• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barack Hussein Obama is the Final Antichrist

Kurt31416

thats very differant than what Christians think. What is Jesus to Muslims?

He's the greatest previous prophet. He doesn't die on the cross, like other early Christian stories, not in the Bible, he tricks Judas into dying in his place, and rises into heaven alive. When the Mandi shows up, he comes down from heaven, subservient to the Mahdi, who is perfect in all ways like Muhammad and looks exactly like Muhammad. As the Mahdi's army sweeps the planet, Jesus, the enforcer, battles the Muslim version of the anti-Christ in the skies above.

Afterwords, the Mahdi digs up the original Ark, the Torah in Moses' handwriting and the true Gospel of Jesus and proves Islam was right all along. And with Jesus there to vouch for him, what can you say?

shortfade2

but of course you would say that. Have atheists answed how the earth was made? How nothing and nothing exploded to create something? How life came out of things that were not alive, and that that has NEVER been recreated.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
He's the greatest previous prophet. He doesn't die on the cross, like other early Christian stories, not in the Bible, he tricks Judas into dying in his place, and rises into heaven alive. When the Mandi shows up, he comes down from heaven, subservient to the Mahdi, who is perfect in all ways like Muhammad and looks exactly like Muhammad. As the Mahdi's army sweeps the planet, Jesus, the enforcer, battles the Muslim version of the anti-Christ in the skies above.

Afterwords, the Mahdi digs up the original Ark, the Torah in Moses' handwriting and the true Gospel of Jesus and proves Islam was right all along. And with Jesus there to vouch for him, what can you say?

Or maybe Jesus didn't rise into heaven at all. Maybe he actually did travel to India and die at the age of 80 as their records and archaeology suggests :D

shortfade2

I find that very interesting! What do you think about the Muslims who are not "true muslims" such as those who force others to be muslim by sword point.

Kurt31416

Or maybe Jesus didn't rise into heaven at all. Maybe he actually did travel to India and die at the age of 80 as their records and archaeology suggests :D

It was his "twin" brother Thomas, the disciple and author of the Gospel of Thomas that went to India. Lots of Thomas Christians still there.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
but of course you would say that. Have atheists answed how the earth was made? How nothing and nothing exploded to create something? How life came out of things that were not alive, and that that has NEVER been recreated.

Shortfade, although I believe in a Supreme being from which all has manifest, I do have disagree with you. What you have just written is not an accurate representation of modern scientific theory. I think that they have a very clear idea of how the universe came into being at begining, though they do not understand the CAUSE.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
It was his "twin" brother Thomas, the disciple and author of the Gospel of Thomas that went to India. Lots of Thomas Christians still there.

I have absolutely no idea if you are joking or not. If not, tell me more?

Kurt31416

I find that very interesting! What do you think about the Muslims who are not "true muslims" such as those who force others to be muslim by sword point.

Well, there's plenty of that in all religions, granted there's no Golden Rule for non-brothers in Islam, and that's a problem.

Keep in mind, the first thing people Paul and his Christians killed were the original followers of Jesus. Not the fault of the historical Jesus, and it in no way slanders his words.

Kurt31416

I have absolutely no idea if you are joking or not. If not, tell me more?

Well, "Thomas" means "Twin" in Aramaic. It was the nickname. The given name is Thomas, and like James he's Jesus' brother. None of the early stuff says he was Jesus' twin brother, but by a couple centuries later, a kinda goofy gospel called the Acts of Thomas (nothing to do with the Gospel of Thomas) said they were identical twins. It also said Thomas, identical twin of Jesus, went to India for this minor king no one had ever heard of. Then a few years ago, we found some coins with the king's name on it, dated to 40CE. Turns out the goofy gospel did have the name of a minor king in Inda from 200 years before correct, it might have had the rest of the story correct.

There's evidence of the Thomas Christians in India for close to 2000 years. They certainly think so. Most are now in Kerala in the south where there were Jews since before Jesus. Whe the Portugese first showed up centuries ago, the first thing they did is kill all the blasphemous Thomas Christians. The few surviviors converted to Christianity and refuse to talk about ever believing anything else. But steadfastly claim it was Thomas that came to teach them.

"Thomas Christians" and "India' will give you all kinds of sites, but the Thomas Christians ain't talking. All we know of the previous religion is that they said we are all Christs, all the children of the Father.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, "Thomas" means "Twin" in Aramaic. It was the nickname. The given name is Thomas, and like James he's Jesus' brother. None of the early stuff says he was Jesus' twin brother, but by a couple centuries later, a kinda goofy gospel called the Acts of Thomas (nothing to do with the Gospel of Thomas) said they were identical twins. It also said Thomas, identical twin of Jesus, went to India for this minor king no one had ever heard of. Then a few years ago, we found some coins with the king's name on it, dated to 40CE. Turns out the goofy gospel did have the name of a minor king in Inda from 200 years before correct, it might have had the rest of the story correct.

There's evidence of the Thomas Christians in India for close to 2000 years. They certainly think so. Most are now in Kerala in the south where there were Jews since before Jesus. Whe the Portugese first showed up centuries ago, the first thing they did is kill all the blasphemous Thomas Christians. The few surviviors converted to Christianity and refuse to talk about ever believing anything else. But steadfastly claim it was Thomas that came to teach them.

"Thomas Christians" and "India' will give you all kinds of sites, but the Thomas Christians ain't talking. All we know of the previous religion is that they said we are all Christs, all the children of the Father.

Wow, that is very interesting!

shortfade2

Well, there's plenty of that in all religions, granted there's no Golden Rule for non-brothers in Islam, and that's a problem.

Keep in mind, the first thing people Paul and his Christians killed were the original followers of Jesus. Not the fault of the historical Jesus, and it in no way slanders his words.

Well, yes, but Islam is the leading religion in terms of population, so are not most of them the ones that stand in crowds chanting Death to America? So do you frown upon them as the ones who are the majority of your population

Andal

resident hypnotist

You are refering to Thomas who went to the southern tip of India. While there he set up a community of Christians in Kerala who are today referred to as the Syriac or Malabar Christians (members of the Oriental Orthodox Church)

What Madhuri is referring to is a tradition that says that Jesus survived the crucifixion and was forced to flee Palestine. He traveled east into Kashmir where he lived, studied, and taught until he died at 80. Some local Muslims believe to have his tomb in that region where there is a man burried according to Jewish custom underneath a Sufi saint burried in the Islam custom.

I don't know if it's true or not but that is the story

Kurt31416

Wow, that is very interesting!

Hi Madhuri. Yes, I find it fascinating. I have read all over all the Thomas Christian sites, and the history, to try to figure out what they believed before the Portugese persecuted them, but it's a total blank, other than the "we are all the Christ/children of God." which sounds just like the ancient Gospel of Thomas.

If you ever learn anything of what they believed, let me know.

Kurt31416

Well, yes, but Islam is the leading religion in terms of population, so are not most of them the ones that stand in crowds chanting Death to America? So do you frown upon them as the ones who are the majority of your population

Christians are about 2.3 million, Islam about 1.3 million. Looks like the ones chanting death to America in Iran aren't the Iranian people or even the clergy, it's some Joe Stalin thugs.

Yes, currently in the modern world, Islam needs to be more tolerant, to once again lead the world like they did in the Dark Ages.