• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
From a few billion years ago? Good luck with that. I don't know anyone that old. My mother's 96 but that's not even close. Even if I could answer you want me to do it without words. I'm wondering what else I could use.

I didn't nor to the best of my knowledge have I ever asked you for evidence for anything. I asked you for a definition of a word in the bible.

Is this a question you got from the watchtower online library? I think I remember seeing it.
Is something evolving today into another species? No!
  • In the last 1,000 years do we have any eyewitnesses, of one species evolving into another species? No!
  • We have billions of people on the earth, where are the species evolving into another species?
  • If it is true wouldn't it still be happening?

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
  • In the last 1,000 years do we have any eyewitnesses, of one species evolving into another species? No!

You're so angry about it you want to yell and answer your own questions. Thanks, saves me trying to answer watchtower scripted questions.

• We have billions of people on the earth, where are the species evolving into another species?

Evolution is happening as we type. Each new generation is unique. Sorry for the use of words.

walt

watchtower
I take this subject personally, I am not the watchtower.
Evolution is happening as we type. Each new generation is unique. Sorry for the use of words.
Nice try, I asked you a specific question, did you forget? Is something evolving today or in the last 1,000 years into another species?

By the way I'm not angry, Everybody has a right in this country to believe what they think is true.

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I take this subject personally, I am not the watchtower.

You ask the questions they recommend asking at their online library. Coincidence perhaps.

Nice try, I asked you a specific question, did you forget?

You asked a loaded question that can't be answered. Similar to asking... have you stopped beating your wife. It's not a friendly discussion tactic.

If you want to know if any new species has been observed evolving then the answer is yes. A new species of Galapagos Finch has evolved and it was observed. I can provide a website from the researchers if you're truly interested and not just trying to ask gotcha questions.

By the way I'm not angry, Everybody has a right in this country to believe what they think is true.

Sorry for misinterpreting, it seemed you were very angry to me. Good for your country, mine is the same.

walt

You ask the questions they recommend asking at their online library. Coincidence perhaps.

You asked a loaded question that can't be answered. Similar to asking... have you stopped beating your wife. It's not a friendly discussion tactic.

If you want to know if any new species has been observed evolving then the answer is yes. A new species of Galapagos Finch has evolved and it was observed. I can provide a website from the researchers if you're truly interested and not just trying to ask gotcha questions.

Sorry for misinterpreting, it seemed you were very angry to me. Good for your country, mine is the same.
Thanks for your kindness and understanding, I think evolution versus God creating everything, Is something each individual has the perfect right to decide for themselves, weighing in the different evidences. I respect your beliefs I just want the same respect. :heartribbon:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Thanks for your kindness and understanding, I think evolution versus God creating everything, Is something each individual has the perfect right to decide for themselves, weighing in the different evidences. I respect your beliefs I just want the same respect. :heartribbon:

I would respect you more if you could explain "kinds" to me because it baffles the heck out of me as to what it means.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Do you mean kindness? Did I use the word "kinds" ?

No I mean kinds as in genesis in regards to groups of animals. Someone used it the other day and I realised I had no idea what it means but they refuse to give me a definition.

walt

No I mean kinds as in genesis in regards to groups of animals. Someone used it the other day and I realised I had no idea what it means but they refuse to give me a definition.
I will look into it, I am to sleepy right now. Thanks. :)

F1fan

Veteran Member
Sorry off subject, You believe in evolution right?
The properly educated accept evolution as a valid explanation for the diversity of life.
Do you personally have an opinion of the first thing that happens in evolution? Do you have any evidence of the first few steps happening? Something more significant then webbed feet. Why can't we eyewitness any steps happening?
We lay people defer to what experts in the various fileds of sciene report. We well eductaed don't have any reasons to reject what these experts conclude. Even many theists accept what scientists report in their work. When some question cience they indictae that they have been improperly influenced by religioius extremists who spread disinformation. I under stand many Christians have been taught a flawed interpretation of Genesis, and accepting that irrational scenario and rejecting science is something they should feel embarrassment for.
The first step? The first thing that evolves? What's first? What is second? What is third?
Read what experts say.
I don't want a link to evolution 101 please. I want your personal information you have learned.
I don't want to read how ignorant many Christians are when all this knowledge is readily available for free, and not controversial in any way.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Actually, we do.

