• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible - Alternative Translation

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
well i think its cool what the op is trying to do and i encourage him, however i might second that you learn more..but we should always learn more
What's cool about translating texts written in languages you can't read? Especially if your intention is to then make claims about how your translation is somehow superior to those who have spent years studying the language, texts, culture, etc., behind the texts?

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
I am further analyzing Genesis 2 and 3 and i now understand more of its context

What was Eve's Punishment for Eating Fruit

generations in Sin? NOPE, the actual punishment was the
PAINS of Childbirth

Genesis 3:14.
Jove said to Nachash, because you done this, you are cursed above the cattle and beasts of the field, upon your belly you away from land, you shalt be devoured the days of your life

(Nacash/Serpent) his punished was his Flesh being eaten for every? day of his Life
(parallels with Greek Prometheus whom had flesh devoured every day, for trying to turn Man into Gods in the human creation account

Genesis 3:16.
He told the woman, I will make her Labour painfull and here pregnancy painful , and in pain, shalt bring forth a son, and desire her husband to rule over her

Last edited:

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Still making it up as you go along, I see. If you don't like criticism of your creative exercise, which, I may add, has nothing to do with reality or the scripture in the original context, I suggest you take your ball(this translation) and go home.

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
Still making it up as you go along, I see. If you don't like criticism of your creative exercise, which, I may add, has nothing to do with reality or the scripture in the original context, I suggest you take your ball(this translation) and go home.

as i said, don't like, don't comment.

I translate, and by reading similar materials that i have read, like Greek Scriptures to better understand the context. Adam and Eve has the same context as Epimethius(as adam), Prometheus(as serpent) and Pandora(as eve) of Greece, that tell the tale of the first woman being tempted the knowledge of the gods. (theogony)

Last edited:

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
as i said, don't like, don't comment.,
and as I said, don't like criticism, GTFO.
I translate, and by reading similar materials that i have read, like Greek Scriptures to better understand the context. Adam and Eve has the same context as Epimethius(as adam), Prometheus(as serpent) and Pandora(as eve) of Greece, that tell the tale of the first woman being tempted the knowledge of the gods. (theogony)
You can't be serious. You can't be calling what you're doing "translating". This is starting to smell like trolling, seriously. Do some actual scholarship before you decide to call your work "translation".

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
and as I said, don't like criticism, GTFO.

You can't be serious. You can't be calling what you're doing "translating". This is starting to smell like trolling, seriously. Do some actual scholarship before you decide to call your work "translation".

My Subject area is mythology, that is all. which is what i am reading as i read genesis

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My Subject area is mythology, that is all. which is what i am reading as i read genesis
But you aren't reading it. You're attempting to translate it from a language to can't read. And despite not having even a basic grasp of hebrew grammar, or any expertise in linguistics, translation, semitic languages, or the scholarship relating to current translations, you think you can offer something that people who have actual expertise somehow missed. They can read the language, they've studied it, but armed with a dictionary and no expertise in anything relating to the language or translation, you can show them all wrong.

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
But you aren't reading it. You're attempting to translate it from a language to can't read. And despite not having even a basic grasp of hebrew grammar, or any expertise in linguistics, translation, semitic languages, or the scholarship relating to current translations, you think you can offer something that people who have actual expertise somehow missed. They can read the language, they've studied it, but armed with a dictionary and no expertise in anything relating to the language or translation, you can show them all wrong.

It is a subject of Mythology, first then language second, and i have READ them, The Greek, Egyptian and Babylonian creation accounts and Analysed the Words that are used in Genesis. The Bible is dependent on these extra-biblical literature to understand it better.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
It is a subject of Mythology, first then language second, and i have READ them, The Greek, Egyptian and Babylonian creation accounts and Analysed the Words that are used in Genesis. The Bible is dependent on these extra-biblical literature to understand it better.
I assume you've never read any of them in original language, meaning you've never actually read any of them, making your assertion...

EDIT: Also, the Bible is dependent on extra-biblical literature? Since when?

Last edited:

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:sorry1:
It is a subject of Mythology, first then language second,
And anybody who studies Greek, Roman, Egyptian, or any other mythology with any degree of expertise spends yeares studying Greek, Latin, and any other language the relevant texts are written in.

The "subject" is irrelevant. Translation is NOT the subject of mythology, whether you are translating Homers Iliad, Ovid's Metamorphoses, or Genesis. Translating requires first and foremost a thorough understanding of both languages (source and target) involved. Other things (such as the culture behind the language and text, mythological context, genre, etc.) are certainly relevant. But if you don't know the language, you have no business translating anything written in it.

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
:sorry1:
And anybody who studies Greek, Roman, Egyptian, or any other mythology with any degree of expertise spends yeares studying Greek, Latin, and any other language the relevant texts are written in.

Attack what i translated instead of autistic statements then. that is why i
came here.

Attack the messenger and not message, instead of flooding thread

Last edited:

Rakhel

we or, I am sure, most of us are trying to understand what your point is, as it seems to be all over the place and not pointing in one general direction.