• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
There's not any known ape that can interbreed with a human.

Maybe you should try better... but don't get too far from the facts you really know, 'cause you could fall into some fantasyworld and never be able to come back again.

Evolutionists do a lot of brainwashing.

Also humans are apes (of the "great" variety)

leroy

As I said, I have addressed it and if you can't see it by now, you never will.
You adressed a starwman.

Your original argument was “because God can explain everything, then nothing in particular could ever count as evidence against God”

The balls and the archer examples where used to refute that argument ………..or you can simply think twice and see for yourself why your argument is nonsense.

Eli G

Also humans are apes (of the "great" variety)
That's only according to your theory.

According Bildad the Shuhite, one of the false friends of Job, we are just maggots and worms:

Job 25:5 Even the moon is not bright
And the stars are not pure in his eyes,
6 How much less so mortal man, who is a maggot,
And a son of man, who is a worm!”

Evidently, we don't have to accept names from anyone just because.

Eli G

No

They aren't wrong. In the eyes of the Gods we are but maggots.

I mean... If that's what you take from that?
The world is not evolutionary; only a part of it is. People should not be forced to accept theories that are still being discussed around the world. No one has the right to do that, just as I have no right to force anyone to believe in my God.

PS: I have had to endure the disrespect of hearing someone say that my mother is an ape. That is simply unacceptable, but moderation censors my posts and not those.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The world is not evolutionary; only a part of it is. People should not be forced to accept theories that are still being discussed around the world.
People shouldn't be forced to accept anything, but evolution is one of the most certain theories in all science due to the vast quantities of evidence we have for it from multiple different perspectives.

The only discussion about its basic acceptance comes from the ignorant and those with an obvious religious vested interest. The tactic is the same as that used by the tobacco companies when they were still denying the health risks of smoking. They generated and publisised a controversy and then said "it's controversial".

Humans being apes is just the biological classification:

Domain:​
Eukaryota​
Kingdom:​
Animalia​
Phylum:​
Chordata​
Class:​
Mammalia​
Order:​
Primates​
Suborder:​
Haplorhini​
Infraorder:​
Simiiformes​
Family:​
Hominidae <<<<< Great apes
Subfamily:​
Homininae <<<<< African apes
Tribe:​
Hominini​
Genus:​
Homo​
Species:​
H. sapiens <<<<< WE ARE HERE

Eli G

Too bad? You are, I am and she is. See post #5489
Tell it to a black guy in Atlanta, and you'll see what happen.

Many people dare to say things on the Internet, hiding behind anonymity. This is another reason why some people believe that real life is just what is published in the media.

Real life is out there; you have to start watching it so you can understand it as it really is.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Tell it to a black guy in Atlanta, and you'll see what happen.
I would depending on the context.

Do you often miss much social cues?

Many people dare to say things on the Internet, hiding behind anonymity. This is another reason why some people believe that real life is just what is published in the media.

I'd say it to you in person, again depending on the context.

If we were discussing this topic in person I'd have said and brought up the same examples. Including the reminder that you, I and everyone we know are great apes.
Real life is out there; you have to start watching it so you can understand it as it really is.

I spend more time outside then I do online. Typically gardening and tending to my flock. I have a firm grasp on what "real life" is thanks.