• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australian Bushfires - God's Wrath?

challupa

The next time a Katrina blows in on their back door, they'll blame Australians for that too I suppose.:rolleyes:
No American Fundies have no problem blaming the people of America for their wraths of God. 911 and Katrina have been blamed on the godlessness of americans already. It looks like Australian Fundies have decided to follow america's lead and do the same for their own disasters.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yep this is sad..Just pretend they are drunk as skunks.Feel sorry for them..give them some water and a tylenol.

The people you speak of are quite frankly mentally insane.IMHO and live in udder fear.I imagine its a tortured world for them.

I actually had a "stent" in a psychiatric ward.(shock)..I realized I was fine..or better than many..when I met Eugine.He would run up and down the hallways naked as a jay bird..Screaming that the devil was after him..and God was punishing him because he chased "too many women".

I was only 15..And I felt very sorry for this old man.Everyone else laughed.

Love

Dallas

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Has anyone seen the photo of Sam the koala drinking out of a waterbottle with a fireman?

Theyre selling portraits for $20 to raise money for the wildlife down there, i bought 2 :)

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
There has been a fair bit of coverage lately here in Australia, about American fundamentalist preachers claiming that the recent bushfires were god's punishment for a whole range of things the preachers claim are going on in Australia. One even went so far as to say he hoped "more Australian would be burned alive."

To us (Australians) this is creepy to the point where it is indistinguishable from Islamic fundamentalists calling down a jihad.

What do others think?

The fundamentalist preachers should be the ones burning. Makes me sick to my stomach and angry as hell.

Just try to keep reminding people that there are crazy people everywhere. Same evil, different flavors. America was founded by the Prudes, I mean eh Puritans er Pilgrims or whatever... so we happen to have a lot of that flavor of crazy.

I never payed attention in History btw. :D

*EDIT* I am shocked and amazed to see that this wasn't an american fundamentalist preacher. I guess they are spreading.

Last edited:

Renji

There has been a fair bit of coverage lately here in Australia, about American fundamentalist preachers claiming that the recent bushfires were god's punishment for a whole range of things the preachers claim are going on in Australia. One even went so far as to say he hoped "more Australian would be burned alive."

To us (Australians) this is creepy to the point where it is indistinguishable from Islamic fundamentalists calling down a jihad.

What do others think?

Well that was the most horrible idea that I've ever heard. Those fires are caused by nature and probably because of man's activities that can contribute to climate change (too much heat can cause bush fires). God has nothing to do with it.

Heneni

Miss Independent
If people think that these bushfires which killed more than 200 people is gods wrath ....then i dont know...what is a stepp up from wrath. Major wrath? Which is coming. That would be water turning into blood, major earthquakes, plagues on a GLOBAL scale. I wonder if anybody would be able to mistake that for a coincidence. I think perhaps while the events ushered in by the trumpets in revelations take place people might still wonder..but when the bowls are poured out there will be nobody who doubts whether it is the wrath of god or not. So just be patient. You will see the wrath of god, and you will be pretty sure and confident that it is the ACTUAL wrath of god. It will be obvious.

Heneni

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If people think that these bushfires which killed more than 200 people is gods wrath ....then i dont know...what is a stepp up from wrath. Major wrath? Which is coming. That would be water turning into blood, major earthquakes, plagues on a GLOBAL scale. I wonder if anybody would be able to mistake that for a coincidence. I think perhaps while the events ushered in by the trumpets in revelations take place people might still wonder..but when the bowls are poured out there will be nobody who doubts whether it is the wrath of god or not. So just be patient. You will see the wrath of god, and you will be pretty sure and confident that it is the ACTUAL wrath of god. It will be obvious.

Heneni

Will people run strait into walls and turn into accordions?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Heneni

Thats amusing. You talk of things you have actively denied in other threads when speaking about evolution and abortion/population control. Our demise at the current rate of supply/demand will be a plague caused by the decimation of our food sources. We're standing on thin ice right now.

As for water turning into blood? Blood is healthy, it contains lots of iron :)

Humans are the cause of the human demise. God has nothing to do with it. If God wants to punish us for disobeying his will, he's not the God we thought he was.

The belief that our demise will be God's wrath is rather naive.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Thats amusing. You talk of things you have actively denied in other threads when speaking about evolution and abortion/population control. Our demise at the current rate of supply/demand will be a plague caused by the decimation of our food sources. We're standing on thin ice right now.

As for water turning into blood? Blood is healthy, it contains lots of iron :)

Humans are the cause of the human demise. God has nothing to do with it. If God wants to punish us for disobeying his will, he's not the God we thought he was.

