• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

Pogo

Nope I don't deny what I perceive to be truth. Science offers what may be opinion and not verifiedabout conclusions . I don't deny fossil finds. They're there and of course scientists will try to categorize them. That does not mean I accept the theory of evolution as it stands.
So what is your alternative, just saying no is basically just denial. Why are the fossils where they are and why do you think that we see these patterns?

Are they put there to deceive?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So what is your alternative, just saying no is basically just denial. Why are the fossils where they are and why do you think that we see these patterns?

I don't think so. Please do not interpret that to mean as some here do that I mean I believe in the theory as it stands of evolution. I do not. So I'll leave it there for now. Thank you.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member

That is a question I asked myself a long time ago as a youth. How can this evidence exist alongside a literal view of Genesis? Either a literal Genesis is wrong, we are interpreting it poorly or the evidence that includes, but is not limited to fossils is wrong. If the evidence of evolution is wrong, then why does it exist? It does not make sense that it should exist to fool and mislead people. So, the interpretation of Genesis as literal must not be the way to interpret it and perhaps thinking we know the Bible and can dictate how others should see it is wrong.

In my personal view, God would not have planted fake evidence or allowed it to be planted, so I kept my belief and altered my interpretations of Genesis. Just as the flood story doesn't fit the evidence, perhaps the real way to understand it is see the deeper lessons and not worry about forcing it into reality. On top of that, one doesn't turn the Bible into an idol following my way to interpret.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
There are numerous threads over the last year that would indicate otherwise. Lots of snide comments and passive aggression that would indicate otherwise. Right now that indicates otherwise.

At least when you guys show up at the house, you'll leave when I close the door.

I don't care because I made taco soup for lunch and it's good.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I would if people didn't tell me they don't read posts longer than a couple of sentences. So no worries. I'll continue in a new post, I'm already up to two.
It does seem to be a conundrum without an answer. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. There are so many real world parallels.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I still like Amazing Grace and bagpipe rendition. Also Judy Collins. Not to say we all have the same viewpoint of course.
I'm very fond of old time gospel music. There is some modern Christian music I like, but I doubt they are bands you would enjoy.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
We'll actually taco soup sounds good.

It looked good, smelled good and tasted better.

No photo description available.