• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Why debate then? If what anyone else says means nothing, then why debate?

And I pointed out how you took Matthew out of context. At this point, it seems like your motive is to preach to others, which is fine, but not really productive in a debate.
offer the proof, Just don't debate just for the sake of debating, we are here to learn the truth not just endlessly debate.

You say the scriptures I presented are out of context, offer the proof of your claim please. The Bible talks about all kinds of subjects all of a sudden.

offer the proof, Just don't debate just for the sake of debating, we are here to learn the truth not just endlessly debate.

You say the scriptures I presented are out of context, offer the proof of your claim please. The Bible talks about all kinds of subjects all of a sudden.
The verse you quoted is part of a larger message, called the Sermon on the mount. It's an entire sermon. Logic tells us that you don't simply take one verse out of a sermon, and act like it stands alone. That's a basic concept. To deny that means we have absolutely no place to go with a discussion as we are miles apart.

walt

So no one knows?
Personally whenever I have wanted to know something, nothing and nobody stooped me, I eventually got all the answers I was looking for.

If you are determined to know something I am sure you will find it.

walt

The verse you quoted is part of a larger message, called the Sermon on the mount. It's an entire sermon. Logic tells us that you don't simply take one verse out of a sermon, and act like it stands alone. That's a basic concept. To deny that means we have absolutely no place to go with a discussion as we are miles apart.
How many different subjects did Jesus talk about in the Sermon on the Mount?

Are you trying to explain I can't listen to each and every word Jesus spoke and use it in my life?

If your own father gave you 10 things to understand, would you not listen to his advice for the reason you are explaining?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Did you know there are DIR sub forums where you can discuss various topics with like minded people and debate is not allowed.? I can try and walk you through how to join them or maybe ask a mod. There's also various discussion sub forum where debate is not allowed. At the moment you're in a sub forum called scriptural debates... people are going to debate, it's the point.

walt

Why debate then? If what anyone else says means nothing, then why debate?

And I pointed out how you took Matthew out of context. At this point, it seems like your motive is to preach to others, which is fine, but not really productive in a debate.
Don't people debate to figure out what is true, Jesus said the truth will set you free, Isn't that what we're trying to do in a debate?

Don't people debate to figure out what is true, Jesus said the truth will set you free, Isn't that what we're trying to do in a debate?
If your position is, I only listen to Jesus when he speaks to me, and you simply dismiss everyone else, then you're not trying to find the truth. Because for you, you already have the truth. Meaning, the most likely explanation here, is that your intention is to preach to others and you're not interested in a real debate.

walt

Did you know there are DIR sub forums where you can discuss various topics with like minded people and debate is not allowed.? I can try and walk you through how to join them or maybe ask a mod. There's also various discussion sub forum where debate is not allowed. At the moment you're in a sub forum called scriptural debates... people are going to debate, it's the point.
I understand your words, don't people have a goal in mind when debating? When I debate I have a goal, I am looking for truth.

walt

If your position is, I only listen to Jesus when he speaks to me, and you simply dismiss everyone else, then you're not trying to find the truth. Because for you, you already have the truth. Meaning, the most likely explanation here, is that your intention is to preach to others and you're not interested in a real debate.
I'm sorry you feel this way.. You have every right to understand things your own way.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I just have a different way of thinking, I believe the Bible is the word of God and I listen to every word for direction in my life. God's word is my expert.

I just take the actual words in the Bible as instructions for me, should I not listen to the words in the Bible and instead listen to words and ideas that are missing? Acts 5:29

Thank you I respect your views. :sparklingheart:
What you say here is typical for those who were indoctrinated into evangelical Christianity. Your rejection of science is not due to sound education but from toxic ideology.

I notice you completely ignore the criticism of how you think. Do you realize you are mistaken?

F1fan

Veteran Member
I understand your words, don't people have a goal in mind when debating? When I debate I have a goal, I am looking for truth.
Then why aren’t you accepting what experts in science report? They use an objective methodology to determine how things function in the universe.

Perhaps you are seeking ways to justify your religious beliefs, not a search for truth.

walt

What you say here is typical for those who were indoctrinated into evangelical Christianity. Your rejection of science is not due to sound education but from toxic ideology.

I notice you completely ignore the criticism of how you think. Do you realize you are mistaken?
Couldn't people claim that of anyone.

walt

Then why aren’t you accepting what experts in science report? They use an objective methodology to determine how things function in the universe.

Perhaps you are seeking ways to justify your religious beliefs, not a search for truth.
Why has the species before humans stopped evolving? and the others before that stopped involving?

It looks like I'm surely not winning any prizes today. Thanks for the conversation Sorry to waste your time.

walt

That is so very condescending. It's why so many people have issues with Christians.
I would say something very nice, kind and loving, but I don't know what kind of words you are looking for? That would offer some kind of help to this conversation.

I would say something very nice, kind and loving, but I don't know what kind of words you are looking for? That would offer some kind of help to this conversation.
This isn't a conversation. It's you being absolutely condescending to everyone. It's you refusing to actually deal with anything anyone says, because, as you've shown, you think you know better than anyone else. That's the issue here. You're not willing to engage. You instead seem intent on preaching.

walt

Sorry that I offend so many people, I will continually try to work on it, I am very sorry, I want to do debates but I am not very good at it.

Sorry some feel that I am condescending, I will continually work on it. :sparklingheart:

Last edited:

servant1

Christ being head of the body and church is a direct reference to this concept. A truthful spirit and one who adheres to what's true, is able to navigate life more successfully than those who have been deceived by error and lies. This is the reference and intent as I understand it.
Paul 1Cor 8:5-6--Warns of other gods being false then names only the Father as God-Why? Since he mentions Jesus as Lord and no mention of HS.

Paul 1Cor 8:5-6--Warns of other gods being false then names only the Father as God-Why? Since he mentions Jesus as Lord and no mention of HS.
So, how to know truth from error? 1 John 4 speaks of spirit, the spirit of truth specifically, indwelling within us as people, as those who know God through which we are better able to understand the difference between that which is true and that which isn't.

An honest personality makes a huge difference in how we relate to the world around us.

It's all good, but not everything is beneficial for me as an individual.

servant1

The first verse you quoted from Matthew is part of the larger sermon on the mount. It's a full sermon. To take one verse out of it is the very definition of cherry picking.

And my response wasn't just about those three verses. It was about your approach as a whole. Trying to connect verses that don't really connect is not reading the Bible for what it is. It's forcing your view onto the text, and interpreting it in a manner that fits your world view.

You never answered my question. You also didn't address the evidence for Biblical support of a trinitarian view. And yes, you're judging others based on your views, not on what God has already judged. You're taking your interpretation as the only possible interpretation, and then judging others based on that view. You're placing yourself in the seat of God, claiming you know what God really means, and what should be judged.

You're doing the exact opposite of what Jesus said to do.
There is no biblical support of a trinity. Twisting things makes it seem so, but when one researches facts they find out truth.
Trinity religions use Elohim as plural for God thus say Israel God was a trinity, But when one looks at facts they find in the Hebrew language Elohim translates-The supreme one or the mighty one for the God they served, nothing plural implicated. There were however false trinity gods served in the OT days thus Elohim would be plural for those.
Isaiah 44:6-in a real translation= I am ( YHVH)Jehovah) beside ME there is no other God)))))---ME =a single being not a we.