• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What a ridiculous waste of time. Seriously, they don't have anything more important to do for the people of the state of Arkansas????

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Question is, how do you milk a weasel?
You have to grab the nipples and tweak them. You can milk anything with nipples:

There are males and transgendermales, no 'cis' needed unless the world male confuses you.
Have you heard of retronyms? "a new term created from an existing word in order to distinguish it from the meaning that has emerged through progress or technological development (e.g., cloth diaper is a retronym necessitated by the fact that diaper now more commonly refers to a disposable diaper)."

The word male is ambiguous now. If somebody tells you they are male today, you don't know if they mean cis or trans. Once, skiing meant snow, then came water skiing and with it, the retronym snow skiing. Once, guitars were only acoustic instruments. then came electric guitars and with them, the retronym acoustic guitar. Paper towels. AM radio. Snail mail. Cellular phone. Digital watch. World War I. Whole milk. Instant coffee. Automatic transmission. Classic Coke.
I know what a male is and what a transmale is. Which confuses you?
Male. Once males were only organisms with Y-chromosomes. Now, there are XX males, and with them, the retronym cis-males, making the original term ambiguous. See above.
where are my insults?
Here are a couple to get you started:
  • Your wife went to see her doctor. He told her she had VD and gave himself a shot of penicillin.
  • Underestimate you? Don't be ridiculous. That would be impossible.

We Never Know

No Slack
You have to grab the nipples and tweak them. You can milk anything with nipples:

Have you heard of retronyms? "a new term created from an existing word in order to distinguish it from the meaning that has emerged through progress or technological development (e.g., cloth diaper is a retronym necessitated by the fact that diaper now more commonly refers to a disposable diaper)."

The word male is ambiguous now. If somebody tells you they are male today, you don't know if they mean cis or trans. Once, skiing meant snow, then came water skiing and with it, the retronym snow skiing. Once, guitars were only acoustic instruments. then came electric guitars and with them, the retronym acoustic guitar. Paper towels. AM radio. Snail mail. Cellular phone. Digital watch. World War I. Whole milk. Instant coffee. Automatic transmission. Classic Coke.

Male. Once males were only organisms with Y-chromosomes. Now, there are XX males, and with them, the retronym cis-males, making the original term ambiguous. See above.

Here are a couple to get you started:
  • Your wife went to see her doctor. He told her she had VD and gave himself a shot of penicillin.

"Here are a couple to get you started:

WTH is that lol

Nevermind. Now that I had more time to read it, its insults to me,(my insults) lol

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
So how are we supposed to talk about pregnant persons who aren't women, exactly?

Rhetorical question - we'll do it anyway, because this "law" is a walking first amendment violation that won't last the decade.

Can you describe an example of such a person? Seems like when it becomes possible, it will be an incredibly rare occurrence, why not give it it's own phrase? Why muddy the linguistic waters?

icehorse

Premium Member
I'm nkt confused. You are the one going on about total ridiculousness with totally fabrictated and bs claim that trans men are calling themselves men but insist you are a cisman.
This has been explained to you how many times and you still can't get it right? That's why people call you a transphobe because you aren't learning, you refuse to learn, but you are keeping up with the insults, lies and misrepresentations.

You're simply wrong. This is not natural evolution of language. Yours is an anti-liberal, religious war on language. It's not that we don't understand what you "tell us" - it's that we disagree and will not put up with it. This is a linguistic war you will lose.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You're simply wrong. This is not natural evolution of language. Yours is an anti-liberal, religious war on language. It's not that we don't understand what you "tell us" - it's that we disagree and will not put up with it. This is a linguistic war you will lose.
War? Religious war? My pet rock makes better arguments that are far less saturated in partisan drivel (and I don't have a pet rock):facepalm:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you describe an example of such a person?
You just did by using the word "person" which is sex and gender neutral.

Why muddy the linguistic waters?
Why insist on erasing entire categories of peoples from existence just because it inconveniences someone's simplistic, black-and-white view of reality? You are aware that one of the tools bigots use to discriminate and punish minority groups is by attempting to control language, right? I deal with the same crap as a Pagan whose theology and religion are countercultural compared to the mainstream - bigots attempting to control language and whining about me and other Pagans "redefining" and "muddying" things by being who we are and practicing our traditions. Flip that. The bigots need to get over it and deal with the fact that human diversity exists. I've lost count of how many game reviews I've read lately where some insecure bigot one starred a game because "oh noes pronouns!"

Man and woman are biological terms.
I think you meant "male" and "female."

icehorse

Premium Member
You just did by using the word "person" which is sex and gender neutral.
Of course I did. I do not know what kind of human individual (hence the word "person"), you are talking about. I still don't know, care to clarify your earlier statement?

Why insist on erasing entire categories of peoples from existence just because it inconveniences someone's simplistic, black-and-white view of reality?
How is calling a trans woman a trans woman erasing anything? It seems to be the opposite of that. It seems to be acknowledging the existence of a complex reality.

You are aware that one of the tools bigots use to discriminate and punish minority groups is by attempting to control language, right?

Yes I am. Are you aware that language control is also used by authoritarians, the religious, and many far left activists? We hear the liturgical chant over and over again: "trans women are women, trans women are women...". This is a text book example of authoritarians attempting to control language.

The bigots need to get over it and deal with the fact that human diversity exists.
Of course, but I'm not one of them. I simply refuse to acquiesce to far left authoritarians attempting language control. This gets back to my second question above: What is wrong with calling a trans woman a trans woman. Doesn't that explicitly acknowledge that diversity exists????

I think you meant "male" and "female."
Those are also biological terms. If you're struggling to find words to describe GENDER, you could start with masculine and feminine :)

icehorse

Premium Member
"Biology" isn't that simplistic.

For most practical purposes it is. If a trans woman is rushed to the ER, there are any number of medical interventions that will be adjusted based on the patient's biological sex. Are you saying the doctors should ignore biology and treat the patient based on their gender identity?