• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I feel it down to my toes.

I would say that you don't, given that you are here following me around.

If it were only true. It might be, but then again, we might get five or six of these in a row.

I have no fear of the future. I'm not sure about others though.
No pal I'm not following you around. I may comment to you or about your posts sometimes. And you're a "moderator." Wow so much for peer review. Perhaps you might stop replying to my posts....

YoursTrue

Based on the evil atheist method. I looked at the evidence.

I leave you to prepare your martyr post on how everyone picks on you and you're totally innocent.
No you have to make assertion with scientific views longer than a few sentences. Thanks!!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
No pal I'm not following you around. I may comment to you or about your posts sometimes. And you're a "moderator." Wow so much for peer review. Perhaps you might stop replying to my posts....
There are numerous threads over the last year that would indicate otherwise. Lots of snide comments and passive aggression that would indicate otherwise. Right now that indicates otherwise.

At least when you guys show up at the house, you'll leave when I close the door.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I leave you to prepare your martyr post on how everyone picks on you and you're totally innocent.
That's the funny part. Evidence is not an atheist creation. Yet, to hear it on here from some quarters, it would seem that atheists invented it.

Pogo

You have that wrong. Since the topic is why or how atheists believe in miracles more than believers -- that kind of puts it in two categories, right? Atheists vs. believers in reference to miracles.
Well there is a simple answer to that, we don't believe in miracles, and every time we try to explain to you how the thing is done, you just deny it and at the same time refuse to offer anything in return, If in your opinion all the fossils are poofed and have no relation to anything else, that is just a sad way of looking at an amazingly simple but beautiful process.

YoursTrue

There are numerous threads over the last year that would indicate otherwise. Lots of snide comments and passive aggression that would indicate otherwise. Right now that indicates otherwise.

At least when you guys show up at the house, you'll leave when I close the door.
Just think. I left attending church years ago before anyone spoke to me in a decent way about the Bible...but now I see...as one of my favorite songs go. Amazing grace.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

There exists a significant distinction between how different groups process and express information that is particularly difficult hurdle to understanding in discussions like this. But it isn't just that. It is a view of being right and everything else is wrong. I'm open to being wrong and learning, but there seems to be certain types of people that are not. I wish there was a way to bridge that gap, but it would require recognition of it and I'm afraid one-sided recognition of limitations is part of the problem.

YoursTrue

Well there is a simple answer to that, we don't believe in miracles, and every time we try to explain to you how the thing is done, you just deny it and at the same time refuse to offer anything in return, If in your opinion all the fossils are poofed and have no relation to anything else, that is just a sad way of looking at an amazingly simple but beautiful process.
Nope I don't deny what I perceive to be truth. Science offers what may be opinion and not verifiedabout conclusions . I don't deny fossil finds. They're there and of course scientists will try to categorize them. That does not mean I accept the theory of evolution as it stands.

YoursTrue

There exists a significant distinction between how different groups process and express information that is particularly difficult hurdle to understanding in discussions like this. But it isn't just that. It is a view of being right and everything else is wrong. I'm open to being wrong and learning, but there seems to be certain types of people that are not. I wish there was a way to bridge that gap, but it would require recognition of it and I'm afraid one-sided recognition of limitations is part of the problem.
I put like there because I like your attitude in that post.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Just think. I left attending church years ago before anyone spoke to me in a decent way about the Bible...but now I see...as one of my favorite songs go. Amazing grace.
OK. It has been one of my favorite songs since childhood. My father favored it played on the bagpipes. I'm glad you enjoy it.