• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caitlyn Jenner Calls Transwoman Artemis Langford 'Perverted, Sexually Deviant Male' Who Doesn't 'Belong in Women's Spaces'

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
Well, if he decides to start doing it to board members, he'll get in trouble. He's just making it harder for himself to have discussions with people here. That's why so don't see the point to doing it.

I think we know how he'd refer to the ones he knows are trans (if he can correctly infer their birth sex) if he was able to talk about us rather than to us.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Post #114
:rolleyes:

Just so you know, sex hormones are a big part of everyone's biology and have a huge impact on and change just about every part of the body. A transsexual who is on hormones, especially after a number of years, is not really biologically the same as other members of their natal sex. Many of the changes are irreversible, as well. At the least, transsexuals are a kind of in-between, physically, between their natal sex and transitioned sex. So you're not really correct there, either. But I don't expect you to know what you're talking about here. It's sex hormones that really make you a man or a woman, and are the most important part of transitioning sex. To be honest, the surgeries are mostly cosmetic. Not so with the hormones.

(It's also not the same as abusing steroids in bodybuilding or women with PCOS, as transsexuals aim to have their hormone levels in range of their transitioned sex. I have never and doubt I would ever mistake a woman with PCOS who has facial hair for being a man. They still obviously are women.)

Last edited:

Kfox

:rolleyes:

Just so you know, sex hormones are a big part of everyone's biology and have a huge impact on and change just about every part of the body.
Agreed
A transsexual who is on hormones, especially after a number of years, is not really biologically the same as other numbers of their natal sex.
What are numbers of natal sex?
Many of the changes are irreversible, as well. At the least, transsexuals are a kind of in-between, physically, between their natal sex and transitioned sex. So you're not really correct there, either.
I disagree; though hormones are a part of biology, they are not the entirety of biology. Giving someone artificial hormones does not change that person from male to female. That’s why when women take steroids (male hormones) and lift weights, though she may get muscles as big as a man’s muscles, her muscles will not look like a man’s muscle; they will only look like bigger female muscles.
But I don't expect you to know what you're talking about here.
I was kinda thinking the same thing about you. But nothing wrong with having a discussion; right?
It's sex hormones that really make you a man or a woman,
What about xx vs xy chromosomes? Or having a prostate instead of a uterus? What about ovaries vs testes? Or heart, and lung, size and capacity. What about bone density or even brain differences? I think there is a bit more to man vs woman than sex hormones.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Agreed

What are numbers of natal sex?
It was a typo; I meant "members".
I disagree; though hormones are a part of biology, they are not the entirety of biology. Giving someone artificial hormones does not change that person from male to female. That’s why when women take steroids (male hormones) and lift weights, though she may get muscles as big as a man’s muscles, her muscles will not look like a man’s muscle; they will only look like bigger female muscles.
I said sex hormones are a big part of biology, not that they were all of it, obviously.

I already brought up athletes abusing androgens and said it's not the same as transsexual HRT. That female weightlifter in your example would not be taking the same levels of testosterone as a trans man. Testosterone therapy causes a trans man to develop a male musculature.
What about xx vs xy chromosomes? Or having a prostate instead of a uterus? What about ovaries vs testes? Or heart, and lung, size and capacity. What about bone density or even brain differences? I think there is a bit more to man vs woman than sex hormones.
Chromosomes are just a blueprint, and the finished product may not come out as expected. There's many things that affect sexual development. Like hormones.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. Obviously hormones don't change everything after you've gone through puberty, such as bone structure (although they affect bone density). But it does have a big impact on your organs, muscles, ligaments, tendons, the blood, skin, hair, genitals, reproductive organs, brain, etc. I'm just saying that, for example, a trans man who is on testosterone cannot be said to be totally biologically female as if the testosterone hasn't changed the body in significant ways. Ditto for trans woman.

Kfox

I already brought up athletes abusing androgens and said it's not the same as transsexual HRT. That female weightlifter in your example would not be taking the same levels of testosterone as a trans man. Testosterone therapy causes a trans man to develop a male musculature.
How is a woman using steroids different than a trans man using testostorone?
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. Obviously hormones don't change everything after you've gone through puberty, such as bone structure (although they affect bone density). But it does have a big impact on your organs, muscles, ligaments, tendons, the blood, skin, hair, genitals, reproductive organs, brain, etc. I'm just saying that, for example, a trans man who is on testosterone cannot be said to be totally biologically female as if the testosterone hasn't changed the body in significant ways. Ditto for trans woman.
So if I understand you correctly, you are saying a biological male who is undergoing estrogen therapy for medical purposes (like prostate cancer etc) that due to the effects estrogen will have on the male body, he is no longer totally a biological male any more?

Last edited:

syo

That's a twist! Who is right?

Caitlyn Jenner Calls Transwoman Artemis Langford 'Perverted, Sexually Deviant Male' Who Doesn't 'Belong in Women's Spaces'

"Caitlyn Jenner accused a fellow transwoman of being nothing more than a "sexually deviant male" in a scathing tirade during an interview with America Reports host Sandra Smith earlier this week.

This shocking back-and-forth occurred after transgender college student Artemis Langford chose to join a sorority at the University of Wyoming, later resulting in several members of the group suing the organization because they allegedly felt uncomfortable with Langford's presence.

Jenner, who transitioned and legally changed her name herself back in 2015, slammed Langford for making the decision to join the women's college group, insisting that "if you look at those pictures, what I have to say is, he is a perverted, sexually deviant male."

Added the 73-year-old, "I’m sorry, Artemis Langford, you are not a woman and you do not belong in women’s spaces."

I applaud. Well said.