• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Businesses Requiring Vaccine Passports

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I expect that most will get the shot.
In my business, I'd expect proof of vaccination
only for residential tenants. Self storage types
have minimal contact with us & each other.

I guess it depends on the business?

I wouldn't expect it in a large warehouse where people rarely come in contact with each other other than maybe the work room, meetings, or at lunch. But I understand it (not agree, but I understand it) if it's a close area, a medical facility, or you have to work close to people or whatever the case may be. I can see the workers being vaccinated (err... I hate that word...) but not customers.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Everyone judges others.
You have to in order to get along in life.
No, you don't have to judge others in order to get along in life.... You have to exercise judgment, but that is different from judging others in the sense that Jesus said not to judge (Matthew 7:1-3)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Wearing masks and getting the vaccine saves lives. I don't want the death of someone's grandmother on my conscience. I am sorry if stating that not saving lives is being selfish offends you. But it is selfish.
I am not saving anyone's life by getting the vaccine since I do not come into contact with anyone except my husband and he does not come into contact with anyone except me.

I only go grocery shopping twice a week right before the store closes so there is maybe three customers and I always wear a mask.

Now, who am I endangering again? Now how am I selfish?

Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's just a character assassination.
Who cares? Nobody on this forum, all they care about is being right and making their points.
The self-righteousness is appalling, but thank God for Jesus, so we can know how we should behave towards others.

Matthew 7:1-3 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No, you don't have to judge others in order to get along in life....
Deny it all you want.
You still do it.

You have to exercise judgment, but that is different from judging others in the sense that Jesus said not to judge (Matthew 7:1-3)
He flat out said (when you read the WHOLE thing) that the standards with which you judge others will be the same standards used to judge you.
Basically, do not be a hypocrite.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
If the government enforces such a thing, it would force people to get the vaccine or else they will be shut out of society. We don't even do that to children who don't vaccinated. They just can't attend public school without some vaccines, but they can do whatever else they want.

I don't think it would reach that point, but if a vaccine were shown to be safe and effective and were verified to be so via scientific consensus and peer review, then I don't think it would be so outlandish or unreasonable for a government to enforce a requirement like the one mentioned in the OP should a business decide to only allow people in if they had proof of vaccination.

I'd be more concerned about the possibility of fake documents, bribes, lack of proper access for certain groups (such as the poor), and bureaucracy, but the idea itself doesn't seem bad to me per se.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Who cares? Nobody on this forum, all they care about is being right and making their points.

You agree with a post objecting to a perceived "character assassination" but then say this yourself. What? :confused:

The self-righteousness is appalling, but thank God for Jesus, so we can know how we should behave towards others.

A preaching tone is more self-righteous than anything I've seen in this thread.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm talking about mRNA vaccines, which haven't been used before on humans. And Moderna does have a shady financial history, and has never had a vaccine approved before.

Why should anyone trust your word over that of the multiple studies that have shown mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 to be safe and effective overall?