At Wayne State University, where I did my graduate work, experiments with fruit flies established that their d.n.a. could evolve enough over years to form new species: Speciation - Wikipedia

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I would respect you more if you could explain "kinds" to me because it baffles the heck out of me as to what it means.
The Bible is not a scientific textbook, as we know. On the other hand, it does specify that God created animal life according to their "kind." At this point, though, I have to make a disclaimer. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING the Bible says, but I believe it is what God wants us to know. :)
So -- since it did not go into elaboration on what is a 'kind,' I personally can safely assume (but I may be wrong) that it is something like birds differing from wolves. Because finches so far as I know remain finches and bees remain bees, and oh yes, let me not forget that humans and gorillas cannot interbreed. To reiterate, the Biblical kind to me means more than species but something like birds differing from wolves.

The Bible starts talking about all kinds of subjects all of a sudden, explain specifically what words reveal, how these scriptures are out of context, please.

I didn't even mention their meaning. How do you get all that from three scriptures just in front of you?
The first verse you quoted from Matthew is part of the larger sermon on the mount. It's a full sermon. To take one verse out of it is the very definition of cherry picking.

And my response wasn't just about those three verses. It was about your approach as a whole. Trying to connect verses that don't really connect is not reading the Bible for what it is. It's forcing your view onto the text, and interpreting it in a manner that fits your world view.

How many days has your heart instructed your mind to do John 4:22-24 in your lifetime? A true followers heart does it 24/7-365

Wisdom=Prov 8--verse 30 describes Gods master worker= the one who was beside God during creation process-Gives God alone 100% credit for creating. (Prov 8:27-28-HE created, not we created.

I am not judging. I share what God has already judged. The bible has already judged.
You never answered my question. You also didn't address the evidence for Biblical support of a trinitarian view. And yes, you're judging others based on your views, not on what God has already judged. You're taking your interpretation as the only possible interpretation, and then judging others based on that view. You're placing yourself in the seat of God, claiming you know what God really means, and what should be judged.

You're doing the exact opposite of what Jesus said to do.

walt

I agree with my Sister's words about Bible words, She knows more than I do.

walt

The first verse you quoted from Matthew is part of the larger sermon on the mount. It's a full sermon. To take one verse out of it is the very definition of cherry picking.

And my response wasn't just about those three verses. It was about your approach as a whole. Trying to connect verses that don't really connect is not reading the Bible for what it is. It's forcing your view onto the text, and interpreting it in a manner that fits your world view.
Thank you for your words.. For me Jesus talks I listen, the words themselves reveal the meaning, unless Jesus explains differently. :sparklingheart:

I don't doubt one word spoken by Jesus, unless Jesus himself explains something differently. :sparklingheart:

Everyone uses that out of context excuse, but no one seems to find the proof of something being out of context.

walt

Actually, we do.

At Wayne State University, where I did my graduate work, experiments with fruit flies established that their d.n.a. could evolve enough over years to form new species: Speciation - Wikipedia
I was actually looking for something more substantial then fruit flies, maybe the species that evolves into a human, why would that evolving just all the sudden stop?

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The Bible is not a scientific textbook, as we know. On the other hand, it does specify that God created animal life according to their "kind." At this point, though, I have to make a disclaimer. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING the Bible says, but I believe it is what God wants us to know. :)
So -- since it did not go into elaboration on what is a 'kind,' I personally can safely assume (but I may be wrong) that it is something like birds differing from wolves. Because finches so far as I know remain finches and bees remain bees, and oh yes, let me not forget that humans and gorillas cannot interbreed. To reiterate, the Biblical kind to me means more than species but something like birds differing from wolves.

So no one knows?

walt

The properly educated accept evolution as a valid explanation for the diversity of life.

We lay people defer to what experts in the various fileds of sciene report. We well eductaed don't have any reasons to reject what these experts conclude. Even many theists accept what scientists report in their work. When some question cience they indictae that they have been improperly influenced by religioius extremists who spread disinformation. I under stand many Christians have been taught a flawed interpretation of Genesis, and accepting that irrational scenario and rejecting science is something they should feel embarrassment for.

Read what experts say.

I don't want to read how ignorant many Christians are when all this knowledge is readily available for free, and not controversial in any way.
I just have a different way of thinking, I believe the Bible is the word of God and I listen to every word for direction in my life. God's word is my expert.

I just take the actual words in the Bible as instructions for me, should I not listen to the words in the Bible and instead listen to words and ideas that are missing? Acts 5:29

Thank you I respect your views. :sparklingheart:

Last edited:
Thank you for your words.. For me Jesus talks I listen, the words themselves reveal the meaning, unless Jesus explains differently. :sparklingheart:

I don't doubt one word spoken by Jesus, unless Jesus himself explains something differently. :sparklingheart:

Everyone uses that out of context excuse, but no one seems to find the proof of something being out of context.
Why debate then? If what anyone else says means nothing, then why debate?

And I pointed out how you took Matthew out of context. At this point, it seems like your motive is to preach to others, which is fine, but not really productive in a debate.