• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Businesses Requiring Vaccine Passports

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's a huge generalization. It's perceived and based on fear. Unless you can prove for a fact people who are unvaccinated "will" spread the virus, the risk factor is based on population, general health of the person, age, and other-not-because they didn't take the vaccine.
No, it really is not. It is rather basic science. I would suggest that you read up on vaccines from reliable sites.

We know how the disease spreads. We know that vaccines work. There really is no guesswork involved.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
There will always be some that have a legitimate reason for not being vaccinated. People with weakened immunity systems for example often can not get vaccinated. And until everyone that is able to receive the poke can and does get vaccinated the unvaccinated will be a threat. If you want to put others at risk then you also need to be willing to pay the price for doing that.
And since when have we shut down society for those who couldn't be vaccinated for medical reasons before? I assume it's around the same number of people.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It doesn't put people at risk. It's a perceived risk based on fear. Trailblazer, for example, doesn't go to much places if any (she said). She can't put people at risk because she hasn't put herself at risk to catch anything to spread. I literally see the same people in the same area in the same housing complex and environment.

Unless there is evidence that people who don't have the vaccine "are" asymptomatic and "will" spread the virus, it is a perceived risk--and when there is fear due to uncertainty and watching numbers rise-you project it on others not in your boat. It's a poor support to make everyone take this vaccine. It really isn't a legal matter unless it infringes on a person's rights to choose what's best for his or her well-being. There has to be more evidence than what we see on television and the people we take care of and so forth. Believe me. At least the minority want cold facts before taking anything they are not comfortable with... and peer pressure shouldn't be the motivator nor should the law.
Oh so wrong. I am sorry. This is close to creationist level thinking.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No, it really is not. It is rather basic science. I would suggest that you read up on vaccines from reliable sites.

We know how the disease spreads. We know that vaccines work. There really is no guesswork involved.

We know how it spreads but that doesn't answer/prove that unvacinated people put others at risk soley because they are not vaccinated?

Someone who lives alone and doesn't go anywhere doesn't put people at risk. How would others be at risk because she is not unvacinated?

Of course vaccines work, that's not the issue.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not an anti-vaxxer. I am just an individual who has chosen not to take the vaccine for now because I have no reason to do so since I am socially isolated.

You keep calling it misinformed just because people do not agree with the information that has been put out.
"they could infect and kill or severely damage the health of a vulnerable person" just because they won't get the vaccination. I do not agree with that assessment.

Yes, since scientific evidence is not up for personal opinion, anyone who doesn't "agree" (I prefer "accept" because agreement implies a valid alternative opinion) is either misinformed or being outright irrational, in my opinion.

What assessment? That the virus could kill or severely damage someone's health, much less a vulnerable person's? That's been thoroughly evidenced throughout the last year and a half as well. It isn't my assessment; it's simply one of the facts we currently know.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
They was a century ago. I was talking about people who couldn't be vaccinated for medical reasons. In my state, anyone over 16 can be vaccinated. So I could get it if I want to, I just don't want to. But what if someone who is high risk for severe illness from Covid wanted it, could get it and those who had personal objections to it didn't have to? Why isn't this good enough, for those who want the vaccine to get it while allowing those who don't want it to refuse? The ones vaccinated would still be protected and would have nothing to worry about, if the vaccines work. That's the way America mostly always was. Why change it now?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That the disease is a very serious health risk. That vaccines work. That there ae very very limited risks to vaccines. Basically you and other anti-vaxers have been shown to be wrong on each and every claim that they ever make.

Not all of us are saying the vaccines dont work. We're saying it's only appropriate in certain circumstances and it should be a personal decision.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What about just the decision to not take it?

Why would one need to be ignorant, dumb, or so have you for making a decision based on his or her own logical and justified reasoning?
You're welcome to not take it. But don't pretend the reason for not taking it is logical or justified when it isn't. It's dumb because it's literally a decision based on willful ignorance.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I wondered when religion would enter in. :rolleyes:

Of course this is no different than arguing about religion.

No, the facts are not all in after a few months of the vaccinations being administered. That is not even logical. Long-term effects cannot be known in a few months. But nobody cares because they are so scared of dying. Why not just be honest? This not about saving other people, because there will be enough vaccinations for everyone who wants one very soon, and then nothing unvaccinated people do can ever hurt them because they are completely protected, or so they believe, and no, the science is not in on how long they are protected. This whole thing is uncharted territory and I do not generally go into uncharted territory unless I have a very good reason for doing so.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Not sure the connection. It's a perceived risk because you don't know who may have the virus so
it's a justified concern but not a fact.

If we know someone had the virus around others it is an actual risk. You'd have a point. Since you don't know, it's a guess. There may be a risk. We don't know.

We're not ignorant. Kind of like how reading the bible makes some people atheists. We make decisions based on our lifestyle, health, situation, and so forth. Nothing wrong with that. I'd hoped.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They was a century ago. I was talking about people who couldn't be vaccinated for medical reasons. In my state, anyone over 16 can be vaccinated. So I could get it if I want to, I just don't want to. But what if someone who is high risk for severe illness from Covid wanted it, could get it and those who had personal objections to it didn't have to? Why isn't this good enough, for those who want the vaccine to get it while allowing those who don't want it to refuse? The ones vaccinated would still be protected and would have nothing to worry about, if the vaccines work. That's the way America mostly always was. Why change it now?
Because those people would still be a risk to other people that do not understand how the world works. Once again, you can put yourself at risk. You cannot put others at risk even if they chose not to get the vaccine too.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not sure the connection. It's a perceived risk because you don't know who may have the virus so
it's a justified concern but not a fact.

If we know someone had the virus around others it is an actual risk. You'd have a point. Since you don't know, it's a guess. There may be a risk. We don't know.

We're not ignorant. Kind of like how reading the bible makes some people atheists. We make decisions based on our lifestyle, health, situation, and so forth. Nothing wrong with that. I'd hoped.
No, statistics make it a fact. It is amazing how people will deny reality when it disagrees with their superstitious beliefs.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Health risk to who? The unvaccinated? Then they should get vaccinated, if they're afraid of it. Then they're protected from it, right?
Vaccines do diddly if a large enough percentage of a population won't take them, because the virus has ample opportunity to mutate in unresistant bodies into vaccine resistant strains and then the pandemic starts all over again, except now with a harder to treat version which may be more infectious and more deadly.