• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad things about Christianity

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
adilrockstar said:
The argument stemmed from a member on this thread saying that the Bible teaches that Christ is Satan. I simply stated that was not true. They were mis-interpreting the Bible. I was trying to straighten out the confusion. Then this member kept on making argument over the "specifics" of the name.

It all started with an incorrect interpretation from another member that I was trying to clear up.

Actually, the start of this topic was someone asked you where the term "lucifer" originated, after you said Lucifer is the "new name" for Satan.
Start with post 184.

adilrockstar

doppelgänger said:
False. Nobody on this thread said any such thing.
Originally Posted by doppelgänger
BTW, the latin "joke" about the verse I quoted is that the passage is 2 Peter 1:19 from the Vulgate. The word "lucifer" in that passage is referring to . . . .

. . . Jesus!

So, according to the Bible, Jesus is "lucifer." :D

Guess you forgot.

gnostic

The Lost One
adilrockstar said:
BTW, the latin "joke" about the verse I quoted is that the passage is 2 Peter 1:19 from the Vulgate. The word "lucifer" in that passage is referring to . . . .

. . . Jesus!

There is also reference of Jesus linked to Lucifer in Revelation:

Revelation 22:16 said:
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Lucifer is afterall the "Morning Star".

SoyLeche

meh...
adilrockstar said:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger

. . . Jesus!

Guess you forgot.
That post was on the 3rd page of this tangent. It didn't start it by any means.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
adilrockstar said:
This thread is off topic.

Please return to thread topic.

I think we are still demonstrating a "bad thing about Christianity." So it seems like it's quite on topic.

adilrockstar

doppelgänger said:
I think we are still demonstrating a "bad thing about Christianity." So it seems like it's quite on topic.

I can see that you just want to argue for pride. It is personal with you. I am going to ignore you from now on. Just letting you know, so you don't waste your time trying to debate with me.

God Bless

Adil

SoyLeche

meh...
adilrockstar said:
I can see that you just want to argue for pride. It is personal with you. I am going to ignore you from now on. Just letting you know, so you don't waste your time trying to debate with me.

God Bless

Adil
I'm going to end up getting on your ignore list too - and this post may very well be deleted by the mods, but...

Is it really that hard for you to admit that you were wrong?

adilrockstar

SoyLeche said:
I'm going to end up getting on your ignore list too - and this post may very well be deleted by the mods, but...

Is it really that hard for you to admit that you were wrong?

The main point is that this is OFF TOPIC. I have asked to return to topic. This thread was derailed over a pointless argument. This thread has been created for a more important reason, than to bicker over a name. I don't want to waste anymore time arguing about it. Wrong or right it is pointless.

God Bless

Adil

SoyLeche

meh...
adilrockstar said:
The main point is that this is OFF TOPIC. I have asked to return to topic. This thread was derailed over a pointless argument. This thread has been created for a more important reason, than to bicker over a name. I don't want to waste anymore time arguing about it. Wrong or right it is pointless.

God Bless

Adil
A simple "yes" would have sufficed.