• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bigfoot Evidence?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
check out jacobs creature. its not much but its not been proven a hoax.
PW covered this already but c'mon Outhouse! It's not a hoax but a misinterpretation of black bears! It's pretty obvious... :facepalm:

But you're in similar company as Meldrum who was initially impressed by the Jacob's critter footage and even made a detailed analysis of the limb length being more like a chimpanzees than a bear- but even he now officially says he thinks it's a black bear. To accept the Jacob's creature as evidence is silly 'cause it's clearly a bear cub. Really. I have no idea why this is still in dispute. :confused:

I'm posting this even though PW covered it perfectly- I need to keep myself from doing real work. ;)

Here are the Jacobs pics. I'll just post the links to avoid cluttering things up. The first couple are indisputably black bears:
Image 1: Bear Cubs (Jacobs Photos - PA, USA, 9/16/2007)
http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/more_cubs.jpg
http://www.bfro.net/avevid/jacobs/mama_bear_cropped.jpg

It's this that's causing all the fuss:
Image 2 Creature (Jacobs Photos - PA, USA, 9/16/2007)

Bigfootjacobcom.jpg
BigfootJacobsanigif.gif

Hopefully that shows the orientation a bit better.

Bears with mange look alien, but there's little mystery here. besides the mangy pic PW posted ompare the Jacobs images with these spectacled bears at Leipzig Germany's zoo last November. True, they're very different than black bears but it's another clear example of how primate-like bears look when hairless:
Germany's bald bears: Fur disease afflicts Dolores and baffles vets | Mail Online

I like this site which gives a comprehensive account and photos of the whole thing.

Bears... really. Just bears.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
you know it was posted by hunters not people looking for BF

imnot sure it was a mangy bear lol looks more like a chimp.

I agree theres not enough proof there other then to call it the typical blobsquatch.

its not a hoax though
Not a hoax, just an all to common misidentification by people who want to believe more than they want to investigate. And who don't have enough anatomy and biology knowledge to tell a bear from an ape. (which can be tricky if you don't know bear anatomy... police get fooled by bear carcasses pretty regularly, assuming they are human.)

Not only is it typical in appearance for a bear with mange... it's too small to be a bigfoot and it's around bear cubs.

So, either it's a midget bigfoot that is somehow the only animal that an over protective mother bear will let chill with family... or... it's a mangy bear.

Which one really seems more logical? Magic mini-bigfoot or fellow bear (most likely the mom, given that the cubs are photographed)

ps. Black bears make whistling and hooting noises. Especially when disturbed.
Black bears are also known to follow/track humans.

wa:do

LoL.. this time you got me Nepenthe! :D

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
So, either it's a midget bigfoot

they cant have young ones lol :) there you go beatin up on the we folk lol

like i said it looks like a chimp, the other picture [of the two] makes it look more like a chimp.

I already stated either way its not much.

there was a weak vid a few years floating around claiming a baby BF in a tree swinging around.

looked like a gibon playing around in a tree more then anything.

ps. Black bears make whistling and hooting noises. Especially when disturbed.
Black bears are also known to follow/track humans.

Understood I dont put any weight on the whistling I heard because I looked and could not find the source.

big boar pigs make a hellacious noise at night popping there tusks together, sounds like branches breaking, and the grunts are dang scarey. Ive had that happen with a 600lb ish bore 10' away that scared the living crap out of me

mountain lions screaming at me withing 5o yards scared me pretty well to lol

Last edited:

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
If bigfoot exists or existed, rest assured that it would have been killed by someone at some point in history. Pioneers ran across all sorts of beasties on the American frontier and certainly they put bullet holes in all of them. Native Americans wouldn't have Sasquatch legends...they'd have incorporated their actual hand bones and skulls into their rituals...hunting a bigfoot would have been a right of passage for young men or something.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
If bigfoot exists or existed, rest assured that it would have been killed by someone at some point in history. Pioneers ran across all sorts of beasties on the American frontier and certainly they put bullet holes in all of them. Native Americans wouldn't have Sasquatch legends...they'd have incorporated their actual hand bones and skulls into their rituals...hunting a bigfoot would have been a right of passage for young men or something.
Absolutely... if people sought Uktena despite every story warning of it's deadly nature and Grizzly bears despite their aggressive unpredictability and even other humans... people would have something from Bigfoot to.

outhouse

Atheistically
Absolutely... if people sought Uktena despite every story warning of it's deadly nature and Grizzly bears despite their aggressive unpredictability and even other humans... people would have something from Bigfoot to.

