• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Archaeology; the most stunning proof of God.

AuroraWillow

Druid of the Olive
Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pling the Younger, The Talmud and Lucian didnot write about Washington, they recorded the existence of Jesus.

Peace.

You didn't bother to read a word I said, apparently. Either that, or you really are just completely daft.

Venatoris

I'll take you up on that. I don't think you have any idea how hard that challenge is.

Which part? Beating Mickiel or beating the turing test? I'm fairly certain I can do both but the latter seems to be the more daunting of the two.

So... are we good with $200 or would you like to change the amount/conditions of the bet in some fashion?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Biblical Archaeology is simply a stunning proof of God. They are actually finding the tombs and bodies of biblical characthers, and finding biblical citys. I think thats quite something. Did you know they found Herod the Greats tomb? They found the Apostle Peters house and found Marys house. Simply stunning evidence of God.

Stunning! Its awesome evidence, and I will be going into more of this incredible evidence they have unearthed.

Peace.

that means hercules is really god too?
Greek ruins of Agrigento, Sicily (Jun05) - Temple of Herakles/Hercules - Worldisround photo

Atomist

I love you.
Which part? Beating Mickiel or beating the turing test? I'm fairly certain I can do both but the latter seems to be the more daunting of the two.

So... are we good with $200 or would you like to change the amount/conditions of the bet in some fashion?
well if your program can beat the turing test... then we can make that bet. but we need some judges... and a way to test it with some conditions that I'm a bit lazy to think of the rules... like I would be down to take you up on it if we can set up some ground rules... I just am too lazy right now to set up said rules... (it's been a long week).

Venatoris

well if your program can beat the turing test... then we can make that bet. but we need some judges... and a way to test it with some conditions that I'm a bit lazy to think of the rules... like I would be down to take you up on it if we can set up some ground rules... I just am too lazy right now to set up said rules... (it's been a long week).

So we need an impartial judge to help us set up the rules and make the final decision about who has won. Perhaps one of the mods would like to step in and help us?

Agnostic75

Biblical archaeology is not any evidence at all that the God of the Bible exists. As any rational person knows, historically, it has been quite common for people to frequently write about real people and places that are a part of their lives, and to mix religious myths with secular facts. Most or all secular historians believe that King Nebuchadnezzar existed, but not that he ate grass with cows as the Bible claims.

mickiel

Biblical archaeology is not any evidence at all that the God of the Bible exists. As any rational person knows, historically, it has been quite common for people to frequently write about real people and places that are a part of their lives, and to mix religious myths with secular facts. Most or all secular historians believe that King Nebuchadnezzar existed, but not that he ate grass with cows as the Bible claims.

Oh but he existed, and the bible records it. Archaeologist have found bricks from his palace, they found his " Hanging Gardens and the ruins of Babylon. In 2Chron. 35:20 it records King Nebuchadnezzars coronation. Archaeologist unearthed " The Babylonian Chronicle", which tells exactly what the bible records. This proves without a doubt that the bible is a valid historical record, and that its God is just as valid.

Peace.

mickiel

In 2Kings 18:13-16, King " Sennacherib" is mentioned. Amazingly archaeologist have found his Palace, they found a written and pictorial momument in the Palace, and his personal recorded " Prism." They record his battle with King " Hezekiah", and it is EAXCTLY how the bible records it in 2Kings 18 and 19. Stunning evidence of the bibles accuracy, and more validity being given to its God.

Peace.

mickiel

In 1Kings 22:39 King Ahab built an ivory palace at Samaria , carved out of ivory. Stunningly, archaeologist have found that palace. Again and again these kinds of spatacular discoveries have been unearthed to continually confirm the bibles authencity, and further give validity to its God.

Peace.

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:

mickiel said:
Oh but he existed, and the Bible records it.

Yes, King Nebuchadnezzar probably existed, but you are attempting to establish an invalid correlation, meaning that you are claiming that the probable existence of King Nebuchadnezzar reasonably proves that the God of the Bible exists. Such a correlation is not logical. Even some conservative Christian college professors will tell you that. As I said, "As any rational person knows, historically, it has been quite common for people to frequently write about real people and places that are a part of their lives, and to mix religious myths with secular facts."

Surely you must know that some other religious books contain some accurate secular history, and that Christians are not the only religious people who have visions that they believe are true. For all we know, all of the story of Noah and the flood was recorded centuries after the supposed facts by a writer who had visions about Noah and the flood, and wrote about his visions.

If a God exists, and wanted people to believe that he exists, he would not have any trouble at all convincing far more people to believe that he exists.

If a God inspired the Bible, how much of it did he inspire, and who correctly interprets it?

