• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Infallibility

I never said selfishness was evil.

Complete selfishness is harmful, but so is complete selflessness.

There must be moderation.

Besides, what damage is there to be done to society? Must society be locked in stasis for all eternity?
I agree but, overall , society calls selfishness evil.
I was not trying to claim that you stated so, merely , it was indirect.

Please come forth if you believe in Biblical infallibility. I beg you! People are getting off topic here and you could make many people's days better by making a comment or two about why,and how you believe the Bible is inerrant.

A

angellous_evangellous

Please come forth if you believe in Biblical infallibility. I beg you! People are getting off topic here and you could make many people's days better by making a comment or two about why,and how you believe the Bible is inerrant.

I believe only one or two regularly posting members believe this.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I agree but, overall , society calls selfishness evil.
I was not trying to claim that you stated so, merely , it was indirect.

Bit about my beliefs: I don't believe in "evil". The term is far too broad and subjective to really be an accurate description of something. (same applies to "good")

I'm also a non-conformist; I don't follow societal stigmas.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Ask yourself(ves), "What does a parasite do according to the scientific definition?"
"What do Evangelical(Christians) spread and how?"
See the parallels?

(Analogy)

I do not mean parasite to be derogatory!!

Nope.

A parasite is an organism that survives through a host organism. Using this as an analogy, all human beings are parasites to each other.

Evangelicals simply try to inform people of what they believe to be truth, and they, for the most part, do so out of love and caring. (even if they're very bad at expressing it)

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Wow. I guess I'll have to go back to my "Spam the Evangelical Bible Study web-sites"
days.:(

Wanna have some real fun?

Go over to Yahoo! Answers.

Here, we actually debate politely and formally, while attempting to be completely respectful of what others believe. (it's easy to fall short, trust me ;))

Wanna have some real fun?

Go over to Yahoo! Answers.

Here, we actually debate politely and formally, while attempting to be completely respectful of what others believe. (it's easy to fall short, trust me ;))
I believe that you are a slave if you are not allowed to debate in any way you want.
Formality is phony. Politeness is crude. I;m not saying people should be allowed to kil eachother, just be allowed to speak(whatever is on)their mind and not be enslaved by these people that shove their beliefs on ethics, morality, and politeness, down our throats.

(You is not directed towards any particular person(s) or group)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I believe that you are a slave if you are not allowed to debate in any way you want.
Formality is phony. Politeness is crude. I;m not saying people should be allowed to kil eachother, just be allowed to speak(whatever is on)their mind and not be enslaved by these people that shove their beliefs on ethics, morality, and politeness, down our throats.

(You is not directed towards any particular person(s) or group)
If you don't like the rules, get out.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
This site is the third best thing i've got to have access to the kind of people I am interested in speaking to. Do not tell me to "get out" for it is not within your authority to do so.
Lucky for you, as I have no patience for lying trolls. If you're going to stay don't whine about the rules, nobody's forcing you to spend your time here. If you're not going to follow the rules, you'll be gone sooner or later anyway, might as well be with whatever shreds of dignity a troll can claim.

Lucky for you, as I have no patience for lying trolls. If you're going to stay don't whine about the rules, nobody's forcing you to spend your time here. If you're not going to follow the rules, you'll be gone sooner or later anyway, might as well be with whatever shreds of dignity a troll can claim.
a) your are in violation of the first rule for this site
b) I was not talking about the rules for this web-site, but for society(nothing in particular)
c) I never said I would not follow rules
d) I was pretending to be an evangelical for a short time and I am clearly not one
e) I am the kind of person who likes to go to a thread, and talk about the topic, not the people.(i.e. Biblical infallibility)

Storm: Do you enjoy debating evangelicals also? If not, then why are you here trying to argue with those who agree with you? I assume that you do believe that the Bible has errors.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Storm: Do you enjoy debating evangelicals also? If not, then why are you here trying to argue with those who agree with you? I assume that you do believe that the Bible has errors.
Yes, I do.

I was merely unvailing the hypocricy.
Except you had to lie to do that, too.

Here's the thing: on the internet, your words are all we have. When you lie, you make talking to you a waste of time, since your words are thereafter meaningless.

Yes, I do.

Except you had to lie to do that, too.

Here's the thing: on the internet, your words are all we have. When you lie, you make talking to you a waste of time, since your words are thereafter meaningless.
Which proves my point to the evangelicals that come to this thread that the inconsistencies in the Bible invalidate it!!!!! Thank you!!!!