• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism is a faith

Do you think Atheism counts as a faith

• yes

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • no

Votes: 74 75.5%

• Total voters
The mind provides context for existence. All existence; even the existence imagined to be "to everyone else".

I understand the way in which "imagined" means "not real", but on the other hand, it's really imagined (that's its proper context).

What I'm saying is that if you're in a mental institution because you believe beyond any doubt that there is an alien invasion that involved the whole planet, that doesn't make that said alien invasion real.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Wrong. There's no supporting evidence for God's existence. If it has yet to be truly proven beyond faith, then it doesn't exist on the level we're talking about (until proven.) The only thing you can have is an Atheist who says there isn't a god, but there's always that minute possibility that they give to everything else as well, or the Atheist who says there's no possible way for there to be a God. So, a negative belief is the same as disbelief in this context. You're arguing from agnosticism, which would say "hey, it's possible!" But with out definitive proof it's still in the realm of non-existence. Things generally don't exist until proven beyond faith, as goes scientific reasoning.
Rubbish. Atoms existed long before we proved it.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
What I'm saying is that if you're in a mental institution because you believe beyond any doubt that there is an alien invasion that involved the whole planet, that doesn't make that said alien invasion real.
What I'm saying is, I'm not in a mental institute and trying to discuss a philosophy. :)

And what? Atheists would become deists, and the world would go on. The probability of other things existing would go up quite a lot, as well.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I'm fascinated to know how credibility in vampires might increase due to atheists becoming deists, but I really should get to bed. :)

I'm fascinated to know how credibility in vampires might increase due to atheists becoming deists, but I really should get to bed. :)

If a being as powerful as God were to be truly proven, then it's not such a stretch to believe that other very talked about, less powerful beings could also exist.