• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australian Bushfires - God's Wrath?

rojse

RF Addict
The belief that our demise will be God's wrath is rather naive.

Humans are doing a far better job of killing themselves than what God could ever do. We have people dying of malnutrition and others dying of overconsumption. Who else but humans could come up with such a dastardly situation? All god has to do at this point in time is sit and watch.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Humans are doing a far better job of killing themselves than what God could ever do. We have people dying of malnutrition and others dying of overconsumption. Who else but humans could come up with such a dastardly situation? All god has to do at this point in time is sit and watch.

YEH! WELL SAID. What if gods wrath is precisely for that reason. His wrath on mankind who have screwed things up royally. He did not give us this planet in a mess...did he?

Heneni

rojse

RF Addict
YEH! WELL SAID. What if gods wrath is precisely for that reason. His wrath on mankind who have screwed things up royally. He did not give us this planet in a mess...did he?

Heneni

What? God says "You're all doing your best to kill yourself, but I'm going to go about it instead."

It's like the story in "The Sicilian" where the Mafia hoods kill their enemy which is already dying.

Heneni

Miss Independent
What? God says "You're all doing your best to kill yourself, but I'm going to go about it instead."

It's like the story in "The Sicilian" where the Mafia hoods kill their enemy which is already dying.

:slap: ....I have to say that i think its more to do with sex actually.. I think he finds what we do here on this earth disgusting. If you left a pie in the sun and the flies lie eggs in it and the wormies start to eat on it...YUCK ..do you destroy it.. or keep it? We were given a pie...with no flies...but the evil spirits have laid there 'eggs' here and we have become infested.

Heneni

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
:slap: ....I have to say that i think its more to do with sex actually.. I think he finds what we do here on this earth disgusting.

So god created sex, made it pleasurable and gave us libidos, and then turns around and finds it disgusting? Some people sure do like to cook up some wacky depictions of god.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I know i should not be ROFLMAO...but why do you think the bible says you are all f * * * * *.? How many people are in your We?

Put it this way....when the wrath comes and it will...there will be more people repenting in an hour than in 2000 years. That sounds pretty good and not like most people will be f * * * * *. But lets not be presumptious. People WILL be shivering in their boats, fainting, and their knees tottering. Yes...but that is natural.

Heneni

Im sorry but this is just silly. People will repent because they don't know the facts. We're killing ourselves not God, if there is a God and he deserves any blame its because he is not stopping us from doing so. For some they're worried that population alignment.... err.... i mean Christianity is actually true.

Your view of the future is bleak, i thought it was God's way to ignore inconvenient facts of life?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

I find it strange that people can so easily deny that the world is overpopulated. Even more so that we will starve to death because of the trend we're used to. That trend being food is superflous and readily avaliable. I cant wait for a real oil crisis.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Im sorry but this is just silly. People will repent because they don't know the facts. We're killing ourselves not God, if there is a God and he deserves any blame its because he is not stopping us from doing so. For some they're worried that population alignment.... err.... i mean Christianity is actually true.

Your view of the future is bleak, i thought it was God's way to ignore inconvenient facts of life?

We are killing ourselves. Great. How wonderful. So now god is off the hook! I dont think its that simple hun. You dont recognise the one who created all this stuff. If i bake a cake i can smash it...paint it...squish it...decorate it...its my cake i can do with it what i want. So can god...maybe he would have spared it...but its getting a bit ugly with all the worms.

Do you know why the population is getting so big? Because every single wicked spirit that has ever existed must be on this earth when the wrath comes. Hence...satan loves to abort children...he does not want the last one to be born...cause then his time would be up. But reincarnation is happening faster now than it ever has before.

Nobody is going to get it easy and escape wrath. That would be completley unfair. While some are drinking blood, and having to distill their urine to give their babies water to drink instead of blood for as long as they can, the rest cant be lying in the grave sleeping away!

And why does gods wrath come on this world. Because of their sick predisposition, and their utter lack of wisdom and understanding. Which he said..he would give to ANYBODY who asks.

Heneni

gnostic

The Lost One
It is strange that these American fundies think the US is a godless country, when the atheists and other non-theists are tiny minority when compared to the majority of Christians. I supposed the US is not Christian enough to satisfy them.

challupa

Its the same kind of argument as 'what will be proof enough for you that god exists'.

If there is not sufficient proof now that god is real (for some), then i suppose the same kind of problem would present itself with gods wrath. 'Is this proof of gods wrath'. Well if you dont believe in god then there should be not wondering. But if you do believe in god, then it presents a problem. And the thing is...that in the book of revelations it clearly says that everybody on the earth KNOWS that the wrath has come. It is ushered in by an event that makes people so afraid and scared that the hide themselves in caves and mountains. And the bible says that everybody will know its the wrath of god that has come. So....im thinking that we dont have to wonder whether these bush fires are gods wrath its not. If it was we would all know that it was.

Heneni
I believe that it will never be God's wrath that is our demise. It will be our own wrath that will be our demise. I tell you this, many people will be hiding in the mountains and caves if we ever are faced with nuclear threats. It has just been shown that Iran can launch a satillite so they have the technology to launch a missile to anywhere in the world. They are also upping their agenda on making enough uranium that is high enough grade for nuclear weapons. They used to say a few years before they reached this point, that has been upgraded to a few months. So like the fires in Australia, which some were started by man's hand, the threats you call god's wrath could very well by "Iran's" wrath. Don't kid yourself, we are more than capable of bringing wrath down on our own heads all by ourselves. We don't need God to do it for us.

challupa

Do you know why the population is getting so big? Because every single wicked spirit that has ever existed must be on this earth when the wrath comes. Hence...satan loves to abort children...he does not want the last one to be born...cause then his time would be up. But reincarnation is happening faster now than it ever has before.
This paragraph makes totally no sense. If satan does not want children to stop being born because then his job is over, why would he love to abort children???:confused: Don't you see how twisted that logic is?