Last edited:

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
Biblical Archaeology is simply a stunning proof of God. They are actually finding the tombs and bodies of biblical characthers, and finding biblical citys. I think thats quite something. Did you know they found Herod the Greats tomb? They found the Apostle Peters house and found Marys house. Simply stunning evidence of God.

Stunning! Its awesome evidence, and I will be going into more of this incredible evidence they have unearthed.

Peace.

The bible is a book that is a collection of writings from the Jewish culture. Many of its documents which are thousands of years old are filled with superstition and mythical claims. Much of the book is based on historical facts and many people in the book probably existed even though there is doubt whether the bible was completely accurate when it comes to historical events.

Your post is not convincing at all because just because the bible can get some of its historical statements right does not mean that all its mythological statements is right. This argument is obviously ridiculous.

mickiel

Yes, King Nebuchadnezzar probably existed, quote

No not probally, its been proven, its a fact that he existed. And the God who dealt with him existed. Thats a fact as well.

If a God exists, and wanted people to believe that he exists, he would not have any trouble at all convincing far more people to believe that he exists.

If a God inspired the Bible, how much of it did he inspire, and who correctly interprets it?

He inspired all of it except what was changed by translators. Those who correctly interpit it, are those who the God has himself inspired to interpit it.

Peace.

Agnostic75

mickiel said:
He inspired all of it except what was changed by translators.

How can you know that? For example, how can you know that God inspired any Bible writer to write about homosexuality?

mikiel said:
Those who correctly interpret it, are those who the God has himself inspired to interpret it.

How can a Christian know that he correctly interprets the Bible, and how can other people know that he correctly interprets it?

mickiel

Much of the book is based on historical facts and many people in the book probably existed. quote

No, not probally, they in fact did exist, archaeology has proven that.

Your post is not convincing at all because just because the bible can get some of its historical statements right does not mean that all its mythological statements is right. This argument is obviously ridiculous.

The arguement is sound and satisfys me.

Peace.

Agnostic75

Message to Mikiel: King Nebuchadnezzar probably existed, but you are attempting to establish an invalid correlation, meaning that you are claiming that the probable existence of King Nebuchadnezzar reasonably proves that the God of the Bible exists. Such a correlation is not logical. Even some conservative Christian college professors will tell you that. As I said, "As any rational person knows, historically, it has been quite common for people to frequently write about real people and places that are a part of their lives, and to mix religious myths with secular facts."

Surely you must know that some other religious books contain some accurate secular history, and that Christians are not the only religious people who have visions that they believe are true. For all we know, all of the story of Noah and the flood was recorded centuries after the supposed facts by a writer who had visions about Noah and the flood, and wrote about his visions.

mickiel

How can you know that? For example, how can you know that God inspired any Bible writer to write about homosexuality?quote

In the subject of homosexuality, I agree with the bible that it is a sinful thing, but the bible does not condemn sinners to suffer forever, that is misinterpited. Its not natural for a man to have sex with a man, we just do that on our own. Its not natural for a man to have sex with boys, its perverted. But the bible teachs Love and forgiveness as well. Thats how you deal with homosexuality, you understand it as the lust that it is. And the bible is trying to teach control over unnatural affections.

How can a Christian know that he correctly interprets the Bible, and how can other people know that he correctly interprets it?

By your Consciousness.

Peace.

Agnostic75

mickiel said:
The argument is sound and satisfies me.

But aren't you trying to satisfy other people, not yourself? Surely you were already satisfied before you came to this forum.

Don't you know that some other religious books contain the names of probably real people and places? That is just ordinary secular history.

Most people will agree that American evangelist and faith healer Kathryn Kuhlman existed, and that she lived from 1907 to 1976. I remember seeing her on television when I was young. Although her existence is not an issue, even millions of Christians do not believe that she performed miracles. So, even if a man named Nebuchadnezzar existed, that does not necessarily mean that he ate grass with cows. In addition, if an ordinary man named Jesus existed, that does not necessarily mean that he healed people, and that he walked on water.

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:
Message to Mikiel: King Nebuchadnezzar probably existed, but you are attempting to establish an invalid correlation, meaning that you are claiming that the probable existence of King Nebuchadnezzar reasonably proves that the God of the Bible exists. Such a correlation is not logical. Even some conservative Christian college professors will tell you that. As I said, "As any rational person knows, historically, it has been quite common for people to frequently write about real people and places that are a part of their lives, and to mix religious myths with secular facts."

mickiel said:
By your Consciousness.

But it is obvious that consciousness is frequently wrong. An example is that if you had been born 5,000 years ago, you would have falsely believed that the earth is flat. All humans believe that they are right, unless they change their minds, in which case they believe that their new beliefs are right.