• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad things about Christianity

adilrockstar

I am starting this thread to find out what things people do not like about Christianity. Also I want to find out what draws people to other Religions.

What do you not like about Christianity?
How does your Religion differ?
What drew you to your Religion?

I am a Christian and there is nothing that I personally do not like about it.
The Love is what drew me to it, also the personal relationship that you can have with God and the Messiah.

God Bless

Adil

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:

Most of the things I don't like about Christianity refers to it's followers in general, but I don't think that's what you're getting at :). I don't like the whole Hell concept. It makes no sense to me and is contrary to a loving God.

Mine is different because there is no Hell, we pay for our "sins" right here on Earth through the laws of Karma.

Many wonderful things drew me to where I am, mainly it outlines a lot of the beliefs I already had, so I was already Pagan/Wiccan, I just didnt' know it :)

Faint

I personally do not like Christianity (or any religion that stems from the Old Testament) because, to quote Richard Dawkins,
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Dawkins said:
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Yes, but what do you really think about Him, Mr. Dawkins?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I am not going to say that there is anything “bad” about Christianity, rather that it is simply based on some assertions that I cannot personally accept. I do not accept the existence of a personal “God”. I don’t believe in a man who was either the “Son of God” or “God” incarnate who died so this “God” would be able to forgive humanity, and then came back to life. And I don’t believe in the existence of something called a soul that somehow allows human consciousness to exist when the brain no longer functions. There is nothing necessarily “bad” about any of these things, but I personally see no reason to believe they are true.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Ask Richard Dawkins......His interpretation is bound to be right. It should be quite a long list....Good luck.....:run: .......:shout

Hacker

adilrockstar said:
Well there are a lot of things in Christianity that I don't agree with, for one, the concept of a loving God(supposively)sending any of his creation to eternal damnation, the sadistic acts of sacrifice being the only way to allow for our sins to be forgiven, I may edit this post.
I choose not to follow any religion.
What drew me to my own beliefs is some of the teachings in Christianity, particularly the angry vengeful God.
I am a Christian and there is nothing that I personally do not like about it.
That's great:) , and admirable, unfortunately I can't find anything that I like about Christianity.(except for some of Jesus's teachings).

Quiddity

tlcmel said:
That's great:) , and admirable, unfortunately I can't find anything I like about Christianity.(except for Jesus's teachings).

Buawhahahaha....:biglaugh:

Good one.

Hacker

Victor said:
Buawhahahaha....:biglaugh:

Good one.
What do you mean good one? Some of Jesus's teachings that I'm referring to are not of the angry vengeful God of the new testament. SO what's so funny?

gnostic

The Lost One
Every religions have their share of bad apples. There are bad Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc.

Even atheists have their share of bad apples...and there are some bad agnostics too.

:sheep: What? :eek: There's no such thing as bad agnostics or good agnostics. He is neutral. :mad:

Beside, good and bad are subjective, and depending on one perspective. Even, neutralness is a matter of sujective perspective. :shrug:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I personally don't think there is one single solitary thing wrong with Christianity, but I definitely think that the way some Christians "promote" it could be quite a turn off for non-Christians!

Quiddity

tlcmel said:
What do you mean good one? Some of Jesus's teachings that I'm referring to are not of the angry vengeful God of the new testament. SO what's so funny?

Oh sorry, I thought you meant it as a joke. When you say "Jesus teachings" it is like saying you are Christian. It can mean everything from love your neighbor to the smallest details. It's just too vague.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Sunstone said:
Christianity has at different times and places been quite intolerant of other religions.
I beg to differ. Christians have, at different times and places, been quite intolerant of other religions. I see Christianity, or the gospel of Jesus Christ, as being very inclusive, but many of His professed followers to be quite exclusive. He taught us to love our enemies; that is true Christianity and that will never change.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Katzpur said:
I beg to differ. Christians have, at different times and places, been quite intolerant of other religions. I see Christianity, or the gospel of Jesus Christ, as being very inclusive, but many of His professed followers to be quite exclusive.

Including Paul?