Heneni

Miss Independent
I believe that it will never be God's wrath that is our demise. It will be our own wrath that will be our demise. I tell you this, many people will be hiding in the mountains and caves if we ever are faced with nuclear threats. It has just been shown that Iran can launch a satillite so they have the technology to launch a missile to anywhere in the world. They are also upping their agenda on making enough uranium that is high enough grade for nuclear weapons. They used to say a few years before they reached this point, that has been upgraded to a few months. So like the fires in Australia, which some were started by man's hand, the threats you call god's wrath could very well by "Iran's" wrath. Don't kid yourself, we are more than capable of bringing wrath down on our own heads all by ourselves. We don't need God to do it for us.

Well you are indeed right. The wrath of god, is justice. And a man reaps what he sows. But god is the god of the seasons, and determines the times and seasons. So if there has been a season to sow, then the time for reaping must come. So the wrath of god, is mans reaping season. Now if god had prolonged the reaping season..it would be called mercy. We have been having mercy for about 2000 years now. It is god who keeps the bowls of wrath tipping over. But when the bible says that gods comes with warth it means he arranges for the season of reaping. And yes...if mankind has lived by the sword, they will die by the sword. Their own sword. I dont completely dismiss the idea that gods wrath on this world, is simply the reaping of mankind the harvest of that which they have sown. I also think that it has to do with a much larger plot and plan of eternal and cosmic proportions. And in the days of noah, when god had had enough, he did make an end to wickedness, but he did not destroy all mankind. He saved a remnant. As you know there will be a new earth as well. The meek shall inherit the new earth. I suppose they are the people who helped look after the old one.

heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
This paragraph makes totally no sense. If satan does not want children to stop being born because then his job is over, why would he love to abort children???:confused: Don't you see how twisted that logic is?

The number of the beast....has been identified as everything from a chip to a pin to a frog. But allow me to add my three sents worth. It is also the NUMBER of man on this earth. A number of people on this earth.

Im sorry ..did i not type it correctlly....let me check.... no i did type it right. When the full measure of man appointed for gods wrath are born...the end will come. So what does he do? He kills them in the womb. But as i said....reincarnation takes place much faster than it has before. And for every child killed another is born, eventually that spirit will be born to a mother that will not abort it. The reason that nobody knows the time and hour, is because god is the only one who has control over who enters here and who doesnt. By here i mean who is born on the earth and who dies. So only he knows when the number has been reached. I believe that number to be 66.6 billion people. According to some sources we have past it alread...but not all deaths are recorded and neither are all births.

Heneni

challupa

The number of the beast....has been identified as everything from a chip to a pin to a frog. But allow me to add my three sents worth. It is also the NUMBER of man on this earth. A number of people on this earth.

Im sorry ..did i not type it correctlly....let me check.... no i did type it right. When the full measure of man appointed for gods wrath are born...the end will come. So what does he do? He kills them in the womb. But as i said....reincarnation takes place much faster than it has before. And for every child killed another is born, eventually that spirit will be born to a mother that will not abort it. The reason that nobody knows the time and hour, is because god is the only one who has control over who enters here and who doesnt. By here i mean who is born on the earth and who dies. So only he knows when the number has been reached. I believe that number to be 66.6 billion people. According to some sources we have past it alread...but not all deaths are recorded and neither are all births.

Heneni
Well I know I still don't really understand, but I think we have hijacked this thread a little by going off the topic of the Australian wildfires. So back on topic...

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The fires were the result of poor management practice.

By stopping all the natural fires, that clear out brush and debris they allowed the fuel load to build up.
Once a fire starts there is no way to stop it. It is the same problem that faces the western forests in places like Colorado. Only exaggerated by the fact that there haven't been any major fires previously in Australia to move through.

This was mans mistake, god had nothing to do with it. Many forests need fire. People don't like sparse natural forests, because they don't look "foresty" enough. They don't like brush fires because they make the neighborhood look icky for a while.
30 years of fire suppression has a price. The true horror of the fires was that it was avoidable.

wa:do

challupa

By stopping all the natural fires, that clear out brush and debris they allowed the fuel load to build up.
Once a fire starts there is no way to stop it. It is the same problem that faces the western forests in places like Colorado. Only exaggerated by the fact that there haven't been any major fires previously in Australia to move through.

This was mans mistake, god had nothing to do with it. Many forests need fire. People don't like sparse natural forests, because they don't look "foresty" enough. They don't like brush fires because they make the neighborhood look icky for a while.
30 years of fire suppression has a price. The true horror of the fires was that it was avoidable.

Yes we saw that fact in the fires in the Okanagan Valley around Kelowna BC a few years ago. Also around Kamloops. Canada is starting to take heed of this and doing their burning more frequently now. We have been putting out fires as soon as they start in the past, but now we are realizing that we need to have more controlled burning or we will only contribute to out of control burn. It doesn't help though when people decide to start fires for the heck of it like in Oz.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Absolutely... Arsonists go from a menace to mass murderers quickly.

I hope that guy gets the book thrown at him. A really big heavy book.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Frubals!