• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can all religions settle their diffrences?

BruceDLimber

Hi again! :)

Not to worry: no offense taken.

To answer your question, the vast majority of Baha'is (there are seven million of us) serve without pay and are happy to do so! Indeed, this is the very meaning of the word "service!"

As far as I know, the only individuals who actually receive any sort of financial support from the Faith are the nine members of our world-level elected administrative body, and possibly the secretary-generals of some of the larger National Spiritual Assemblies (and even all these individuals get only minimal subsistence support--nothing more).

Peace, :)

Bruce

rcscwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf
Ah.

All god-concepts are different perceptions of the same Supreme Truth.

You might want to look up the Buddhist parable of the blind men and the elephant.

That's a parable? I thought it was just a cool poem!

You learn something every day.

That was no a parable. It was an example to support the Jain Doctrine of Partial Information.

Each man had a partial yet valid knowledge of a elephat.

thou shall not judge

Find your own path
i would request you to kindly check up and gather more info before making comments and passing your judgements.
open up google and type in buddhist violence sri lanka. you will find out how buddhist mobs are attacking people over there and not just people, causing a lot of damage to churches.

Regarding the Hindus, again check up whats going in india, how the ram sena group and the vishwa hindu parishad are creating havoc every now and then. for instance take the bangalore pub issue. women were dragged by their hair out of pubs and beaten up by the ram sena group. what would you call that?

And i dont think so i will have to explain anything about taliban.

What we need to understand is that there are blacksheeps in every community, you cannot label the whole community just because of the acts of a group of people. You yourself are creating differences and showing disrespect by labelling christians and muslims as trouble makers.

You just believe what the electronic media shows you, i feel sorry for you because you keep on fooling yourself by just believing what you see over the television.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf
Ah.

All god-concepts are different perceptions of the same Supreme Truth.

You might want to look up the Buddhist parable of the blind men and the elephant.

That was no a parable. It was an example to support the Jain Doctrine of Partial Information.

Each man had a partial yet valid knowledge of a elephat.

That's what a parable is. :D (At least I thought.)

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Yes,then the Doomday,Christ back to earth,all pagan will knee and obey His almighty power,and those still not wish to convert's pagan will be in hell eternal.So,the world will pure again,one world,one religion,one God.

Why, thank you for your insightful contribution to the discussion!:facepalm: