• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athiesm leads to the destruction of humanity - Now with Charts!!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Norwegians smurfs! I like it……

It’s nice to see my hypothetical was met with such interest. In all seriousness, how exactly would you prove such a diverse group as atheist is responsible of any atrocity? Is their a FSM bible somewhere?

So…

If you read about 1,000 Christians waging war………..it’s because of Christianity

If you read about 1,000 Atheist waging war……….it’s because of anything but atheism.

Of course, everything Christians do has to be connected to their beliefs or tenets right?

I’m aware of the difference between them but a lack of a bible or centralized tenets might just be the problem. Far fetched?

They usually tell you. They carry banners with crosses on them and plunge into war shouting, "In the name of our lord, Jesus Christ..." So it's not really a mystery.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It was an example. I could of put Buddhism in there.

But yeah, normally Abrahamaic religions do get the brunt of it. Which is all within good reason, but it goes amok at times.

That's not what I meant. Why are you assuming people are blaming the religion of the people for their acts?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
That's not what I meant. Why are you assuming people are blaming the religion of the people for their acts?
Yes, the OP is about how some religionist blames atheism for everything bad, and somehow that gets turned into complaining about people blaming bad things on religion.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Illogical? I don't know. My philosophy is rusty.

Atheist attach meaning just like we do, right? That is where it all begins. So really, is it illogical?

Yep. It is very illogical. Atheism does not even have a proposition or motivation to speak of.

idea

Question Everything
One thing I will smurf you for sure; no atheist has killed another smurf because "God" told them to.

Atheists generally kill ppl because they believe in survival of the fittest. They see genocide as a way to advance the evolutionary chain, wipe out all who are weak, so that the strong can prosper.

idea

Question Everything
*ahem* Hitler *ahem*

Hitler was a Darwinist. He believed in survival of the fittest.

Evolutionist and atheist Richard Dawkins stated in an interview: “What’s to prevent us from saying Hitler wasn’t right? I mean, that is a genuinely difficult question."
byFaith Magazine - In the World - Richard Dawkins: The Atheist Evangelist

only an athiest would ask "was Hitler right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobel Prize winner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was asked to account for the great tragedies that occurred under the brutal communist regime he and fellow citizens suffered under.
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn offered the following explanation:
"Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.' Since then I have spend well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened."

Vox Day notes concerning atheism and mass murder:
"Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …
The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.
The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.
Is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules sufficient evidence that atheism does, in fact, provide a systematic influence to do bad things? If that is not deemed to be conclusive, how about the fact that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. If one considers the statistically significant size of the historical atheist set and contrasts it with the fact that not one in a thousand religious leaders have committed similarly large-scale atrocities, it is impossible to conclude otherwise, even if we do not yet understand exactly why this should be the case. Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation"
“ Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao … The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.
The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.
Is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules sufficient evidence that atheism does, in fact, provide a systematic influence to do bad things? If that is not deemed to be conclusive, how about the fact that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. If one considers the statistically significant size of the historical atheist set and contrasts it with the fact that not one in a thousand religious leaders have committed similarly large-scale atrocities, it is impossible to conclude otherwise, even if we do not yet understand exactly why this should be the case. Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation!

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Atheists generally kill ppl because they believe in survival of the fittest. They see genocide as a way to advance the evolutionary chain, wipe out all who are weak, so that the strong can prosper.

I've never seen such a concisely written misunderstanding of atheism, genocide, and evolution. Now that's some efficient ignorance.

Random

Really, is atheism part of any problem at all? Anywhere, anytime?

I myself believe in a personal God, but that's what it is, personal; I am a non-theist in one sense; that I worship God in my heart, and not through scriptures, or rituals, or religious dogma. For me, this is the only kind of knowing that truly matters; the rest is wisdom to be attained.

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
you need to read more about WW2 ;)
Or you do. Hitler's religious bent is far from clear.

On top of that, political leaders rarely, if ever, act out of religious motives alone. Indidviduals are another story.

I dare you to find me 3 cases of individual murders where "survival of the fittest" was the motive.

idea

Question Everything
Or you do. Hitler's religious bent is far from clear.

On top of that, political leaders rarely, if ever, act out of religious motives alone. Indidviduals are another story.

I dare you to find me 3 cases of individual murders where "survival of the fittest" was the motive.

I did not include Hitler on the list of mass-murdering atheists. I agree, his religious beliefs were strange, he was actually a Jew himself.

political leaders have a lot to gain from taking down religious groups. Any organized group of people poses a threat to someone who wants power. In order to gain power, you have to first take out all other organized bodies of ppl - that reduces it to an individual rising up against a political power, vs. an entire organized body of ppl rebelling against a political power. This is why communistic gov's are atheist - they maintain their power by taking out any other group that could potentially oppose them.

The Mayflower compact,,, where our freedom came from? some people wanted to be ruled by God instead of by man - so they threw out dictators, telling them "God rules us, you don't"

Jefferson's Seal, almost the US seal:
File:FirstCommitteeGreatSealReverseLossingDrawing.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God...

tyrants don't usually like God, as they like to think themselves the most powerful force on Earth.

again, I am not saying that all atheists are mass-murderers, I'm just saying that the militant atheists tend to kill a lot more ppl than fundamentalist religious groups do.

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I did not include Hitler on the list of mass-murdering atheists. I agree, his religious beliefs were strange, he was actually a Jew himself.
So, you were lying when you said
Hitler was a Darwinist. He believed in survival of the fittest.
?

political leaders have a lot to gain from taking down religious groups. Any organized group of people poses a threat to someone who wants power. In order to gain power, you have to first take out all other organized bodies of ppl - that reduces it to an individual rising up against a political power, vs. an entire organized body of ppl rebelling against a political power. This is why communistic gov's are atheist - they maintain their power by taking out any other group that could potentially oppose them.
Which has what to do with survival of the fittest?

They see genocide as a way to advance the evolutionary chain, wipe out all who are weak, so that the strong can prosper.

I note you completely ignored my challenge. Could that be because you know that
Atheists generally kill ppl because they believe in survival of the fittest.
... is complete and utter BS?

idea

Question Everything
add on - communism/dictatorships work in either of two scenerios:

1. atheism
2. forced religious belief - one single religion rules, no others allowed, combined church/state.

the combined church/state distorts the religion so much, that it does become just a gov instead of a religion.

idea

Question Everything
So, you were lying when you said ?

Which has what to do with survival of the fittest?

you can be a theist and a Darwinist. Saying you are a Darwinist, is not the same as saying you are an atheist.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
you can be a theist and a Darwinist. Saying you are a Darwinist, is not the same as saying you are an atheist.

I've never heard anyone who actually understands evolutionary theory ever refer to themselves as a "Darwinist," so it's a moot point anyway.