• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caitlyn Jenner Calls Transwoman Artemis Langford 'Perverted, Sexually Deviant Male' Who Doesn't 'Belong in Women's Spaces'

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The whole intentional misgendering of trans people thing is so disingenuous, anyway, as they wouldn't be doing it in the first place if they didn't know the person was trans. People can't tell in so many cases, and wouldn't have any idea unless told. Another benefit of keeping it mostly to yourself.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
The whole intentional misgendering of trans people thing is so disingenuous, anyway, as they wouldn't be doing it in the first place if they didn't know the person was trans. People can't tell in so many cases, and wouldn't have any idea unless told. Another benefit of keeping it mostly to yourself.
I’ve seen many folks online trolling people who try to misgender people by showing them pictures of passing trans folk interspersed with cis folks.

I’m tempted to do the same. Maybe throw in some pics of maybe intersex people. But I feel like that’s invading people’s privacy.

Honestly I’ve never understood the big deal people make it out to be. If someone asks me politely to refer to them by a certain pronoun, it’s not like it costs me anything to do so. Like I’ve probably done it without even thinking about it and just moved on. But whatever I guess
I guess basic manners are out of the question. :shrug:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've tried going the medical route, where with disorder or that syndrome these jerks end up calling cis people trans and end up being complete ******** to people who might just not have a "normal" figure for their birth sex. But they don't care.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Who am I being rude to?
Do you just not know anything? Asking what a soul is, that's a given and it does need defined. But an endocrine system? Thats highschool freshman biology. Who are you being rude to? That shouldn't need explained.

Kfox

By transitioning.
What evidence do you have that whatever it is that he did to transition was a major unbalance of his life?
No clue. But the notion that someone would actually undergo something so drastic just to sneak a peek at boobies is rather preposterous. The trade off makes no sense.
How do you know whatever it is that he underwent was drastic? Perhaps it wasn't as much of a trade off as you seem to think it was.

Last edited:

JDMS

Academic Workhorse

And so unnecessary, too. I imagine it takes more effort to misgender someone who passes than just use the correct pronouns... :rolleyes:

Kfox

I never came across he/him in biology classes or textbooks and I studied the subject to degree level.
People refer to male dogs as "he" and female dogs as "she" all the time; even though dogs don't have gender. They do this in reference to the dog's biology.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
No; I was just making the point that he/him can be applied to biology or gender.
When an ultrasound reveals the fetus' sex (or sexes in the case of mixed twins), it's common from that point onward in conversations on development and any potential issues to reference he/his, she/hers, so...

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Is this about Lanford? I don't think I saw in reports what pronouns were preferred. And given so many in the community consider trans to include a variety of things, the binary he/him she/her pronouns aren't always a given: they, xir, etc., umpteen mix n' match even when claiming a gender.

Kfox

When an ultrasound reveals the fetus' sex (or sexes in the case of mixed twins), it's common from that point onward in conversations on development and any potential issues to reference he/his, she/hers, so...
No disagreement here! As I said before it's based on biology also.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Is this about Lanford? I don't think I saw in reports what pronouns were preferred. And given so many in the community consider trans to include a variety of things, the binary he/him she/her pronouns aren't always a given: they, xir, etc., umpteen mix n' match even when claiming a gender.
Well, that was a general statement but he was misgendering Jenner, and a trans man in a picture in another thread. I don't see the point of it except to be rude and spiteful.