• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists reaction to Einstein Quote is good?

questfortruth

Why do you think that he was not a strong mathematician?

Evidence please.
Mileva Marić (Serbian Cyrillic: Милева Марић; 19 December 1875 – 4 August 1948), sometimes called Mileva Marić-Einstein (Serbian Cyrillic: Милева Марић-Ајнштајн, romanized: Mileva Marić-Ajnštajn), was a Serbian physicist and mathematician and the first wife of Albert Einstein from 1903 to 1919. She was the only woman among Einstein's fellow students at Zürich Polytechnic and was the second woman to finish a full program of study at the Department of Mathematics and Physics.[1] Marić and Einstein were collaborators and lovers

Clara Tea

One of many comments Einstein made on god.
"I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals himself in the lawful harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."

And another.
"The word God is for me nothing but the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of venerable but still rather primitive legends"

And another
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

These are attributed to Einstein, they appear in his writing in his handwriting, or were made in front of witnesses.

As for your claimed quote "When the solution is simple, God is answering". I can find no record of Einstein saying this it does not appear in his writings so i can only assume it's a copy of a quite by Jacob Bronowski and attributed to Einstein in that systematic but false repeating.

As to using the quote i would not recommend attributing it to Einstein unless you have solid evidence he actually said it

Many quotations attributed to Einstein were never stated by Einstein. So, we can't rely on fictions to make it seem as though the greatest genius agrees with theists.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The atheistic ideology rolls over RF and other internet sites, and main journals.
That is why I need the acceptance of this quote from atheistic community.
I need to be sure, that my proof of Riemann Hypothesis will not
be rejected just because this Einstein's quote is in the introduction.

"When the solution is simple, God is answering" (Albert Einstein).

What is your advice, is it good for pure mathematical paper to have such quotes in introduction, they are describing the simplicity of the results.

Is this a good, acceptable quote for a scientific paper, for example like this one:

Dmitri Martila, Stefan Groote, Stats, 5 (2): 538-545 (2022).
Evaluation of the Gauss Integral
The paper is the first analytical form of the Error Function in Eq.(A6),
which is of utmost ease and elegance. By definition, a function is analytical
if it has a converging Taylor series.

I don't know about the quote and it's veracity and if it's good or bad for a paper, but I can say some other important things that a publisher of mathematical, scientific or any other academic scholarly field normal practices.

1. Write a paper that has authentic scholarship, cites where it starts in the wheel, who it's built on, and where it's going.
2. Gets peer review for academic assessment and originality, from an academic referee system.
3. NOT PUBLISH THROUGH PUBLISHERS LIKE LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing who are a scam and very well known predatory scammers who publish anything and everything hoping some fool on the internet will buy a copy on amazon, Lulu or some internet source to make a few bucks.

To be contd.

Last edited:

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
"When the solution is simple, God is answering" (Albert Einstein).
Did he say that? What is your source?
Can you cite any publication or letter authored by Einstein, or any talk given by him where he says that?
(Hint: no you can't, because he never said it. It was Bronowski talking about Einstein's work - "Einstein was a man who could ask immensely simple questions. And what his work showed is that when the answers are simple too, then you can hear God thinking.")

I presume this is your "genius" at work again - repeating suspect claims without checking them.

KWED

Einsteins' famous quote 'God does not play dice'.
However, Einstein was not an atheist as he said himself in an interview in 1929. Einstein had his personal views about religion and he believed in what he called “cosmic religion” where God’s presence was evident in the order and rationality of nature and the universe in all its aspects and expressions. Chaos and randomness are, therefore, not part of nature (“God does not play dice”).

According to Einstein, “cosmic religious feeling is the strongest and noblest motive for scientific research”. In his opinion, the goal of a scientist should be to try to begin to understand the universe. Einstein had a deep feeling of awe in front of nature and the universe and he believed that “strenuous intellectual work and the study of God’s Nature are the angels that will lead me through all the troubles of this life with consolation, strength, and uncompromising rigor” (letter to Pauline Winteler, 1897).
Physics and Beyond: “God does not play dice”, What did Einstein mean? (stmarys.ac.uk)
Einstein was repeatedly, explicitly clear about his lack of belief in a personal, interventionist god. He dismissed organised religion and their scriptures. It's funny how religionists are so desperate to co-opt him into their fold but don't do the same with Darwin, who was genuinely a believer for much of his life.

KWED

What is your advice, is it good for pure mathematical paper to have such quotes in introduction, they are describing the simplicity of the results.
So you are basically saying that god wrote your paper for you. You should therefore remove yourself as "author" and replace it as "typist".

KWED

And yet on this forum we daily see the same carefully rehearsed but often ill considered arguments, trotted out with tiresome regularity by the usual suspects. That smacks of ideology to me.
So what is "The Atheist Ideology" then?

Also, if the arguments are so often "ill-considered", why do apologists have such a hard time refuting them?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Many quotations attributed to Einstein were never stated by Einstein. So, we can't rely on fictions to make it seem as though the greatest genius agrees with theists.

Which is why i prefer his written word. There are many, particularly theists who misrepresent, create falshoods and even lie about what Einstein said or wrote because the somehow thing fakery is good for their belief.

RestlessSoul

So what is "The Atheist Ideology" then?

Also, if the arguments are so often "ill-considered", why do apologists have such a hard time refuting them?

We had a thread on this not so long ago.

Scientism

Scientism is the opinion that science and the scientific method are the best or only way to render truth about the world and reality.

As for refutation; fanatics are generally so heavily invested in their particular ideology, that they are impervious to argument.

KWED

Scientism

Scientism is the opinion that science and the scientific method are the best or only way to render truth about the world and reality.
Ah, I see your confusion.
"Scientism" and "atheism" are not the same thing.
Some atheists subscribe to scientism. Some do not.
Glad to have helped.

As for refutation; fanatics are generally so heavily invested in their particular ideology, that they are impervious to argument.
Or evidence.

KWED

Which is why i prefer his written word. There are many, particularly theists who misrepresent, create falshoods and even lie about what Einstein said or wrote because the somehow thing fakery is good for their belief.
If an essential worldview is based on accepting assertions without evidence or rational argument, it is not surprising when the same principle is also applied to the minor details used to bolster it.

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Scientism

That's nothing to do with atheism per se. Nor is atheism an ideology. That thread exposed that many theists used the term dishonestly as well. Also a biased overconfidence in the efficacy of science was not even properly defined, though this didn't stop (how did you put it) the usual suspects from falsely throwing the term at anyone who dared argue against the way it was being misused.

Atheism is no more an ideology than not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Ah, I see your confusion.
"Scientism" and "atheism" are not the same thing.
Some atheists subscribe to scientism. Some do not.
Glad to have helped.

Or evidence.

The thread was like McCarthyism in microcosm, if you object to being labelled as adhering to scientism, guess what, you were immediately denounced as an adherent of scientism, a laughable witch hunt of a thread. It still makes me smile.