The belief that our demise will be God's wrath is rather naive.

Its the same kind of argument as 'what will be proof enough for you that god exists'.

If there is not sufficient proof now that god is real (for some), then i suppose the same kind of problem would present itself with gods wrath. 'Is this proof of gods wrath'. Well if you dont believe in god then there should be not wondering. But if you do believe in god, then it presents a problem. And the thing is...that in the book of revelations it clearly says that everybody on the earth KNOWS that the wrath has come. It is ushered in by an event that makes people so afraid and scared that the hide themselves in caves and mountains. And the bible says that everybody will know its the wrath of god that has come. So....im thinking that we dont have to wonder whether these bush fires are gods wrath its not. If it was we would all know that it was.

Heneni

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Its the same kind of argument as 'what will be proof enough for you that god exists'.

If there is not sufficient proof now that god is real (for some), then i suppose the same kind of problem would present itself with gods wrath. 'Is this proof of gods wrath'. Well if you dont believe in god then there should be not wondering. But if you do believe in god, then it presents a problem. And the thing is...that in the book of revelations it clearly says that everybody on the earth KNOWS that the wrath has come. It is ushered in by an event that makes people so afraid and scared that the hide themselves in caves and mountains. And the bible says that everybody will know its the wrath of god that has come. So....im thinking that we dont have to wonder whether these bush fires are gods wrath its not. If it was we would all know that it was.

Heneni

The book of revelations has absolutely no bearing on the facts of this discussion. If a Walt Disney story said "God is a lie," does that have any bearing on the facts?

My problem is there is sufficient evidence to support everything discussed. Why must people take a "God Stance" on everything? Why does God play a part in everything when there are actually logical alternatives? Why is a plague caused by demand for food outstripping supply due to overpopulation called Gods wrath? Do you still think earthquakes and lightning is God being angry? The same can be said about bush fires. Statistics here would indicate lightning strikes, cigarette butts and arson as practically 100% of bushfires. I wonder whether God's wrath is on the list of statistics?

We're advanced enough as a race to rule God out as a cause for our own apocalypse.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
The book of revelations has absolutely no bearing on the facts of this discussion. If a Walt Disney story said "God is a lie," does that have any bearing on the facts?

My problem is there is sufficient evidence to support everything discussed. Why must people take a "God Stance" on everything? Why does God play a part in everything when there are actually logical alternatives? Why is a plague caused by demand for food outstripping supply due to overpopulation called Gods wrath? Do you still think earthquakes and lightning is God being angry?

We're advanced enough as a race to rule God out as a cause for our own apocalypse.

Are you having a bad day? The wrath of god is described in detail in revelation. And IN it...god help us...it says that EVERYBODY will know when the wrath has come. So since nobody is quites sure if these bush fires are from god or not ,we can savely say that it is not.

Let me check the Thread title: YES...it does say...Australian bushfires - Gods wrath?

So what? You want to keep god out of the tread?

Whatever!

Heneni

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Are you having a bad day? The wrath of god is described in detail in revelation. And IN it...god help us...it says that EVERYBODY will know when the wrath has come. So since nobody is quites sure if these bush fires are from god or not ,we can savely say that it is not.

Let me check the Thread title: YES...it does say...Australian bushfires - Gods wrath?

So what? You want to keep god out of the tread?

Whatever!

Heneni

From past discussions you should know my level of respect for the "truth" in the bible.

I just find it amusing that God is capable of infiltrating serious topics. Perhaps in general discussions a thread is required so we don't hear about how we're all f***** because the bible says so.

It amazes me how people can claim God has a hand in everything regardless of the evidence. To claim God had a hand in these fires is so rediculous its an insult to the people who have lost everything.

The hard truth is that this is Australia, thunderstorms cause fires when dead scrub is not cleared every 3 years like it should be. Then there are stupid people who like to cause devastation and light more fires. What possesses them to do it who knows? Maybe we should light them on fire and see how they like it? Its giving us all a scare. This could happen again. 2/3 of my state (Queensland) is flooded, is that God's wrath also? To drown 40 people and destroy our most productive crops?

Heneni

Miss Independent
I just find it amusing that God is capable of infiltrating serious topics. Perhaps in general discussions a thread is required so we don't hear about how we're all f***** because the bible says so.

I know i should not be ROFLMAO...but why do you think the bible says you are all f * * * * *.? How many people are in your We?

Put it this way....when the wrath comes and it will...there will be more people repenting in an hour than in 2000 years. That sounds pretty good and not like most people will be f * * * * *. But lets not be presumptious. People WILL be shivering in their boats, fainting, and their knees tottering. Yes...but that is natural.

Heneni

Last edited: