• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: WOW proof this Book is from God.

SoyLeche

meh...
No that you guys are cherry-picking not all historians are accurate,
so we should give preference to the majority not minority.
The correct answer usually starts with the minority... (then again, the minority is often wrong and stays there).

How about we take them all into account?

~Amin~

God is the King
Ok, then. It's possible that the Quran hasn't survived unchanged since it was first written.
Now that we have that out of the way...
He He you fell in your own trap why take the side of the minority
since it was your idea to look at all sides?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm not attacking anyones faith, just the wrong data that they use. :cool:

Sadly there is lot of bad information out there, and often it is easier to just accept it than to do any research yourself on it.

wa:do

Fluffy

A fool
Amin said:
I believe that most atheists haved proved by there responses how much
they enjoy mocking at people, and that they dont care about other beliefs,
DONT they know this is a sensitive issue for believers regerdless Muslim, Chriistian
or others?
It doesnt matter but any way, with me is MY LORD HE will help me.
Please don't characterise atheists by the actions of some atheists. Even if it is true that most atheists fit your generalisation, it is still unfair towards those who do not.

You are right that all people, atheists included, should not be mocking or rude towards others. I feel that you could have made a stand against such activity without characterising atheists by it, however.

Nothing productive can be gained from mocking others or others' beliefs or others' arguments. I'm guilty of doing it too but I try my hardest not to and I hope that everyone else will too.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Im sad not one sensible response.

Amin, seriously, what did you expect, considering the material you offered up for comment?

I'm not even an atheist, but I wouldn't be convinced.

I really wonder why some theists insist on "proving" God via some sort of scientific means. Invariably, their idea of science is tragically off, which only makes the whole thing look, well, rather silly. Sorry, but that's how it looks from here.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Can you tell me what would a book have to contain to prove its from God?
Not sure, but I'm certain that an all-knowing and all-powerful God would know what to put in it that would convince everyone, and would be capable of actually putting it in there.

~Amin~

God is the King
And if you deny( the message) already nations
before you have denied. And there is not upon
the messenger except clear notification.
Qur'an 29,18.

SoyLeche

meh...
Not sure, but I'm certain that an all-knowing and all-powerful God would know what to put in it that would convince everyone, and would be capable of actually putting it in there.
Of course, if he didn't want it to convince everyone (for whatever reason), then the question is moot :) .

meogi

~Amin~ said:
Can you tell me what would a book have to contain to prove its from God?
I'd be convinced with accurate predictions of the future, known and understood before they happen. It would be the common understanding of anyone who read it (No learning a different language, it's just translated perfectly into all languages.) that would convince me some sort of 'God' wrote it.

I think He'd be able to do it. But I don't think He will. At the very least I don't trust man as a vessel for His word. (Only through multiple writings, all exactly the same, from people who have never contacted each other, all written on the same day. That would be convincing.)

SoyLeche said:
Of course, if he didn't want it to convince everyone (for whatever reason), then the question is moot :) .
I wouldn't deem a God like that worthy of praise.

SoyLeche

meh...
I wouldn't deem a God like that worthy of praise.
I think it would be folly to have this opinion without knowing what "whatever reason" is.

You would have to actually believe that you understand all of the possible reasons for doing so and are able to judge perfectly whether or not each of them is a valid reason. That's a bit to presumptuous for me.

~Amin~

God is the King
I'd be convinced with accurate predictions of the future, known and understood before they happen.
I like your reasoning.

It would be the common understanding of anyone who read it (No learning a different language, it's just translated perfectly into all languages.) that would convince me some sort of 'God' wrote it.
Thats possible.

I think He'd be able to do it. But I don't think He will.
Why?

meogi

SoyLeche said:
You would have to actually believe that you understand all of the possible reasons for doing so and are able to judge perfectly whether or not each of them is a valid reason. That's a bit to presumptuous for me.
Understood. I was using the idea that God judges based upon some criteria related to what He wrote in a book(s). If He made the book with the intention (people he didn't want to convince) of sending a select few to eternal (or even finite) damnation, He doesn't seem worthy of any praise to me. (Whatever His reasons for doing so may be.)

~Amin~ said:
Who knows? The same reason He hasn't already done it.

SoyLeche

meh...
Understood. I was using the idea that God judges based upon some criteria related to what He wrote in a book(s). If He made the book with the intention (people he didn't want to convince) of sending a select few to eternal (or even finite) damnation, He doesn't seem worthy of any praise to me. (Whatever His reasons for doing so may be.)
Well, then, you've added to what I said. I said "for whatever reason" (meaing that I have no idea what reason it might be, but accept that there may be one that I don't understand but is perfectly valid). You responded to "for this specific reason".