Not necesarilly

there natural fear of human kind "if there real" would have kept them at a distance.

there are also said to be nocternal

native american legends taught them to avoid these people, to leave them alone and keep an aye on your small children

outhouse

Atheistically
I paused it frame-by-frame. Defintely has arms and definitely moved.

ya I know, nothing concrete.

atleast people are picking stuff up, if they were going to do a hoax they would do close up and longer.

a TV film crew could get footage up close and no one will still believe.

those jacks link jerky commercials are pretty good and hillarious lol

outhouse

Atheistically
Why not fake a female? If everyone expects a fake macho male, a female adds credibility.

most people dont pick a sex for a hoax. the cotume at that time was hard enough let alone add breast

no one, no one has been able to duplicate what was done in 67 and no one has been able to prove it a hoax. I had breakfast next to the man in willow creek. He will atest on his deathbed he believes what he saw %100

in the film, you can see muscles that exactly match those that it would take to support the weight MOVE. in the digitil pics you can see the areolas on the breast.

You know since 67 no one has done a search as good as patterson and gimlin since then.

A human cant even walk that way. The gate was put through some strict analysis like they do with golfers. the gate also matches that of a heavy creature.

in the patterson footprints, the toes move from track to track, in places the track went down 3-4 inches and a 275lb man next to them sunk a 1/2". the midtarsel break moved from track to track.

that is real undisputed footage of a real BF

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
most people dont pick a sex for a hoax. the cotume at that time was hard enough let alone add breast

no one, no one has been able to duplicate what was done in 67 and no one has been able to prove it a hoax. I had breakfast next to the man in willow creek. He will atest on his deathbed he believes what he saw %100

in the film, you can see muscles that exactly match those that it would take to support the weight MOVE. in the digitil pics you can see the areolas on the breast.

You know since 67 no one has done a search as good as patterson and gimlin since then.

A human cant even walk that way. The gate was put through some strict analysis like they do with golfers. the gate also matches that of a heavy creature.

in the patterson footprints, the toes move from track to track, in places the track went down 3-4 inches and a 275lb man next to them sunk a 1/2". the midtarsel break moved from track to track.

that is real undisputed footage of a real BF
Sorry I don't share your faith.
First, the "breasts" can easily be an artifact of the light and filming conditions. (digital pictures showing an areola can easily be manipulations)

Your "strict analysis" is not all that inspiring, riddle me this, why are there no shadows on the soles of the feet? They are flat and featureless.

And your experts are not exactly filling me with anything resembling confidence. They can't even identify a bear with mange.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Sorry I don't share your faith

well you would not be the only one

First, the "breasts" can easily be an artifact of the light and filming conditions

come on, you can see them swinging lol these are all untouched from original film that have only been digitaly enhanced. IF you have seen the pictures blown up like i have you would understand its DEFINITELY not a lighting issue.

why are there no shadows on the soles of the feet

the links I posted are digitaly enhanced with filters, look at he original film and you can see where the sun is coming from.

They can't even identify a bear with mange.

first of all the people that delt with the the patterson footage are not the original people who delt with the jacobs creature. yes they have worked on the patterson footage but only in context to see if it was a hoax.

the jacobs creature still by one of the two photos looks more like a chimp then a bear. NO ONE put a ton of weight in a trail cam anyway for proof, one way or the OTHER.

NO ONE today has been able to prove that footage false, many have tried.

The footage as seen and the digitals have not been touched up at all. YOU are seeing digital enhancements only to bring out clarity. this was done to try and prove the film false once and for all. Instead its only verified what people thought all along.

Look dont believe me go talk to the man himself and get his opinion