• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
[ Belief: Jesus is our Lord, the Son of God and God is His God and Father ]

Jesus gives us instructions and so does the Bible:
1. "I am God's son" "my Father who is in the heavens" "my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." "This is my Son, the beloved"
John 10:36, Matthew 7:21, Matt 3:17,
John 3:16-18, Matthew 11:27, John 3:35, Luke 10:22, John 6:46, Luke 3:32, John 3:13, John 6:38, 8:23, 42; John 17:5, Matt 16:13-17, John 14:1

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!" 1 Peter 1:3, Ephesians 1:3, 17; 2 Corinthians 1:3, 11:31; Romans 15:6, Rev 1:6, 1 Cor 15:24, Colossians 1:3, Ephesians 4:4-6, 1 Corinthians 8:6, 1st Timothy 2:5, John 17:1-3, John 20:17, 2 John 3, 2 Peter 1:17, 1 Tim 1:1, 2 Thess 1:1-2, John 20:31, John 1:34, Galatians 4:4, Acts 20:28, Luke 1:32-35, 1 John 4:9, John 1:34, Hebrews 4:14, John 1:49, Galatians 4:6, Matthew 27:40, Romans 8:3, 32; 1 John 4:9-10, Matthew 14:33, Acts 9:20, Hebrews 1:2, 1 John 4:15, 1 Corinthians 15:47, Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, Mark 12:32, 1 Corinthians 3:23, 11:3, 15:27-28, Isaiah 46:9

Can you explain each detail of your belief, word for word from Bible Scriptures, ONLY ?

Yes I believe the Holy Spirit can help everyone, for me, what's important is to read the words of Christ Jesus then apply them in my life and along the way I put a little more of what Jesus says into practice. :sparklingheart:

It helps me avoid trouble mostly, and it has been evidenced to be effective in how we advance, both in industry/technological, and in health and wellness. It may or may not be as effective in our political arena's. I think it would, but we have a lot of corruption in the ranks, so it's difficult to know with any certainty.

Last edited:

servant1

Would you claim to be a "true" Christian then? Because if you are, you're not following Jesus's example here, or his teachers. After all, you're being incredibly judgmental. Jesus tells us not to bother with the speck in our neighbors eye when you have a plank in yours. Paul tells us clear, judgement is Gods. Yet, you're judging people here.

As for the Trinity, while the term trinity is never mentioned in the Bible, the idea has it's foundation there. Judaism has a binitarian view, as seen in the personification of Wisdom, which isn't a different god, but is a facet of God. We also have the Spirit of God, which isn't separate from God, but is also different from God. As in, it's a facet of God.

If we look at John, Jesus is described as the Logos. In order to understand this we have to look at what the Logos meant in Judaism. We can do that by looking at Philo of Alexandria. And what we see is the logos really being personified Wisdom. Wisdom, as in a facet of God. So while the word trinity is not mentioned, a trinitarian view is clearly there if one understands the context.

Also, trinity religions, or Christianity, doesn't teach that one stops at Jesus. That simply is being deceptive, and it's bearing false witness, which Jesus also had something to say about.
How many days has your heart instructed your mind to do John 4:22-24 in your lifetime? A true followers heart does it 24/7-365

Wisdom=Prov 8--verse 30 describes Gods master worker= the one who was beside God during creation process-Gives God alone 100% credit for creating. (Prov 8:27-28-HE created, not we created.

I am not judging. I share what God has already judged. The bible has already judged.

servant1

The text books teach that the holy spirit is a guiding spirit of truth, that we are children of God (the all), and that the trinity would represent this dynamic in life to be "God head", suggesting that to live and adhere to truth and with an honest and truthful spirit, is what it means to be like Christ or anointed.

If not meaning this, then what?
There is no mention of a godhead in Gods bible. If there were Jesus would be a liar as would Paul.

gotti

Which parts of what? Do you mean the Bible?

Every bit of it. Some of it requires a symbolic explanation though, while other parts require a literal interpretation.

Being aware of the Bible’s main theme (the vindication of God’s Sovereignty & his name YHWH / Yahweh / Jehovah) and accepting its 66-book-canon in its entirety ( its canon from Genesis to Revelation) helps in seeing its harmony in deciphering which parts are literal and which parts are figurative, i.e., symbolic.

In all honesty though, I didn’t learn this on my own. Rather, I was taught this by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It was then, in my late teens, that I found the Bible to be authentic.

I’ve been a student of it ever since!

IMO

Yeah it's a good text for fostering and nurturing a moral compass in the west when a person doesn't have one and suffers because of it.

The bible clearly isn't a science textbook but it has enormous historiographical value and is heavily imbued within modern western culture (as in - from the Renaissance to the present).

It's an excellent tool for people who are at their wits end searching for meaning in a culture that has been absolutely ravaged by post-modernism and the causes of post-modernism (WW2 especially) and might be on the brink of total self-destruction as a result of that starvation for meaning and purpose.

Bashing and ridiculing Christianity for not being empirically or scientifically correct seems really low brow when considering the above.

