for "I care", "I hear ya", "I understand"?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Is the "optimistic" sunflower used as a "caring" frugal? Or the "friendly" heart more of a "I feel ya" tag? That's pretty much the only confirmation tag I would use regularly but am unsure of a choice from the current options.

I think all the ratings are open to interpretation to some extent.

What's RF tradition, for "I care", "I hear ya", "I understand"
I think a lot of it is just a matter of personal choice. If I want to convey "I care" and/or "I understand" I'll most likely use the heart rating.

For "I hear ya" I might use the heart, the trophy, or the thumbs up depending on the context.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member

I usually use the heart (friendly) rating for "I care" or "I hear ya." The sunflower (optimistic) rating I use to say "I hope that works out for you" or "I hope things go your way."

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Anything requiring technical tweaking is pretty much out of our grasp now.

I just use color inversion on my devices.

Pretty much the same thing.
Not sure what color inversion is. But my phone is set to a dark mode. It just doesn't do websites. Only the interface itself. Even setting the browsers dark mode on doesn't change it. Grrrrr lol.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure what color inversion is. But my phone is set to a dark mode. It just doesn't do websites. Only the interface itself. Even setting the browsers dark mode on doesn't change it. Grrrrr lol.
I'll see if I can take a few screenshots of my tablet set to that mode and how to get there through the settings.

It's actually the device settings rather than the browsers.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I'll see if I can take a few screenshots of my tablet set to that mode and how to get there through the settings.

It's actually the device settings rather than the browsers.
Found it!

Edit: turns out is under the accessibility settings on my device, and I even have a hot key on the screen now for a toggle.