• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athiesm leads to the destruction of humanity - Now with Charts!!

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I didn't "giggle".

It's good, and ironically very true; let's see, which of the top three consequences are we not now seeing?

1) People as Consumers Only (check! Happening)

2) Increasing Antisocial Behaviors (check! Happening)

3) Disintegration of the Concept of Truth (check! Most Definitely Happening)

Unless you're blind, it's hard to dispute. Now blaming Atheism, I can see how that can be done, but it's not a stretch to say that man's self-destructive tendencies are as much in spite of himself as spite for and hatred of God.

Whether or not all of that is happening, it's not happening because of the influence of atheism. The entire point of the chart is to say that all of that comes from atheism, which is where the giggle comes in because it's such a stupid assertion.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
it's not a stretch to say that man's self-destructive tendencies are as much in spite of himself as spite for and hatred of God.

It isn't?

I don't think I have ever met or even heard about anyone who had hatred for God. There are plenty of people who have spite for some conceptions of God, sure, but I can hardly blame them for that, for such conceptions are invariably quite sick and demand that spite.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I didn't "giggle".

It's good, and ironically very true; let's see, which of the top three consequences are we not now seeing?
That first group of three items seems to me to have things completely backward.

Look at societies that are generally irreligious... then go to the American Bible Belt. Tell me which one has the bigger problem with gluttony (hint: it's the one with 64 oz. sodas, where every town has an all-you-can-eat buffet).

However, on the whole, this is the least of the problems for that chart.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
*pokes head in*

:confused: When and how did this become a serious discussion? :confused:

*scampers off to review thread*

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It isn't?

I don't think I have ever met or even heard about anyone who had hatred for God.
Oh, I have. I even used to be one. You never heard of maltheism?

Bona fide maltheists aside, I've met PLENTY of atheists who gave the impression they were just mad at a God they still believed in. Online, anyway. They tend to be more reasonable irl.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Whoever put this chart together is a comic genius - whether they were serious or not. Personally, this is way too ridiculously over the top, for me to think that this isn't a joke, but, then again, there are a lot of unbelievably stupid idiots out there.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Oh, I have. I even used to be one. You never heard of maltheism?

Well, you are exactly the second one that I ever knew about.

Bona fide maltheists aside, I've met PLENTY of atheists who gave the impression they were just mad at a God they still believed in. Online, anyway. They tend to be more reasonable irl.

I think that is very rare. Most atheists seem to go mad about belief in God, and usually not even all forms of it.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Well, you are exactly the second one that I ever knew about.
Des that make me special? :flirt:

I think that is very rare. Most atheists seem to go mad about belief in God, and usually not even all forms of it.
I dunno. My online and real life experiences clash. I tend to favor the real world, but the jerks are out there, and they're pretty bold when anonymous.

Jeremiah

I didn't "giggle".

1) People as Consumers Only (check! Happening)

2) Increasing Antisocial Behaviors (check! Happening)

3) Disintegration of the Concept of Truth (check! Most Definitely Happening)

Unless you're blind, it's hard to dispute. Now blaming Atheism, I can see how that can be done, but it's not a stretch to say that man's self-destructive tendencies are as much in spite of himself as spite for and hatred of God.

The only worth this chart has is at the butt-end of a joke.

Last edited:

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Say it did happen. Would the atheist see the connections? They'd probably blame it on the few remaining religious folks. Besides, how can you blame anything on atheism? It's so easy to argue yourself out of it.

It's not like all atheist are blue colored smurfs...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Say it did happen. Would the atheist see the connections? They'd probably blame it on the few remaining religious folks. Besides, how can you blame anything on atheism? It's so easy to argue yourself out of it.

You mean you take that chart at all seriously? Really?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
0EKUX.jpg

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

And if the moon were made of green cheese, I'd like some toasted on sourdough, thanks.

idea

Question Everything
How can anyone refute this? Everyone knows that without religion there would be legalized genocide the likes of which we haven't seen since the crusades!

...wait...

It has been estimated that in less than the past 100 years, athiestic governments under the banner of communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives...there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mengistu, Bierut, Choibalsan.... these are examples of athiest leaders.

not all athiests are militant athiests, just as not all thiests are militant theists... if you compare militant to militant, the athiests have killed more people by far... we're talking tens of millions rather than tens of thousands.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It has been estimated that in less than the past 100 years, athiestic governments under the banner of communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives...

Whoa, let's stop right there. Those were basically dictatorships, and they set up their own religions with themselves as the objects of worship. It had nothing to do with atheism. Those deaths were caused by the insane nature of the dictators, just like many other deaths have been caused by the insane natures of dictators who were religious.

there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mengistu, Bierut, Choibalsan.... these are examples of athiest leaders.

not all athiests are militant athiests, just as not all thiests are militant theists... if you compare militant to militant, the athiests have killed more people by far... we're talking tens of millions rather than tens of thousands.

Yeah, so anyway, back to reality. The world has seen a lot of dictators who have done some bad things. Many of them have been religious, and some have been irreligious, but neither their religion nor their lack of it was the cause of the killing. But if you wanted to count it all up, religious people win by far.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Now, that is a biased, unfair and misleading statement if I ever saw one.