There is no mention of a godhead in Gods bible. If there were Jesus would be a liar as would Paul.
Christ being head of the body and church is a direct reference to this concept. A truthful spirit and one who adheres to what's true, is able to navigate life more successfully than those who have been deceived by error and lies. This is the reference and intent as I understand it.

walt

Would you please take a look at these scriptures, Do you feel using scriptures alone is a good way to form beliefs?

walt

If you love Jesus and his Father, you are like my brother. :sparklingheart:

Look through the entire New Testament please, when Jesus died and rose to heaven. The Apostle Paul who wrote most of the New Testament, Does he confirm Jesus is God's Son? Or does Paul explain he is really not God's Son?

If we look at all the explanations about Jesus, who are the ones that explain Jesus is not literally God's Son?
Who are the ones making this claim Jesus is not really God's Son?

I believe all the angels in heaven are literally sons of God, I believe Adam was literally God's son also. I believe Jesus is God's Son.
These are Bible teachings, why would we doubt what the Bible teaches over and over?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have already given really good evidence In my past conversations, you have found all my evidence not worthy.

That is probably because it was not evidence. And it definitely was not "good evidence". Can you please give me what you think is your best piece of evidence?
That's okay for me, I respect your views, I respect your evidence, I respect your way of thinking, I respect your determination about something you feel is true, If I could think of some kind words to say, consider them said, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and reasoning. :) :sparklingheart: :twohearts:
Here is the problem. You rely on "my evidence" (it really is not my evidence, for science based topics I use scientific evidence and that would be your evidence too, except that you do not have any). You rely on scientific evidence when you post here. All of the technologies that you use were developed from concepts demonstrated to be correct using scientific evidence. You rely on scientific evidence that refutes the Flood every time that you drive your car. In other words, creationists really should not use cars. Or rely on products that are transported by truck or even train, or ships these days. You need to be Amish in such matters. No one has ever found oil using "creation science".
If there is some way I can help you personally with anything, just let know.. :)
How about trying to learn the basics of science and the concept of scientific evidence? If your beliefs are true that will not make any difference. If some of them are wrong you could change them. One thing that I can reassure you with is that the fact of evolution does not refute Christianity. Science only refutes they myths in Genesis. And as a Christian it can be rather freeing. If one reads the Genesis stories and interprets them literally God is portrayed as evil, incompetent, and vain. You would be able to still be a Christian without making such claims about God.

Would you please take a look at these scriptures, Do you feel using scriptures alone is a good way to form beliefs?

The scriptures are beneficial for instruction, but to limit myself to study just the scriptures would be self-defeating, in my opinion. I call them text books, and the teachers who present the material are worth noting as acceptable messengers. We have many teachers, those who have been able to present material in accuracy for the increase of understanding, and they have lived in many territories all over the world. So, no ... I don't limit myself to the bible or religious text books, but I do find them very useful.

I believe all the angels in heaven are literally sons of God, I believe Adam was literally God's son also. I believe Jesus is God's Son.
These are Bible teachings, why would we doubt what the Bible teaches over and over?

I am in agreement, only I would add to the term sons, daughters and for greater accuracy of intent, namely that we are children of God.

walt

The scriptures are beneficial for instruction, but to limit myself to study just the scriptures would be self-defeating, in my opinion. I call them text books, and the teachers who present the material are worth noting as acceptable messengers. We have many teachers, those who have been able to present material in accuracy for the increase of understanding, and they have lived in many territories all over the world. So, no ... I don't limit myself to the bible or religious text books, but I do find them very useful.
Thank you for explaining your way, I limit myself to God's word the Bible. :) I listen to all kinds of information about all kinds of subjects but in the end I do what the Bible says.

walt

I am in agreement, only I would add to the term sons, daughters and for greater accuracy of intent, namely that we are children of God.
I hear you, but I am talking about Angels in heaven created by God and Adam who was created by God.

Thank you for explaining your way, I limit myself to God's word the Bible. :) I listen to all kinds of information about all kinds of subjects but in the end I do what the Bible says.

I do also, but I do so mostly in that I effort myself to search matters out and hold true to what I learn to be true as a result. Between truth and error are a plethora of objective truths experienced through my subjective lens, so the spirit of truth has become an innate guiding system that I, at the very least, try to utilize in my daily life.

walt

Fair enough position. I view Newton, Plato, Socrates, among many others to be part of the angelic lineup, also.
Thank you for all your time explaining to me.

The Apostle Paul warned the early Christians, do not listen to another teaching even if it comes from an angel, so I'm very careful, I know I am narrow-minded, I just really like and stick with the Holy Scriptures. :sparklingheart:

walt

so the spirit of truth has become an innate guiding system that I, at the very least, try to utilize in my daily life.
I do not understand [ Spirit of truth has become an innate guiding system ].

The Holy Spirit helps me too, and helps me recall a scriptures, I believe it helps people receive strength to endure things and other things.

Maybe you have some scriptures that would shed a little light on the subject? I don't quite understand?

Thank you for all your time explaining to me.

The Apostle Paul warned the early Christians, do not listen to another teaching even if it comes from an angel, so I'm very careful, I know I am narrow-minded, I just really like and stick with the Holy Scriptures. :sparklingheart:
I won't argue your point. Your decision after all. I simply know I didn't learn mathematics from the bible nor how to prepare dinner.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Wouldn't that require stoning homosexuals, drunken sons and people who work on the Sabbath?