• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad things about Christianity

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
MaddLlama said:
I'm a talking llama...does that count? :D

Hmm... *ponders this deeply* I think llama-kind are perfectly acceptable, but that it could be difficult to post with cloven feet. As long as you don't have an outer-space alien typing your posts for you, we should be okay!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Feathers in Hair said:
Hmm... *ponders this deeply* I think llama-kind are perfectly acceptable, but that it could be difficult to post with cloven feet. As long as you don't have an outer-space alien typing your posts for you, we should be okay!

I have a cat with thumbs...she takes dictation :p

I have a really cute cartoon of a llama knitting...I should put it on my user-page.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
adilrockstar said:
I do not find any humor in your "joke". I find it repulsive.

God Bless

Adil
Except that it's true, dude.

The first mention of "lucifer" in any scripture was Jerome's Vulgate. It wasn't in the Hebrew of the Old Testament, because the Old Testament in in Hebrew :rolleyes:. And "Lucifer" is latin.

So "lucifer" first appears as Jerome's replacement for "morning star" or "day star" both in Isaiah and in 2 Peter 1. In the latter, the word "lucifer" is used to refer to Jesus. That's simply a fact.

Sorry, but Jesus is "lucifer" according the Bible. It's really not a "joke" other than to the extent that it reveals the inanity of thinking that "Satan changed his name to 'Lucifer,'" which just shows ignorance of the Bible and its history.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
adilrockstar said:
You have not had an opportunity to read the other post's in other threads. This person has just antagonized me. They want to debate and don't read my responses. I can tell them something and they don't even read it. They just fire out attacks. They have wasted my time over and over. They have also frustrated me to the point that I got a warning for a rude comment directed to them. After I got the warning I put em on ignore. Don't need any problems because of this member.
I do not want to debate.
Iall I is the version of the Bible and the verse that indicate that Lucifer was his name before Rome was built.

Since I have shown in another post the versions I have that do and the versions I have that do not contain the word 'Lucifier' AND the one and only verse in the versions that do have the word 'Lucifer.'

Since I fail to see how that verse shows that God named Lucifier Lucifer before Rome was built, I was asking for the version and verse of the Bible he uses.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
adilrockstar said:
My Bible tells me Lucifer was His name before Rome was ever built.

This is really a pointless argument.

God Bless

Adil

Did you even read what I posted. I just showed you why you are wrong and where the incorrect belief comes from. It is not your fault that it is in the Bible, but you should try to understand WHY it is in the Bible. Once you understand that it is a mistake in translation, then you can understand why people are arguing against you. The fact of the matter is that I am 100% right about the Lucifer issue. This isn't a matter of opinion, but one of fact. Now, unless you can show that the facts are different than I have presented them, I cannot see how you can continue to hold to your mistaken belief.

It is not enough to read the Bible. It must be studied so that you can understand, not what it means to you now, but what it meant when it was written. You must also take the time to understand the content's manifestation through a long and complicated history of translation and interpretation. There is nothing wrong with admitting that you are wrong on this one. It is not your fault.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
adilrockstar said:
I am starting this thread to find out what things people do not like about Christianity. Also I want to find out what draws people to other Religions.

OK. :)

What do you not like about Christianity?

I have very little emotions regarding Christianity: the Institution. The teachings of Jesus, on the other hand, are inspirational for me to lead a better life today than I did yesterday.

How does your Religion differ?

Tibetan Buddhism differs on many things from the cosmology of Christianity, such as the non-belief of God and that karma trumps beliefs when determining fortune or misfortune.

What drew you to your Religion?

My path began growing up as a Roman Catholic, then I considered myself "born again" as a Charismatic Evangelical Christian for four years, then I left the Christian community for what I felt to be too much hypocrisy and too little of the "fruits" of the beliefs.........I then found Zen Buddhism that healed my anger and bitterness toward my Christian past and helped me to see it with new eyes and with a new appreciation for the foundation it set. Tibetan Buddhism gives me a certain kind of pageantry that I liked from my Catholic youth. I have practiced Vajrayana for a little more than two years...........going on three now.

I am a Christian and there is nothing that I personally do not like about it.
The Love is what drew me to it, also the personal relationship that you can have with God and the Messiah.

God Bless

Adil

Fantabulous. :flower: I applaud any follower to continue with a religion when it constantly reveals happiness and charitable living to that follower.

Peace,
Mystic

adilrockstar

doppelgänger said:
Except that it's true, dude.

The first mention of "lucifer" in any scripture was Jerome's Vulgate. It wasn't in the Hebrew of the Old Testament, because the Old Testament in in Hebrew :rolleyes:. And "Lucifer" is latin.

