• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be Offended By the Post Above You

The Holy Bottom Burp

As a grammar Nazi I find your use of the American "offense" and the English "offence" in the same sentence offensive.

Edit: yeah, you don't have a silly American alternative for "offensive" do you Yanks? This is what happens when you fight against our glorious empire!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well that's offensive.... at least we spell things right and know a bonnet is something that goes on a woman head NOT on the "hood" of a car

The Holy Bottom Burp

Highly offensive;

hood
hʊd/
noun
  1. 1.
    a covering for the head and neck with an opening for the face, typically forming part of a coat or cloak.
    "a jacket with a detachable hood"
    synonyms: head covering, cowl, snood, scarf, head scarf
Sir, in my country nobody walks down the road with a large metal lid on their head!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
People use the term 'Highly' too frequently, so sometimes I complain about it. I try not to take it personally.

4consideration

Premium Member
Oh, well!

There's nothing quite like arrogance and overestimation of the quality of one's feeling of being offended.

What make you think you're better offended than the rest of us?

Couldn't you just admit to being "averagely" or "run of the mill" offended?

The Holy Bottom Burp

So we have to "try" now, rather than trot out a few platitudes with a couple of links to YouTube videos? Second time someone has broken my "offended" meter on this thread!

The Holy Bottom Burp

Ooh, second place behind Brickjectivity not good enough 4 consideration? (see what I've done there? Quite clever really, I'm wasted here!) Apologies your highness..... highly offended!