• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: What would be evidence of God’s existence?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Once again, this manifests itself in cognitive dissonance in some believers. Simple ideas just cannot be gotten across no matter how hare one tries.
Once again, this manifests itself in cognitive dissonance in some atheists. Simple ideas just cannot be gotten across no matter how hare one tries.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I certainly thought so about 4 pages ago. I don't think she wants to understand it, and is just doggedly arguing a position in line with her beliefs, ironic eh? :D

Then it's better not to repeat the same point. I usually leave threads when we are going in the same circle more then twice.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
The Quran is in fact clear, God doesn't know who will strive among us, and who will not, beforehand, he is testing us in real time.

That is not what I see the Quran says, we are always tested, and choices are the test.

Like the Choice all face if the Message of Baha'u'llah is the awaited fulfillment of Prophecy. This is a God given test and we are given the choice.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is not what I see the Quran says, we are always tested, and choices are the test.

Like the Choice all face if the Message of Baha'u'llah is the awaited fulfillment of Prophecy. This is a God given test and we are given the choice.

Regards Tony

Whether you see it or don't, it's there:

أَمْ حَسِبْتُمْ أَنْ تَدْخُلُوا الْجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَعْلَمِ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ جَاهَدُوا مِنْكُمْ وَيَعْلَمَ الصَّابِرِينَ

Do you think that you will enter the garden while Allah has not yet known those who strive hard from among you, and (He has not) known the patient.
SHAKIR

(3:142)

And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars.

وَلَقَدْ فَتَنَّا الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ ۖ فَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ الْكَاذِبِينَ

(29:3)

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
Whether you see it or don't, it's there:

أَمْ حَسِبْتُمْ أَنْ تَدْخُلُوا الْجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَعْلَمِ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ جَاهَدُوا مِنْكُمْ وَيَعْلَمَ الصَّابِرِينَ

Do you think that you will enter the garden while Allah has not yet known those who strive hard from among you, and (He has not) known the patient.
SHAKIR

(3:142)

And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars.

وَلَقَدْ فَتَنَّا الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ ۖ فَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ الْكَاذِبِينَ

(29:3)

Another translation.

Yusuf Ali
Did ye think that ye would enter Heaven without Allah testing those of you who fought hard (In His Cause) and remained steadfast

Imam Iskender Ali Mihr
Did you suppose that you would enter Paradise before Allah had tested those of you who really strived and tested those who are the patient?

This is not saying Allah does not know the future, I see it is saying that even the believers are tested.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another translation.

Yusuf Ali
Did ye think that ye would enter Heaven without Allah testing those of you who fought hard (In His Cause) and remained steadfast

Imam Iskender Ali Mihr
Did you suppose that you would enter Paradise before Allah had tested those of you who really strived and tested those who are the patient?

This is not saying Allah does not know the future, I see it is saying that even the believers are tested.

Regards Tony

The Arabic is clear, God does not know. The other translations must have been embarrassed and so changed the meaning.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
God. O earth the planet.
It's heavens. Thinker anyone just humans....says I am not the history of God.

Thinker a human says I just exist within gods heavens. Acceptance of God no questions asked none needed to be asked. Basic human advice.

Basic human truth what is God why did I say God. Human choice only.

Reason. Brother said cosmic. Blasting. Science. Nothing.

None of those subjects is earths natural life support. By thinking. By just accepting you are only a human in your owned nature.

Coercion.

Oh but God the earth blasts.

Humans harmed know naturally what being God blasted into non life or life harm meant. About O God the powerful body.

All fear based on natural human wisdom is advised first naturally.

Humans via fear own the only truth knowledge science a choice is a human liar.

So we argue based on self survival versus men who say their thoughts choices just by want in human presence supersedes anything else.

Is having to mentality deal in human life with men who outrightly lie to manipulate for lifestyles only.

Let me have total control of choice says science. Their ultimate takeover of rational human natural advice.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
وَلَمَّا يَعْلَمِ اللَّهُ

It's clear.
The teachings our heavens life support is the highest state the immaculate.

Without it we will own no life the spirit teaching holy mother body protecting its God nature. O ones protection.... Clear. Unseen. Highest. Coldest. Non reactive.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
The Quran is in fact clear, God doesn't know who will strive among us, and who will not, beforehand, he is testing us in real time.

No .. if G-d is not omniscient, then how could any prophet be informed [ by G-d ] of any future events, such as the signs of the last days?

Time belongs to G-d, the creator of the universe.
Einstein shows us that the universe is a space-time continuum.
It is not just a religious belief, it is demonstrated in science, that time is a dimension of the universe.

It follows that G-d is not part of His creation, and therefore sees all.
This does not take away our free-will, or examination of our behaviour. Mankind is being tested in real-time, as you say.
It is our reality, but G-d's perception is different.
He is the Master of the universe. He is the true time-lord !

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Once again, this manifests itself in cognitive dissonance in some atheists. Simple ideas just cannot be gotten across no matter how hare one tries.
Too bad that you cannot seem to find any based upon rational reasoning. I know that you do not like it when people keep pointing out your use of logical fallacies, but facts are facts.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No .. if G-d is not omniscient, then how could any prophet be informed [ by G-d ] of any future events, such as the signs of the last days?

Time belongs to G-d, the creator of the universe.
Einstein shows us that the universe is a space-time continuum.
It is not just a religious belief, it is demonstrated in science, that time is a dimension of the universe.

It follows that G-d is not part of His creation, and therefore sees all.
This does not take away our free-will, or examination of our behaviour. Mankind is being tested in real-time, as you say.
It is our reality, but G-d's perception is different.
He is the Master of the universe. He is the true time-lord !
Biblical prophecy constantly fails. i do not know of any valid prophecies. One thing that one must realize first is that there are reasonable rules for prophesy.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Yusuf Ali

Of course it isn't.. [ saying that Allah does not know the future ]

187 They ask thee of the (destined) Hour, when will it come to port. Say: Knowledge thereof is with my Lord only. He alone will manifest it at its proper time. It is heavy in the heavens and the earth. It cometh not to you save unawares. They question thee as if thou couldst be well informed thereof. Say: Knowledge thereof is with Allah only, but most of mankind know not.
-surah Al A'raf-

The above verse is saying that only God knows when the end of the world will be.

110 He knoweth (all) that is before them and (all) that is behind them, while they cannot compass it in knowledge.
-surah Ta Ha-

and of course, Ayat-ul-kursi..

255 Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.