• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism is not a default position

jonathan180iq

Who wants to go to heaven and spend eternity with a being capable of genocide and drowning a whole planet including most of the animals because he didn't like how people behaved?
People that he created, mind you. He killed them because he made a flawed system.
It was logically their fault, though...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Who wants to go to heaven and spend eternity with a being capable of genocide and drowning a whole planet including most of the animals because he didn't like how people behaved?

Hmmm.... give me a moment.....
Eternity in heaven with Someone Great (enough) to guard my peace and of those around me.....
Or the chaos souls screaming for order and peace with no one able to do so.......
Or lay in The solitude of a grave and rot in the eternal darkness of death.....

or maybe you have one more idea....

jonathan180iq

No, cause and effect law, that's the reason.
Why does that not apply to Poseidon?

You have to be consistent Marco.
If you prove god's existence by using this "Cause and Effect" argument, then isn't Poseidon just as provable using the same law?

The waves crashing is the effect - Poseidon's anger is the cause.
The thunder booming is the effect - Thor's hammer is the cause.
The woman getting pregnant is the effect - Aphrodite's blessing is the cause.
The world's creation is the effect - God's boredom is the cause.\

So your God is just as real as Thor. (Should make for a better Avenger's movie...)

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Eternity in heaven with Someone Great (enough) to guard my peace and of those around me.....
Or the chaos souls screaming for order and peace with no one able to do so.......

This is just explaining why you find it more satisfying to believe in God. It doesn't provide even a sliver of reasoning to support the claim that God actually exists.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Not by choice.
Choice is pending.
Not believing in God is a choice.
No it isn't. We don't "choose" what we believe. We are either convinced of a proposition or we are currently unconvinced of a proposition. You cannot "choose" to find a proposition true. We are born not finding the proposition "God exists" to be true. Ergo, we are born atheists.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
And you can't get no.....satisfaction.....
I am extremely satisfied with my own beliefs. So much so that I don't point out any kind shortcomings of others based on solely on their failure to adhere to the same beliefs I do. Imho, that is the opposite of what God would want of me. But, again, that is just my belief.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I am extremely satisfied with my own beliefs. So much so that I don't point out any kind shortcomings of others based on solely on their failure to adhere to the same beliefs I do. Imho, that is the opposite of what God would want of me. But, again, that is just my belief.
similar to.....you don't know who you are....
and you insist the same upon me....

ArtieE

Reincarnation? I bet you will be surprised when you are dropped back here again when you expected to stay there forever... :)

leibowde84

Veteran Member
similar to.....you don't know who you are....
and you insist the same upon me....
As I told you before, you are simply ignorant of the difference between identiy and self-awareness. I already provided the meanings of both terms and pointed out the stark difference between them. I know my own identity, but no one's self awareness can be considered absolute truth. So, please stop making accusations about me that I have already pointed out are not accurate in the least.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As I told you before, you are simply ignorant of the difference between identiy and self-awareness. I already provided the meanings of both terms and pointed out the stark difference between them. I know my own identity, but no one's self awareness can be considered absolute truth. So, please stop making accusations about me that I have already pointed out are not accurate in the least.
Pressing an accusation of ignorance in my direction won't work.
IQ125

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Pressing an accusation of ignorance in my direction won't work.
IQ125
lol. Well, it doesn't make it easy to believe when you don't know what ignorance means. It merely means that you aren't familiar with something. Doesn't speak to intelligence, so your IQ is completely irrelevant.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Reincarnation? I bet you will be surprised when you are dropped back here again when you expected to stay there forever... :)
The human race is about to play out.
I've heard one science report the planet can support only 9billion people.

Just about there.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
lol. Well, it doesn't make it easy to believe when you don't know what ignorance means. It merely means that you aren't familiar with something. Doesn't speak to intelligence, so your IQ is completely irrelevant.
There are two levels of ignorance.....
You are not informed....you are ignorant.
You choose to ignore....you are profoundly ignorant.