• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
And Moses didn't know the Hebrew language, he knew Egyptians as he was raised in them from his infancy, right, please?
And Moses was given 10 commandment even as per Torah- a product of the clergy, one must say, right, please?:

"According to the Hebrew Bible, the Tablets of the Law (also Tablets of Stone, Stone Tablets, or Tablets of Testimony; Biblical Hebrew: לוּחֹת הַבְּרִית lūḥōt habbǝrīt "tablets of the covenant", לֻחֹת הָאֶבֶן luḥōt hāʾeḇen or לֻחֹת אֶבֶן luḥōt ʾeḇen or לֻחֹת אֲבָנִים luḥōt ʾăbānīm "stone tablets", and לֻחֹת הָעֵדֻת luḥōt hāʿēdut "tablets of testimony"; Arabic: أَلْوَاحُ مُوسَى āl-wāḥ Mūsā "the tablets of Moses") were the two stone tablets inscribed with the Ten Commandments when Moses ascended Mount Sinai as written in the Book of Exodus.[1]

According to the biblical narrative, the first set of tablets, inscribed by the finger of God, (Exodus 31:18) were smashed by Moses when he was enraged by the sight of the Children of Israel worshiping a golden calf (Exodus 32:19) and the second were later chiseled out by Moses and rewritten by God (Exodus 34:1)."

The clergy, I understand, were "smart" they , likely, would have copied, as one has suggested above, right?;
"Enūma Eliš was composed in the mid 16th century BCE, and the Epic of Atrahasis, is even older still, as it was originally composed in 17th century BCE, as the oldest version was written in Old Babylonian."

Right?

Regards
Moses undoubtedly knew the Hebrew language, although raised as an Egyptian, he was (1) well-educated, (2) knew where he came from, and (3) had contact with Hebrews.

YoursTrue

you seem to be speaking of personal experience, but your earlier post was rather too vague. But it isn’t just between the US & Europe. in the us, what are available in some states, are banned from others…I get that that.

But medicine have some side-effects that could be fatal, and I understand that too. And some medicine might work for some people, but no all, because human physiology varied, eg allergies can cause problems for some people, but here medical sciences can only do so much.

What may work for some populations, may not work for other populations. There are no such thing as perfect medicine, or perfect vaccine or perfect antibiotic. There are no such things as cure for all, in medicine.
I'm not going to argue this issue, but to me it is perfectly clear that "science" has its problems, and "peer review" may not be that great. OTHERWISE - meds in one country would be "peer reviewed" in other countries and the "scientists" would all agree. But they don't. Evolution (the theory of) has not tests like at least medication does. Doctors will prescribe medication and in many instances do not warn of side effects which can be deadly. Like I say, you decide what you choose to accept as true, and I choose what I accept. If I thought evolution was true as posited by scientists I would say so, but I don't, if you want to believe what scientists purport about the theory, obviously it's your choice and reasons others may have behind it do not line up with your way of reasoning. I understand that.
I could go into what tests have ascertained about the various medications and their effectiveness. It's a different situation, however, with something like evolution, which simply has no testing ground anyway, even if doctors or pharmaceutical salespeople do not reveal the possible deleterious side effects of the result of some meds.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
So, as i said, i know of 32 hypothesis for how the universe came into existence. All of them have scientific or mathematical merit, if they are not feasible either mathematically or extrapolation from observed or well understood phenomena then they are simply not counted as scientifically possible.

And not one of them uses the get out for free card of "i don't know so god must've done it"

Not anyone else's god, or gods. There are around 3800 creator gods have been worshiped in the history of religion, which one do you think did It?
We don't "know" many things, but theories help us understand how things operate. The physics behind what we know is limited to our knowing. It's what we don't know but aspire to know that makes the difference and is also what makes truth able to be verified so important. The problem comes when we no longer aspire to know more than what we think we already know. So, the I don't knows are great and by this logic, it's ok to be ok with this and place it in the realms of what's unknowable, which in all honesty would equate to God or gods or the universe or the substance of life period. I'm ok with the term God. I'm ok with the term universe. I'm ok with the term cosmos or substance of the all. I agree with much of what you say, but to limit creator gods to only 3800 would be a grossly underestimated number in my opinion.

YoursTrue

Then why do you think the Bible has no errors, no flaws, no contradictions?

Because that’s what I read from some of your posts…that the Bible is perfect.

Am I wrong in my reading of your posts?
People have misinterpreted the Bible for a long time in many cases. And the scrolls have been hand copied multiple times. The history of the Masoretes in copying the scriptures is quite fascinating, you might look them up. God inspired the Bible. There's a difference. One thing that comes to mind about the differences people have had with understanding the Bible is when William Tyndale was put to death because he dared translate it. Yet it is because of people like him that we can read the Bible today. I believe people like Tyndale will be brought back to life to a far better world than we see now. Battle for the Bible ~ Background | Secrets of the Dead | PBS.

YoursTrue

you seem to be speaking of personal experience, but your earlier post was rather too vague. But it isn’t just between the US & Europe. in the us, what are available in some states, are banned from others…I get that that.

But medicine have some side-effects that could be fatal, and I understand that too. And some medicine might work for some people, but no all, because human physiology varied, eg allergies can cause problems for some people, but here medical sciences can only do so much.

What may work for some populations, may not work for other populations. There are no such thing as perfect medicine, or perfect vaccine or perfect antibiotic. There are no such things as cure for all, in medicine.
According to the Bible, whether you believe it or not (and I believe it, it makes lots of sense to me), humans did not HAVE to die...we inherited sickness and death from Adam. People fight against death, they go to doctors (I do), take medicine (I do), try to stay alive. I'm careful when I drive, etc. I like cats, I like seeing videos about cats and dogs and other animals. People may bring these animals to doctors to help them if they're sick. Dogs and cats and gorillas do not have medical schools and clinics they initiated. There's a difference. Now if you want to argue that, go ahead, be my guest as they say. But don't expect me to answer you about brain size or it's in the cards of evolution. Thanks.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From my experience, atheists ( meaning “internet atheist”) don’t believe that things come from nothing, (nor they deny it ether) they keep an ambiguous and flexible view where they don’t claim nor deny anything , so that they can avoid the burden proof and “win” the debate with semantics

But you point is true, atheist believe in more amazing things than theist (weather if they label it as miracle or not is irrelevant)
I believe in physics. I guess that would meet the amazing things criterion. But at least my amazing claims are evidenced.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You mean there are no verifications beyond fairy tales that fish became (evolved to) humans. Got it and thank you again.
Where are you getting this nonsense from? No, you were demonstrably wrong. Go back and find out where. @leroy expected everyone else too. You should be aware of your own posts.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In other words, you have nothing to offer to show/demonstrate that there is no God. OK, got it and thank you.
How do you define "God"? What real entity are we looking for, and if we find a suspect, how can we determine whether it's God or not?

Or ─ as all the evidence suggests ─ does God exist solely as a concept, notion, thing imagined, in an individual brain, very often as the result of acculturation?