• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

What do feelings have to do with understanding what evidence is and isn't? Feelings are irrelevant. There are well established standards for what evidence is, and the standard in logic and reasoning tat uses evidence to form valid conclusions. Believers who try to debate their religious beliefs tend to have low skill levels in what evidence is, and how to reason. No one comes to a valid conclusion that a God exists via evidence and reasoning.

No we don't. Critical thinkers have learned the ruls of logic and how to follow evidence. That is how science works. If you want to dismiss the results in science you aren't doing it rationally. And that is something you need to ponder. At some point someone told you your religious beliefs are true, and you believed them. But now you reject what experts report. How does that make sense? This illustrates the negative affect that evangelical Christianty imposes on many citizens, and they are oblivious. You aren't a skilled thinker, and that is aliability.

No you don't. No one can say thay know any God exists. This is what believers have to tell themselves in order to justify irrational beliefs. The 9-11 hijackers were certain God told them to kill themselves and fly planes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people. This is how religion works when it has no test in reality. You may not kill yourself and others, but you believe God talks to you, and that is something you should be wary of.

I have a few remember when's, when I would use an argument, I thought to be the end all be all closer of the subject in question, just to find a hole in the table from the dime I had been spinning on. That's when I understood the concept of a hole being present in one. The Ides of March was a great movie.

Anyway, define God.

Which one?

All of them.

There aren't any.

How do you know?

There's no evidence for them.

Why not?