• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: Does Evolution Disprove the Existence of God?

Hitchey

None that I'm aware of, and certainly not myself. :shrug:
Another delightful bon mot from Pure X!
I have seen Creationists frequently make the assertion that acceptance of evolution leads to atheism. They ignore the reality that many Christians believe in God and accept evolution as fact. Usually, though, they take the argument further and claim that those who accept evolution and claim they are Christian are, in fact, false Christians. In the view of many of them true Christians would never accept evolution.

Joe Bloe

Nobody is required to disprove the existence of god. It is up to the theist to prove that god exists.

Whenever evolution is mentioned during a debate about religion, you can be sure that the theist is merely changing the subject in order to avoid the onus of proof.

As soon as that happens, I tell the theist that (for the sake of argument) I will concede that evolution doesn't work - and now the ball is back in his court: He must prove that god exists.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Nobody is required to disprove the existence of god. It is up to the theist to prove that god exists.

Whenever evolution is mentioned during a debate about religion, you can be sure that the theist is merely changing the subject in order to avoid the onus of proof.

As soon as that happens, I tell the theist that (for the sake of argument) I will concede that evolution doesn't work - and now the ball is back in his court: He must prove that god exists.
That is interesting. Very often around here we see the mirror image of this. When discussing Evolution the Creationist will start talking about “God”. The Creationist is simply changing the subject because they have no evidence. So I (and others as well) will concede the existence of “God” (simply for the sake of argument) so that the Creationist must deal with the evidence of evolution.

I prefer doing it this way because I really don’t care whether or not someone believes in “God”, but when I see someone closing their eyes to the wonder and beauty of science I think that is an absolute tragedy.