• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Based on everything I read of yours for the past several years, it is the only reasonable conclusion. You know some trivial things and you have used that as a base to come up with "your" biology that doesn't appear to have any correlation with actual biology.

You do. You just make up your own and give it secret meaning.

You can believe whatever you like, but clearly you don't have evidence to support what you claim. It is pretty well-established in these threads. When asked for evidence or examples you just repeat the claim that you have provided millions and billions of example and millions and billions of pieces of evidence. It is, of course, invisible to all by you.

Not at all. You refuse to understand what a bottleneck is. You have commandeered the term, given it a new meaning that is really selection and fitness that your refuse to acknowledge, because your public campaign has been a futile denial of selection and fitness. It is all very amusing, but not interesting.

Except they were not tame wolves, the adapted to association with humans and the wild wolves were not killed, so wrong on both accounts on the facts.

Another example of how you claims of great knowledge from birth is a fiction. It isn't logical. It is inconsistent with the evidence. It is just something you dreamed up and decided was a fact.

Wrong. But calling it arose instead of evolve tells me a lot. I think you recognize and accept evolution, you just don't want to admit it and you want your ideas, erroneous as they are in may aspects, to be the dominant thinking. Given your success at selling your re-invented wheel/belief system, I am not worried that it will corrode the pursuit and acquisition of valid knowledge.

This is all you have left for others by going your way. Correct you when you pop up with your empty claims and science fan fiction and move on.
Man, what "friendly" discussions these are, huh?

YoursTrue

Like not being able to admit following someone around for a year and harrassing them and then acting like they never did. That would seem to be similar to hypocrisy wouldn't you say. And it still appears it is going on.

I pray for you.
Excuse me, but I'm not allowed to answer "some" people here? How unfriendly is that. Anyway yes, have a nice evening...take care -- no "passive aggressive" here -- just honesty. Bye for now, yes, take care.

YoursTrue

Like not being able to admit following someone around for a year and harrassing them and then acting like they never did. That would seem to be similar to hypocrisy wouldn't you say? And it still appears it is going on.

I pray for you.
"Let your kingdom come..." Jesus told his disciples to pray for.

YoursTrue

As friendly as the hounding you give me every time you cast a stone in my direction.
Perhaps you're not reading it properly. Do you want people to believe that you don't cast stones at anyone here? :) Maybe you think you don't? Or maybe it seems or doesn't seem like you do or don't. Why not just own up to yourself, sir?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Excuse me, but I'm not allowed to answer "some" people here? How unfriendly is that. Anyway yes, have a nice evening...take care -- no "passive aggressive" here -- just honesty. Bye for now, yes, take care.
Are you saying that people ask you to hound them with demands to answer irrelevant questions when you won't answer reasonable questions? You have a very one-sided consideration of others if you ask me. Not very inviting or friendly in my view.

YoursTrue

Are you saying that people ask you to hound them with demands to answer irrelevant questions when you won't answer reasonable questions? You have a very one-sided consideration of others if you ask me. Not very inviting or friendly in my view.
I think you know what I'm saying ... but if not, would you like me to go over the basic premise again?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps you're not reading it properly. Do you want people to believe that you don't cast stones at anyone here? :) Maybe you think you don't? Or maybe it seems or doesn't seem like you do or don't. Why not just own up to yourself, sir?
Never said I didn't. Unlike some, I recognize my own flaws rather than pretend that I'm not doing something I am.

But recognizing that a person is constantly repeating empty claims and mantras and calling it knowledge is not the same as someone trying to beat up another member, because they don't like how he practices his Christianity. I would say that you are obsessed with me and trying to beat me down. It is bizarre. Wouldn't your time be better spent learning and finding your own way? Acting like you claim?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I think you know what I'm saying ... but if not, would you like me to go over the basic premise again?
I'll be honest, and I don't think I'm alone in this, but your sentences are difficult to understand at times.

I've no real interest in talking with you. In my view, you just want to invite others down rabbit holes to keep a dead argument going. You are the one that follows me around remember.

YoursTrue

Never said I didn't. Unlike some, I recognize my own flaws rather than pretend that I'm not doing something I am.

But recognizing that a person is constantly repeating empty claims and mantras and calling it knowledge is not the same as someone trying to beat up another member, because they don't like how he practices his Christianity. I would say that you are obsessed with me and trying to beat me down. It is bizarre. Wouldn't your time be better spent learning and finding your own way? Acting like you claim?
You have that wrong. Since the topic is why or how atheists believe in miracles more than believers -- that kind of puts it in two categories, right? Atheists vs. believers in reference to miracles.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You have that wrong. Since the topic is why or how atheists believe in miracles more than believers -- that kind of puts it in two categories, right? Atheists vs. believers in reference to miracles.
The discussion has centered around science and that is what I'm interested in. There doesn't seem to be much interest in talking about miracles once the determination was made that it is largely believers that believe in them. Science isn't a miracle in the sense that it doesn't have an explanation.

If you want to talk about miracles, talk about them. I don't care if you do.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Good old fashioned Christian love.
I feel it down to my toes.
LOL, I understand, thanks.
I would say that you don't, given that you are here following me around.
Bye for now.
If it were only true. It might be, but then again, we might get five or six of these in a row.
Although there's always the future to look forward to -- :) Take care. But when you harass others and give snide snippy remarks I might say something. :)
I have no fear of the future. I'm not sure about others though.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for say that!! Sounds like seems like you're taking sides...what a friendly forum!!
I thought it was bye for now. That must not mean the same to you as it means to me.

You could help make it more friendly. But friendly doesn't mean believing what someone demands you should believe.

YoursTrue

The discussion has centered around science and that is what I'm interested in. There doesn't seem to be much interest in talking about miracles once the determination was made that it is largely believers that believe in them. Science isn't a miracle in the sense that it doesn't have an explanation.

If you want to talk about miracles, talk about them. I don't care if you do.
The topic is about miracles...believers vs atheists. But thanks for mentioning the above. Take care.