• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Infallibility

Just skimmed through the last two chapters of John.

No mention of church establishment.
Well:
a) next time do not skim
b) There was not a recognizable church(obviously) in Jesus' days
c) How about Matthew?(these references a filled with Him giving authority)
d) Check my religion
e) I'm a Randist( Objectivist: "NO gods or kings, Only man. " It's time to do away with petty morality." Man's efforts should be in his own interest. The Bible is a book from men with pistols("hell") at your neck. The Great Chain of industry).

Sorry for the ruse. I love to debate people. Hopefully you can help my orginization's efforts in supressing the parasites(holders of Biblical infallibility).

Mulder

"Sorry for the ruse. I love to debate people. Hopefully you can help my orginization's efforts in supressing the parasites(holders of Biblical infallibility)."

What parasites are these? You need to be more particular in what you say.

Last edited:

idea

Question Everything
And Christ explicitly gave His Church(Catholic) much authority!!! If we follow Christ we also follow what he said- This includes the Church. I don't believe in Sola scripura due to the fact that it is not taught in the Bible.

The Catholics trace themself back to Peter correct?

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of chell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt dbind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
(New Testament | Matthew 16:15 - 19)

I don't think the church was built on Peter - it is built on personal revelation from God - "flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." - that is what it is built on... Yes, Peter was in the loop so to speak here - but it is the Church of "Jesus Christ" the "Church of God" - NOT the church of "Peter".

idea

Question Everything
b) There was not a recognizable church(obviously) in Jesus' days.

Yes, there was.

The Lord added to the Church daily, Acts 2:47.
We, being many, are one body in Christ, Rom. 12:5.
By one Spirit we are all baptized into one body, 1 Cor. 12:13.
The Church is built upon the foundation of Apostles and prophets, Eph. 2:19–20.
Apostles and prophets are essential to the Church, Eph. 4:11–16.
Christ is the head of the Church, Eph. 5:23.

Jesus organized a church, with Himself as the cornerstone. It is organized with apostles, prophets, teachers, etc. etc...

Authority: Jesus gave his disciples power and authority, Luke 9:1–2 (John 15:16)

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
(New Testament | Ephesians2:19 - 20)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(New Testament | Ephesians4:11 - 15)

Find "apostles and prophets" and you will find His church.

Last edited:
"Sorry for the ruse. I love to debate people. Hopefully you can help my orginization's efforts in supressing the parasites(holders of Biblical infallibility)."

What parasites are these? You need to be more particular in what you say.
Are you the kind of blind person that can only not read things in parinthesis?

What a classy word for trolling.

One would think you'd be better at it, then.

I don't oppress anyone, sorry.

a) It was a RUSE
b) I was a parasite but now I don't have that touch any longer
c) Not oppress!!!! Supress!!!! Very different words!!! Look up the definition for supress and then I can continue to talk with you.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
No person is infallible; so nothing written by people is infallible, including any religious works such as the bible.

No one asked for a list of all the verses.
Interesting that you have yet to present even one verse to start out at.

I already figured you are used to preaching to the chior.
I am not in your chior.
In fact, I am hoping you are not looking to present the same old nonsense that almost every single Catholic presents to "prove" that the Church was given authority.

Still waiting.
We really aren't meant to talk about church authority on this thread but, if you wanted reference(s)plural) that would be a list!!!! Lastly, I don't use Matthew as my crutch, I use(d) John mainly.
I can't wait for someone to come on this thread that believes in Biblical infallibility.
"Mmmmm. I'm feeling full, like an expectant mama."
:sarcastic
I mean, honestly, this thread is about what?! "BIBLICAL INFALLIBILITY"!!!

Last edited:

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Your "Philosiphy" is obviously fallacy(like most Philosophy. This is like saying God using the contaminate air makes the Ten Commandments invialate!!!!!

That is most definitely not a philosophy. That would be an analogy, or drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect, to make my opinion colorful. I wasn't trying to debate there, just state my opinion.

Even if it is not fallcetic, it doe not contain one spec of reason or logic.(proof)
" Gah! Damned Youngsters! Got to teach 'em every little thing in a duscusshin"
Analogies contain reason in some measure.

Yes, but they argue that it is God's word and that God wrote it. And this is when the Biblical scholar debating them comes in to show them inconsintencies.:yes:

:)

Now here I will elaborate on my analogy supporting my opinion.

God cannot physically write anything. He has to use man as His instrument. A mans hand wrote the word of God through divine inspiration. Man is corrupted (the crappy washing machine) and the word of God (the substance or clothes) get filtered (washed) through man, and hence comes out fallible (or crappy). :D

It is in mans natural instinct to be sinful. A being with that nature in my opinion is incapable of tranfering something perfectly which is divine through him onto paper accurately.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
That is most definitely not a philosophy. That would be an analogy, or drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect, to make my opinion colorful. I wasn't trying to debate there, just state my opinion.

Analogies contain reason in some measure.

Now here I will elaborate on my analogy supporting my opinion.

God cannot physically write anything. He has to use man as His instrument. A mans hand wrote the word of God through divine inspiration. Man is corrupted (the crappy washing machine) and the word of God (the substance or clothes) get filtered (washed) through man, and hence comes out infallable (or crappy). :D

It is in mans natural instinct to be sinful. A being with that nature in my opinion is incapable of tranfering something perfectly which is divine through him onto paper accurately.

Just my opinion.
I agree

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well:
a) next time do not skim
b) There was not a recognizable church(obviously) in Jesus' days
c) How about Matthew?(these references a filled with Him giving authority)
d) Check my religion
e) I'm a Randist( Objectivist: "NO gods or kings, Only man. " It's time to do away with petty morality." Man's efforts should be in his own interest. The Bible is a book from men with pistols("hell") at your neck. The Great Chain of industry).

Sorry for the ruse. I love to debate people. Hopefully you can help my orginization's efforts in supressing the parasites(holders of Biblical infallibility).

Read my edited post. I mentioned that I read through Matthew, and found such a verse that talks about establishing a church.

So...

a). I should be able to find something even through skimming.
b). Of course. Since there was no recognizable church, why do you say he established one?
c). Did.
d). "Objectivist"
e). I have no intention of joining with you. I let the parasites, as you call them, do what they do, because it's not my right to say whether or not they are actually parasites. I wholly disagree with the concept of complete selfishness.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Selfishness?????????? It is not evil! Altruism is EVIL. And the parasites are causing more damage to society than you seem to recognize!!!!

I never said selfishness was evil.

Complete selfishness is harmful, but so is complete selflessness.

There must be moderation.

Besides, what damage is there to be done to society? Must society be locked in stasis for all eternity?

Ask yourself(ves), "What does a parasite do according to the scientific definition?"
"What do Evangelical(Christians) spread and how?"
See the parallels?

(Analogy)

I do not mean parasite to be derogatory!!

Last edited: