• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Archaeology; the most stunning proof of God.

Zadok

Zadok
I hold no intrest in the use of myths to prove points.

Peace.

The fact that Troy exist proves you do not understand the difference between history, myths and the ancient use and art of symbolism in their poetry.

Zadok

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
UPDATE: They just found historical evidence that mickiel is really Satan come to throw us off our true detiny. You can find it on the internet, and I don't need to back this up because it's true...

Peace

mickiel

They have found the " Tomb of Joseph" of Arimathaea, and many believe his tomb was where Christ may have been buried.

Peace.

mickiel

Archaeologist have found the great biblical cities of Ephesus and Petra. Now these citys are mentioned in the bible, and they were real, and we proved they are real. These kinds of finds are stunning proof of God. Simply stunning support of the bible and its God.

Peace.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'm pretty convinced that mikiel is nothing more than a programmed spam-bot. A pretty poorly programmed one at that.

mickiel

I'm pretty convinced that mikiel is nothing more than a programmed spam-bot. A pretty poorly programmed one at that.

Well thank you, I do my best. Did you know we have found the biblical city of " Tell Dothan", located about 60 miles north of Jerusalem and mentioned twice in the bible in 2Kings 6 and Gen. 37:17.

Peace.

Biblical Archaeology is simply a stunning proof of God. They are actually finding the tombs and bodies of biblical characthers, and finding biblical citys. I think thats quite something. Did you know they found Herod the Greats tomb? They found the Apostle Peters house and found Marys house. Simply stunning evidence of God.

Stunning! Its awesome evidence, and I will be going into more of this incredible evidence they have unearthed.

Peace.

I just found Jesus's tomb in my backyard! Amazing evidence of God!

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Biblical Archaeology is simply a stunning proof of God. They are actually finding the tombs and bodies of biblical characthers, and finding biblical citys. I think thats quite something. Did you know they found Herod the Greats tomb? They found the Apostle Peters house and found Marys house. Simply stunning evidence of God.

Stunning! Its awesome evidence, and I will be going into more of this incredible evidence they have unearthed.

Peace.
Keep it coming. You're absolute proof that some christians are delusional.

mickiel

Keep it coming. You're absolute proof that some christians are delusional.

I am not a christian, and never desire to be one. I am not involved with any religion, I walk alone in my belief.

That being said, Jesus existence has been recorded by Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pling the Younger, the Talmud and Lucian. We have his grave, we have the place he was excuted at, we have the River Jordan he was baptised in, we have the stone he stood on before Pilate, and we have the bones of the High Priest Caiaphas who judged him the night before.

Its academic, the man existed.

Peace.

Venatoris

We should test this. I'll put down $200 saying that I can write a program capable of making a bull-**** point better than Mickiel.
Furthermore, as per poe's law and the turing test(I've always wanted to try my hand at AI), I'll bet that the majority of posters won't be able to tell that my program is not a religious zealot or a real person for that matter.

Any takers?

No offense Mickiel, I love your threads. They keep me laughing for minutes at a time.

mickiel

We should test this. I'll put down $200 saying that I can write a program capable of making a bull-**** point better than Mickiel.
Furthermore, as per poe's law and the turing test(I've always wanted to try my hand at AI), I'll bet that the majority of posters won't be able to tell that my program is not a religious zealot or a real person for that matter.

Any takers?

No offense Mickiel, I love your threads. They keep me laughing for minutes at a time.

No offense taken, I have your attention, thats all I want.

Peace.

mickiel

Cyrus was prophetically named by Isaiah more than a century before his birth that he would be the King who would give Judah permission to return to their homeland and rebuild their temple and Jerusalem, Isaiah 44:28- 45:1. Cyrus issued a decree, Ezra 1:1-4, thus incredibally fulfilling Gods word. Cyrus later entered Babylon himself.

This decree was discovered incredibly by Archaeologist and is now in a British museum. King Cyrus Palace and his tomb has also been discovered. Incredible proof of the validity of the bible and its characthers, and thus lends more validity to Gods existence.

Peace.

AuroraWillow

Druid of the Olive
Its academic, the man existed.

So does George Washington, but only 5 year old's believe he never told a lie and chopped down a cherry tree.

Just because he existed doesn't mean the stories are true. Or else, as it's been said, you'd have to believe in the existence of Gods and monsters from all the stories told by the ancient people.

mickiel

So does George Washington, but only 5 year old's believe he never told a lie and chopped down a cherry tree.

Just because he existed doesn't mean the stories are true. Or else, as it's been said, you'd have to believe in the existence of Gods and monsters from all the stories told by the ancient people.

Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pling the Younger, The Talmud and Lucian didnot write about Washington, they recorded the existence of Jesus.

Peace.

Atomist

I love you.

Any takers?

I'll take you up on that. I don't think you have any idea how hard that challenge is.