• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

servant1

So, how to know truth from error? 1 John 4 speaks of spirit, the spirit of truth specifically, indwelling within us as people, as those who know God through which we are better able to understand the difference between that which is true and that which isn't.

An honest personality makes a huge difference in how we relate to the world around us.
That says 0 that the holy spirit is God.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Sorry that I offend so many people, I will continually try to work on it, I am very sorry, I want to do debates but I am not very good at it.

Sorry some feel that I am condescending, I will continually work on it. :sparklingheart:
You're fine to me.

That says 0 that the holy spirit is God.

10 to the power of, maybe ...

To balance the scale in practice: If we are to utilize 10 to the power of 0, and in the contrast between what we profess to be wrong and right, having them counted and numbered each, it begs the question: Between the two on the scale, which side would get the tip?

Mostly right

or

Mostly wrong

Last edited:

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Isaiah 44:6-in a real translation= I am ( YHVH)Jehovah) beside ME there is no other God)))))---ME =a single being not a we.
I really like that scripture too, many scriptures explain Jesus is in heaven at God's right hand.

I agree with you and the Bible, Isaiah 44:6 says: beside ME there is no God.

Isaiah 44:6

YLT(i) 6 Thus said Jehovah, king of Israel, And his Redeemer, Jehovah of Hosts: `I am the first, and I the last, And besides Me there is no God.

Rotherham(i) 6 Thus, saith Yahweh––King of Israel, Even his Redeemer, Yahweh of hosts,––I, am, First, and, I, Last, And, besides me, there is, no

God.

כֹּה־אָמַר יְהוָה מֶלֶךְ־יִשְׂרָאֵל וְגֹאֲלוֹ יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת אֲנִי רִאשׁוֹן וַאֲנִי אַחֲרוֹן וּמִבַּלְעָדַי אֵין אֱלֹהִים׃Translated into English from the Hebrew text.
Thus saith YHVH, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, YHVH of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

Isaiah 44:6 The Sar Shalom Hebrew-English Bible online. A Bible from a Jewish Faith.

Jesus is my everything, I listen to his every word to determine any beliefs, Jesus words John 17:3; John 20:17; Matthew 16:13–17; John 3:16, 10:36

And the Apostles have these words to say even after Jesus has ascended to heaven: 1 Peter 1:3; Ephesians 1:3, 17; 2 Corinthians 1:3, 11:31; Romans 15:6; Rev 1:1, 1:6; 1 Cor 15:24; Colossians 1:3; Ephesians 4:4-6; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1st Timothy 2:5; 2 John 1:3; 2 Peter 1:17; 1st John 4:9-10

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So, how to know truth from error? 1 John 4 speaks of spirit, the spirit of truth specifically, indwelling within us as people, as those who know God through which we are better able to understand the difference between that which is true and that which isn't.

An honest personality makes a huge difference in how we relate to the world around us.

It's all good, but not everything is beneficial for me as an individual.
We are all influenced one way or another. Sometimes by religion, sometimes not. And religions also have differing views on certain subjects.

YoursTrue

Sorry that I offend so many people, I will continually try to work on it, I am very sorry, I want to do debates but I am not very good at it.

Sorry some feel that I am condescending, I will continually work on it. :sparklingheart:
Some people evidently love debates I suppose. It doesn't really matter if they are right or wrong as long as they can debate. I'm on the debate forums because otherwise my comments or differences might be construed as something other. Once the insults start, though, the "discussion" or debate takes a different turn.

YoursTrue

Not me, I like discussing things on the forum. I'm not here to convert those who don't agree
Walt said he's looking for truth. When you say 'not me,' if I interpret correctly, you're saying you're not looking for truth. I have to agree with walt in that I have found to an extent what I was looking for.

We are all influenced one way or another. Sometimes by religion, sometimes not. And religions also have differing views on certain subjects.

The point I was attempting to make is that the insinuation, suggesting it makes 0 mention of the spirit of God, was presumed in error. If the spirit of God is not about truth, then what is it about?

YoursTrue

I was actually looking for something more substantial then fruit flies, maybe the species that evolves into a human, why would that evolving just all the sudden stop?
Hello walt. Regardless of something more substantial than fruit flies, I was reading about the fabulous complexity of a fruit fly's brain. Amazing! Now to get me to believe it all came about without any superior intelligent force is not acceptable to me any longer. It used to be, but no more since I believe there is a God who made the heavens and -- the earth -- and enabled the process of life. Thus I leave the matter, yet am thoroughly amazed at the complexity of a fruitf fly's brain.

YoursTrue

The point I was attempting to make is that the insinuation, suggesting it makes 0 mention of the spirit of God, was presumed in error. If the spirit of God is not about truth, then what is it about?
I guess we are speaking English but two different languages because I do not understand what you mean by the above. If you care to explain, fine. If not, that's ok too.

walt

Hello walt. Regardless of something more substantial than fruit flies, I was reading about the fabulous complexity of a fruit fly's brain. Amazing! Now to get me to believe it all came about without any superior intelligent force is not acceptable to me any longer. It used to be, but no more since I believe there is a God who made the heavens and -- the earth -- and enabled the process of life. Thus I leave the matter, yet am thoroughly amazed at the complexity of a fruitf fly's brain.
Thank you, I did not know this, I guess the first article with the fruit fly information was more substantial then I thought, but I still agree with you, any type of life, would require intelligence for any steps to happen, in the first place.

YoursTrue

What is the spirit of God?
If you really want to discuss this as rationally as possible, I would first like to know if you believe that the spirit of God is one of the three persons of the said trinity that some believe in. However you would answer, I hope I can discuss it with you.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Walt said he's looking for truth. When you say 'not me,' if I interpret correctly, you're saying you're not looking for truth. I have to agree with walt in that I have found to an extent what I was looking for.

You interpret incorrectly.

I'm not here with a goal in mind. I'm here to discuss not proselytise.

YoursTrue

Thank you, I did not know this, I guess the first article with the fruit fly information was more substantial then I thought, but I still agree with you, any type of life, would require intelligence, in the first place.
Yes, I was just reading about it. Largest brain map ever reveals fruit fly’s neurons in exquisite detail
From the article, link above:

"Largest brain map ever reveals fruit fly’s neurons in exquisite detail

Wiring diagram lays out connections between nearly 140,000 neurons and reveals new types of nerve cell."

walt

What is the spirit of God?
I believe in God's Spirit also, I just want to understand your position a little better.

Does God's Spirit offer information independent of what's already said in the Bible? Something new or different then the scriptures?

YoursTrue

You interpret incorrectly.

I'm not here with a goal in mind. I'm here to discuss not proselytise.
OK, I misunderstood your remark. Language is interesting, isn't it?
I enjoyed learning about the brains of fruitflies that scientists are discovering. Fabulous. From the article, worth a read imo. Article in Largest brain map ever reveals fruit fly’s neurons in exquisite detail

Wiring diagram lays out connections between nearly 140,000 neurons and reveals new types of nerve cell.