So "lucifer" first appears as Jerome's replacement for "morning star" or "day star" both in Isaiah and in 2 Peter 1. In the latter, the word "lucifer" is used to refer to Jesus. That's simply a fact.

Sorry, but Jesus is "lucifer" according the Bible. It's really not a "joke" other than to the extent that it reveals the inanity of thinking that "Satan changed his name to 'Lucifer,'" which just shows ignorance of the Bible and its history.

For a Non-Christian you sure seem obsessed with Christianity.

adilrockstar

Radio Frequency X said:
Did you even read what I posted. I just showed you why you are wrong and where the incorrect belief comes from. It is not your fault that it is in the Bible, but you should try to understand WHY it is in the Bible. Once you understand that it is a mistake in translation, then you can understand why people are arguing against you. The fact of the matter is that I am 100% right about the Lucifer issue. This isn't a matter of opinion, but one of fact. Now, unless you can show that the facts are different than I have presented them, I cannot see how you can continue to hold to your mistaken belief.

It is not enough to read the Bible. It must be studied so that you can understand, not what it means to you now, but what it meant when it was written. You must also take the time to understand the content's manifestation through a long and complicated history of translation and interpretation. There is nothing wrong with admitting that you are wrong on this one. It is not your fault.

As I said before this is a pointless arguement. Who cares the exact name. I know He had a name and that name was changed. Who cares what the exact original name was. It was a name that got changed to another name. Who really cares. It makes no difference.

God Bless

Adil

adilrockstar

Radio Frequency X said:

As I said before this is a pointless arguement. Who cares the exact name. I know He had a name and that name was changed. Who cares what the exact original name was. It was a name that got changed to another name. Who really cares. It makes no difference.

God Bless

Adil

adilrockstar

MysticSang'ha said:
OK. :)

I have very little emotions regarding Christianity: the Institution. The teachings of Jesus, on the other hand, are inspirational for me to lead a better life today than I did yesterday.

Tibetan Buddhism differs on many things from the cosmology of Christianity, such as the non-belief of God and that karma trumps beliefs when determining fortune or misfortune.

My path began growing up as a Roman Catholic, then I considered myself "born again" as a Charismatic Evangelical Christian for four years, then I left the Christian community for what I felt to be too much hypocrisy and too little of the "fruits" of the beliefs.........I then found Zen Buddhism that healed my anger and bitterness toward my Christian past and helped me to see it with new eyes and with a new appreciation for the foundation it set. Tibetan Buddhism gives me a certain kind of pageantry that I liked from my Catholic youth. I have practiced Vajrayana for a little more than two years...........going on three now.

Fantabulous. :flower: I applaud any follower to continue with a religion when it constantly reveals happiness and charitable living to that follower.

Peace,
Mystic

Thank You for sharing.

God Bless

Adil

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
adilrockstar said:

God Bless

Adil

So, as a Christian you are unconcerned with scholarship, and the history of part of your religion and holy book are "pointless"? It makes no difference to read a holy text knowing the history and etymologies of certain words? Everything in the Bible should simply be taken at face value?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:

God Bless

Adil

Would you care if Charles Manson changed his name if he got released and started wreaking havoc again?

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
adilrockstar said:

God Bless

Adil

It makes quite a bit of difference. Saying "x", when you mean "y" makes a difference. I just don't understand why, if you believed it made no difference, you made the argument in the first place. But, consider the issue dropped.

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
Would you care if Charles Manson changed his name if he got released and started wreaking havoc again?

The difference is that Satan doesn't even need a name. We cannot see Him. He is not a human.

adilrockstar

Radio Frequency X said:
It makes quite a bit of difference. Saying "x", when you mean "y" makes a difference. I just don't understand why, if you believed it made no difference, you made the argument in the first place. But, consider the issue dropped.

The argument stemmed from a member on this thread saying that the Bible teaches that Christ is Satan. I simply stated that was not true. They were mis-interpreting the Bible. I was trying to straighten out the confusion. Then this member kept on making argument over the "specifics" of the name.

It all started with an incorrect interpretation from another member that I was trying to clear up.

God Bless

Adil

adilrockstar

doppelgänger said:
Did anyone tell Satan about that?

I don't uderstand what you are tying to gain by making comments like that. If you continue to be a TROLL I will start reporting you. Your comments are just antagonistic.

God Bless

Adil

wmam

And here I thought the true interpretation back into the Greek of this jesus was either son of zeus or healer of zeus. Where did Ha Satan come into all this?